Your 996 - how modded is modded?

michel

1 hour ago, Merv said:

This UK thread shows (with photos) some extensive 996 modding and its planned sale http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=106137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yes Richard’s car is quite the delight. Intended as the Mule for testing prototyping products, for Ltd production. Exactly the kind of car I’m sure we would all enjoy only if Porsche had  made a ‘996R ‘

The car is currently at live auction, with six days to run at £32,500

Shame in Australia despite the cars and coffee skiting cred as you leaned on the carbon autoclaved roof , I couldn’t imagine anyone because of entry cost and originality worries building a type of car to this extent in  OZ

Where’s all the wide boy 996 oz mod crew

1 hour ago, michel said:

because of entry cost and originality worries building a type of car to this extent in  OZ

I reckon "Tall Poppy Syndrome" plays a part too.

Also, I don't think the "poo poo" mentality is restricted to OZ, just look at all the hate the RWB porkers get. 😄

3 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

I reckon "Tall Poppy Syndrome" plays a part too.

Also, I don't think the "poo poo" mentality is restricted to OZ, just look at all the hate the RWB porkers get. 😄

Personally dismissing the above weirdness. (@Raven 😉), . But hey,; not seen in flesh or web, many extensively well conceived wildly modded base 996’s.  aside from track cars.  

if I include  generationally 986’s,  then can only look to @MFX for an equivalent guffaw

the CLR is very OEM in execution and arguably has mods that most of us would enjoy , appreciate and lust for, it also appearing to be OEM user friendly.

interested in what people in Oz are doing with their 996’s

15 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

I removed the rear wiper on my 996 when I had it, does that count as modded?

You rebel

2 hours ago, st3ve said:

:blink:  My eyes!... my eyes!...

That's worse than Jeff's Roxster.

That's a big call, though I'd say it JUST sneaks in as a bit worse

Here's the link to the auction of Richards CLR:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1998-porsche-911-996-carrera-clr

A truly inspirational build.

A mind boggling amount of time, talent and passion has gone into this car. For me it represents the ultimate expression of what an NA, non-GT3 996 can be. Hope the lucky new owner cherishes it, drives the doors off of it and tells us all about it.

Best wishes Richard @CLR and a sincere thank you for the joy you've bought me reading/watching your 996 and Alfa 105 exploits.

11 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

No from me. If I buy a 996 I'm embracing and enjoying the different look of the front!