997 Carrera S market?

39 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

why do they bother??

how much is it per week to list a car on carsales?

No idea... just fishing perhaps? 

Carsales is a one time ad cost, so really no incentive to take the ad down... however for serious buyers, a car that stagnates on the market just develops a bad stigma! 

I enquired on this one on 30th March 2020. It was $39,995 at the time https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/SSE-AD-4630521

The seller didn’t respond, it had been on the market for quite some time back then. 15 months later it’s gone up to $69,000. This is surely not a genuine seller

6 hours ago, sleazius said:

Haven't been on here in a long time but i may sell mine. Still undecided but given I've driven it 300km in the past 3 years. Maybe.

Just put an order in for another one and i may need the space. I'll think about it.

Is it racing yellow & manual?

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Is it racing yellow & manual?

Speed Yellow, also PSE and Sport Chrono. 40k kms. Have been flirting with shifting it for years, but then I move something else instead.

I’ll list it here before car sales if I do decide to part with it.

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

Speed Yellow, also PSE and Sport Chrono. 40k kms. Have been flirting with shifting it for years, but then I move something else instead.

I’ll list it here before car sales if I do decide to part with it.

Sounds like the perfect 997 Carrera S 😍

• 10 months later...

Time for an update to this thread.  What's the current thinking on a 997 Carrera S for $100-$120k?  Unobtainium?  What are .2 PDKs going for S and non S??

Starting to think again about downtrading the 996.1 GT3, would like to come out with $50k or so after....

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Time for an update to this thread.  What's the current thinking on a 997 Carrera S for $100-$120k?  Unobtainium?  What are .2 PDKs going for S and non S??

Starting to think again about downtrading the 996.1 GT3, would like to come out with $50k or so after....

I’d only buy a 987.2 S & this is the only one on Carsales, judging by current asking prices for 996 GT3’s  you’d be a chance.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-auto-my10/OAG-AD-20652125

2 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

I’d only buy a 987.2 S & this is the only one on Carsales, judging by current asking prices for 996 GT3’s  you’d be a chance.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-auto-my10/OAG-AD-20652125

Not with the kms on my car, but also this one is black 😞 - in fact all the ones I've come up with seem to be black 😞 

11 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Not with the kms on my car, but also this one is black 😞 - in fact all the ones I've come up with seem to be black 😞 

Black does seem to be extremely common on 997’s. How many km’s on your GT3?

997.1 manual coupes with under 100km in good condition probably around 120k. That said 170k being asked for some 4S coupes on C/S. Big asks compared to 12 months ago. No many to choose from either. 

On 24/04/2022 at 21:08, TwoHeadsTas said:

997.1 C2S Manual coupe with low km's (ie 60-80k) I'd say your range is $130-140k, Non S are rarer, therefore should come at a premium 😛 j/k those are about $10k less, tiptronic seems to deduct around $20k as per usual, cab, about the same discount. 

Low mile cars are seemingly rare, but I think that speaks volumes for how useable they are more than anything! 

997.2 pricing, well I would have to start smoking some crack to understand some of the asking prices I have seen, they make zero sense to me most the time, the ones that are priced right tend to evaporate. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

997.1 C2S Manual coupe with low km's (ie 60-80k) I'd say your range is $130-140k, Non S are rarer, therefore should come at a premium 😛 j/k those are about $10k less, tiptronic seems to deduct around $20k as per usual, cab, about the same discount. 

Low mile cars are seemingly rare, but I think that speaks volumes for how useable they are more than anything! 

997.2 pricing, well I would have to start smoking some crack to understand some of the asking prices I have seen, they make zero sense to me most the time, the ones that are priced right tend to evaporate. 

Edgy is pretty spot on re 997.1 C2s manuals, have just completed a transaction for a friend , lower kms  perfect service history in that range 

Re 997.2 C2s manuals, I have just bought one my self , 27,000kms 

This appeared on market today.  

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 997 Series II Manual MY09 (carsales.com.au)

OK, seriously thinking now.  A couple have come up in Tassie which I'll look at over next week.

If you have one you are thinking about selling, please PM me - looking for .2 PDK coupe, would consider a cab, or .1 manual coupe.  Any colour but black

• 1 month later...

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-60020333/sports-and-luxury-cars/2005-porche-carrera-s-manual-coupe-wovr-inspected?redirect=0                                                                                                     Could be a good entry to the 997 manual coupe market if cheap enough.

WVOR is hail damage that looks to be repaired and also an import from UK.