INTRODUCTION THREAD

Hi All.

Airhead by name and nature.

Actually it’s Barry. Been fiddling with VWs since early 70’s. First Porsche was a 70 2.2 911E in 1980? I Think.

My wife and I currently have 5 Porsches and a half breed – oh & some VWs . Racing some British stuff as well.

Never enough time to do it all.

Hi All

As you may have guessed by screen name, I'm James.

Long time admirer of sports cars in general, and Porsches in particular.

I've recently set up the Parts Division at Autohaus Hamilton in Dee Why, hence my interest in this site.

(Mods, if that's seen as against-the-rules advertising, please edit as appropriate.)

James

Welcome to the forum James. I always keep an eye on the Autohaus web site as there is always some nice cars to contemplate. Good luck with the parts division and I am sure some of the guys will find that useful.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks very much Chris - for the wishes and the compliment on the contemplations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm Howie, from Sydney.

Very apt to be post the 997th reply on this thread! I own a 997 series II 911; my first Porsche.

It was quite a whirlwind journey how I came to be in a seat of one as I never really planned for it until I took one for a test drive... I had made the mistake (not in hindsight, mind you) of test driving a 997.2 before a 987.2 then a M3 and a C63 AMG.

Hope I enjoy my stay here and can contribute some knowledge. I have a background in Engineering, including the Automotive industry.

Cheers,

Howie

Hi everyone,

I'm Howie, from Sydney.

Very apt to be post the 997th reply on this thread! I own a 997 series II 911; my first Porsche.

It was quite a whirlwind journey how I came to be in a seat of one as I never really planned for it until I took one for a test drive... I had made the mistake (not in hindsight, mind you) of test driving a 997.2 before a 987.2 then a M3 and a C63 AMG.

Hope I enjoy my stay here and can contribute some knowledge. I have a background in Engineering, including the Automotive industry.

Cheers,

Howie

Hi Howie,

Welcome aboard.

It would have been fun test driving those cars.

Hi everyone

Justin from Brisbane here.

I'm 25 years young and looking to join the Porsche ranks in the not too distant future. I've owned a number of japanese sports cars over the years but from my 18th birthday I haven't been able to shake a desire to own a 944 Turbo. Sitting on the Rennlist and Pelican Parts Forum and seeing all the stunning 951's being built up hasn't helped my desire. My current Nissan Silvia is probably screaming at the thought of being replaced right now. ;)

I've attended a number of Porsche Club QLD cruise days and concourse events. Great to finally stumble across an Australian Porsche Forum. I look forward to chatting all things "Porscha" with you all! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi new to the forum, found Porsche's way back in the 70's when I watched Dean Rainsford in his 911 on the Mazda House 1000 Rally which was a ARC round of the day. Stood in the plantation forest up near Karuha NSW and saw (heard) him coming up to fuel cut out in each gear through the clearing I was stood in and down the hill to a T intersection, magic stuff... oops showing my age here. Many years later did it myself at the same location in a PRC class Datsun 260Z ( ok Australian class equal to Grp A at that time) all great memories. Anyway now have finally decided on what my 911 has to be and working towards achieving my desired result, the 937 just is...live with it. Its the real thing no clone car or wreck rebuild off Ebay.