INTRODUCTION THREAD

On 21/03/2018 at 11:00 PM, LuNguyen said:

Any time you're in Adelaide you're welcome to borrow the keys

You're brave mate! ?

Welcome to the forum, and hope to catch you in the hills one day soon when all of our cars are back on the road ?

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

You're brave mate! ?

Welcome to the forum, and hope to catch you in the hills one day soon when all of our cars are back on the road ?

Haha thanks mate. Having seen @symsy's cars I'd trust him to drive mine. Will join the Porsche Club Adelaide but might wait for the next membership year to roll over first... Looks like a few events get put on during the year too.

8 hours ago, nytelfer said:

Hi Nathan - welcome to PFA and love the photos - interesting to see the new car is another Boxster and not a Cayman as per previous discussion!

David

Hi David, small world eh ;)   Yes, I'm a little surprised myself but may well change my mind when back in Aus in the middle of summer!

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been an owner of a 3.2 Carrera for about 15 years, recently (a year ago) I acquired an 07 997 S. I was wondering if there are any casual meetings arranged by the forum. I would be most interested in meeting for casual chats, particularly to discuss Porsche maintenance / repairs / enhancements and Porsche ownership in general etc. 

I my self am reasonably conversant with mechanics etc, etc, however always keen to know / learn more about Porches (air and water cooled) and naturally happy to pass on what I know. 

I much prefer to do my own repairs / maintenance, where I can, as I know it will be done properly.

I also have a soft spot for very early 70's Holden muscle cars.

I live in the North West of Sydney (Carlingford / Epping way).have Cheers

Hi All,

After ~2 years of non-stop searching, finally bought a 1978 911 SC earlier this year. The car belonged to a member of this forum QuozL and credit to him for building and maintaining a car that I instantly fell in love with. I am based in Sydney and very excited to finally own a 911! 

Look forward to connecting with all of you on all things Porsches.

blue_ixxi.jpg

On 4/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, Rachnath said:

Hi all,

I have been an owner of a 3.2 Carrera for about 15 years, recently (a year ago) I acquired an 07 997 S. I was wondering if there are any casual meetings arranged by the forum. I would be most interested in meeting for casual chats, particularly to discuss Porsche maintenance / repairs / enhancements and Porsche ownership in general etc. 

I my self am reasonably conversant with mechanics etc, etc, however always keen to know / learn more about Porches (air and water cooled) and naturally happy to pass on what I know. 

I much prefer to do my own repairs / maintenance, where I can, as I know it will be done properly.

I also have a soft spot for very early 70's Holden muscle cars.

I live in the North West of Sydney (Carlingford / Epping way).have Cheers

Maybe you could try one of the P Shops? Also do another post on here saying Bueller? Anyone out there? Down here in Melb we are pretty lucky, must be because we have the best coffee :) that the group down here are often around and up for a catch up. 

Fat with a PH @blue_ixxi welcome and congrats!

Hi all, new member here with my first P-Car (...although this has been in the planning for almost a decade now...)!

Just clocked up the first 1000km in my 2015 981 Cayman GTS, absolutely loving this car and looking forward to some serious driving now that I have satisfied my detailing OCD with paint correction, paint protection and PPF installation. 

Also hoping to meet some more Perth Porsche people soon!

B.

IMG_2737 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2734 - Copy.JPG

15 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Hi All,

After ~2 years of non-stop searching, finally bought a 1978 911 SC earlier this year. The car belonged to a member of this forum QuozL and credit to him for building and maintaining a car that I instantly fell in love with. I am based in Sydney and very excited to finally own a 911! 

blue_ixxi.jpg

Welcome Blue, that's a pearler of a car - colour. rims, stance:wub:

12 hours ago, Beau said:

Hi all, new member here with my first P-Car (...although this has been in the planning for almost a decade now...)!

Just clocked up the first 1000km in my 2015 981 Cayman GTS, absolutely loving this car and looking forward to some serious driving now that I have satisfied my detailing OCD with paint correction, paint protection and PPF installation. 

Also hoping to meet some more Perth Porsche people soon!

B.

IMG_2737 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2734 - Copy.JPG

Welcome Beau, top car and a great package, another well suited colour - almost Arena Red ;)

12 hours ago, MARTY said:

Great looking car Beau,that's a great starting point for your first P car and welcome to the forum mate

If I had that baby it would be a keeper.....But I am an old hoarder:D

21 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Hi All,

blue_ixxi.jpg

Hello and welcome. I made an enquiry about this car, but sold before I got a chance to look at it. { my loss  } Enjoy what is a great car. And welcome to Porsche ownership!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

As a child I always had a model Porsche, whether it was a 3.2 Carrera, 930 Turbo, 928 or 993 Cabriolet, along with a 356.

I have yet own a Porsche but a 911 has been a dream. I am lucky enough to own and drive my other dream car, but one day I would like to have that 911/356/912 alongside. I am joining the forum with a view of research and trying to update my own knowledge. I would like to own a 911 within the next 10 years (first have to buy a house and plan a wedding).

This is a wonderful forum and thank you for all of your knowledge and guidance.

3 minutes ago, Weissach Jr said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

As a child I always had a model Porsche, whether it was a 3.2 Carrera, 930 Turbo, 928 or 993 Cabriolet, along with a 356.

I have yet own a Porsche but a 911 has been a dream. I am lucky enough to own and drive my other dream car, but one day I would like to have that 911/356/912 alongside. I am joining the forum with a view of research and trying to update my own knowledge. I would like to own a 911 within the next 10 years (first have to buy a house and plan a wedding).

This is a wonderful forum and thank you for all of your knowledge and guidance.

@Weissach Jr welcome to the forum. We've all been in your position at some stage - admiring the marque and planning, scheming and conniving to find our way into one. It's how the love affair grows for so many of us.

There's a hell of a lot of knowledge on the forum - some of it is even accurate!

Hope you get your car soon mate!

get the cars,

don't get married unless she owns a 911 or is a P mechanic

remember you can't drive a house 

but you can sleep in your car

better post a photo of your ds

disclaimer: no financial advise was given nor intended, merely an opinion 

PS welcome

?

1 hour ago, brian in buddina said:

get the cars,

PS welcome

?

Hahahahaha. Thanks for the disclaimer and advice Brian.

Will upload a photo of the DS once I get a smaller version of it.

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

@Weissach Jr welcome to the forum. We've all been in your position at some stage - admiring the marque and planning, scheming and conniving to find our way into one. It's how the love affair grows for so many of us.

There's a hell of a lot of knowledge on the forum - some of it is even accurate!

Hope you get your car soon mate!

Thanks Andy73.

I'm glad to hear that many on the forum have been successful in getting a 911. I'm in no rush because of other priorities but my partner is worried as I have started to buy Total 911 magazines and books...

30 minutes ago, Weissach Jr said:

Thanks Andy73.

I'm glad to hear that many on the forum have been successful in getting a 911. I'm in no rush because of other priorities but my partner is worried as I have started to buy Total 911 magazines and books...

That's the perfect sleight of hand that's required in the process of gradually helping your bride to be get used to the idea. 

On 5/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, brian in buddina said:

get the cars,

PS welcome

?

I hope this photo works

33384818_1757585847621454_2620322687880265728_o.jpg