INTRODUCTION THREAD

couldn't find a thread to introduce yourself so here it is

(feel free to cut me down if there is one already :D )

g'day names mark

been working on porsches since i was a young fella

working out east of melbourne

more into vw's

but porsches pay the bills

hate the new stuff

can only really tolerate up to 89ish

bit over watercooled to ;)

cheers

g'day names mark

more into vw's

hate the new stuff

cheers

LEGEND!

The funniest first post I've ever read!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Don't hold back though Mark, we only like people around here that speak their minds, OK?!

Sorry, have to LMAO again... :lol::lol::lol:

On ya mate! Welcome aboard. ;):)

See you out there in the posts...

Kerry

PS Feel free to post some pics of your car/s in Porsche Gallery, even if they are VeeDubs!

Good idea on the pic library, who are you with?

By the way, love the site, some great pics (Bangkok! :blink: ) and great to see a different vibe to a forum. Certainly a wee bit less reserved than us... although I am thinking about changing our "Ownership and Enthusiasm" forum, to "talk crap"! :P:lol:

Kerry

g'day names mark

more into vw's

hate the new stuff

cheers

Welcome aboard Mark.

You win the award for most posts by a newbie on first day...actually probably for most posts in a day :o

Doug

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi to all.

Name's Peter, had my 3.2 for 3 years and only recently came across the forum (must get out from under my rock).

Great to find a place where I can read and talk about "How Great Porsches Are". Hoping to learn a little more about my old girl as well.

Current ride has been a daily driver, Aust delivered, factory black with 240,000 k's on the clock. Motor is still clean & strong, regularly maintained, so I hope there's still many more years of motoring before any talk about an engine rebuild. Sad to say, kids have finally outgrown the back seat, so time has come; looking for new set of kids, small in stature, happy going around corners.

post-354-129703378609_thumb.jpg

Hi Peter,that's the spirit! The 3.2 is known as the "bulletproof" Porsche, so your mileage is not a worry, when there is good servicing.And my opinion is that the "good old girls" are a lot less hassle and expensive than the newer versions. If you haven't already done so, look through the Porsche Club Victoria site, as there is a lot of Porsche activity in the next few months.

Cheers

Paul M.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. My name is Mike and I am about to take possession of a 1987 911 Carrera S Cabriolet imported from the UK. It has done a bout 78,000 miles and by all reports in excellent condition and includes FSH and all records.

I was enticed into the Porsche market by my brother who has been in the UK for about 4 years as a MD of a large manufacturing company. He has bought about 5 Porsches as well as a BMW, Merc, Jag. Can't help himself.

I am about to go thru the process of registering it in NSW. Any advice would be welcome.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm jack, Just turned 22, I have a love for 911's, 964's are my top pic.

Just enjoying reading and learning more, I have spent years working on Japanese car's, I still own one but it's very settled.

Built a few cars but not really that interesting compared to what's on here, but knowledge grows none the less.

Will probably opt for a 3.2 964 when the times right, but I doubt that will happen this year as things are going. (But i have already started collecting a few bits and pieces for it :)

Great to be on here!

Cheers.

Hi Jack and welcome. If you go for a 964 it will be a 3.6 litre. Lot's to choose from in the 3.2 and 3.6 ranges, so do lots of reading. Don't pass up the earlier cars either, they are fast becoming the collector's cars, second to the 356s.

Cheers

Paul M

I can appreciate a 356, but really not my thing. I'm going to aim for a 964 to just become a weekend thing.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Jack,

Welcome aboard.

Ownership is a journey, and so is is the research / buying process.

Here is a nice 964 that has recently come on in the market in Sydney,

maritim blue 964 for sale

• 2 months later...

Hello to you all, have a 99 carrera which I bought about 12 months ago.( I wil attempt to attach some pics..) Been in love with Porsches from the time I layed eyes on my scalextric martini racing version when I was about 5 ! We're a bit short on corners over here in Perth, but have done a couple of driver training days with the hope to do many more. Enjoy doing basic maintenance and pottering about, with a great amount of help from the various forums.

Gareth.post-207-130724633551_thumb.jpgpost-207-13072463521_thumb.jpgpost-207-130724637133_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in my life my Daily Driver is no longer a Holden.

I have had a Holden as a daily driver since 1983. Now after taking ownership of my 89 Australian delivered Wide Body 911 Carrera (one of 16) I am as happy as a dog with two dic*ks. With 71K on the odometer and all original I cant get the grin off my face. Took her for a short drive today and felt like a big kid with a new toy. when I can figure it out I will post some pics.

Cant wait to get up tomorrow to gaze at her in the driveway. I think I am in love........

ROB

G'day folks,

The name is Rhett,

I'm in Central Vic, I don't own a porsche. But I'm heavily involved in it's siblings (aircooled VW's)

I'm mates with JNR356, we're admin of a Melbourne based VW forum.

Anyhow, I'm realy looking forward to checking out th rest of this Forum and who know's in the future I may be swayed into a Porsche ;)

I have had a Holden as a daily driver since 1983. Now after taking ownership of my 89 Australian delivered Wide Body 911 Carrera (one of 16) I am as happy as a dog with two dic*ks. With 71K on the odometer and all original I cant get the grin off my face. Took her for a short drive today and felt like a big kid with a new toy. when I can figure it out I will post some pics.

Cant wait to get up tomorrow to gaze at her in the driveway. I think I am in love........

ROB

Hi Rob,

Welcome to P-Car ownership.

The Carrera 3.2 is a great solid car.

Could be time for an update to your profile :P;)

G'day folks,

The name is Rhett,

I'm in Central Vic, I don't own a porsche. But I'm heavily involved in it's siblings (aircooled VW's)

I'm mates with JNR356, we're admin of a Melbourne based VW forum.

Anyhow, I'm realy looking forward to checking out th rest of this Forum and who know's in the future I may be swayed into a Porsche ;)

Hi Rhett,

Welcome to the forum. We haven't been going too long, but we are starting to build up a bit of momentum. So far we have not had to many admin issues to deal with but as we grow we have also started to attract a bit of unwanted attention. We might have to draw on some of your admin experience one day.

BTW great profile name :lol:

Hi Rob,

Welcome to P-Car ownership.

The Carrera 3.2 is a great solid car.

Could be time for an update to your profile :P;)

Thanks Doug, I appreciate your comments. As soon as I figure out how to upload photos the avatar is gone and my new baby will take its rightful place.

Cheers

ROB