Jump to content
jnr356

INTRODUCTION THREAD

Recommended Posts

On 7/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, soarer said:

Hi Everyone. Another newbie to the forum, don't own a P car yet, but am on the lookout for one. Really interested in getting into a GTS or for the right price potentially a GT4. Thought that I would join in to ask for advice for when the purchase may happen :)

Currently driving a first Gen A45 which I have owned since 2013. Feeling excited and hoping to learn a lot.

PS: just missed out on a forum member selling his GT4 recently for a ripper price. Dammn!

 

Hi Soarer

Welcome to PFA. I used to own an A45 AMG. Fantastic hot hatch, but for me I was unable to bond with it.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

Best of luck with your pursuit of the GT4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, after much time looking I've bought a 2006 Cayman S manual. It's in immaculate condition and was a 1 owner car. It has 31,500 k's on it and has a full annual service history including a major service 1 month ago. It also has a couple of nice options including 19" wheels, Bose sound system and carbon fibre interior trim. I've taken a couple of photo's to post but they are all to big, I managed to fluke reducing one in size so hopefully it will upload.  Cheers Peter

Photo1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAYMAN's Rule.     Welcome aboard Peter, the car looks great.   Sounds like you got a good one, low k's and a major just done.

Manual?   Congratulations, hopefully (I know you will)  get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

They are sensational cars....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 12:51 PM, PeterH said:

Hi all, after much time looking I've bought a 2006 Cayman S manual. It's in immaculate condition and was a 1 owner car. It has 31,500 k's on it and has a full annual service history including a major service 1 month ago. It also has a couple of nice options including 19" wheels, Bose sound system and carbon fibre interior trim. I've taken a couple of photo's to post but they are all to big, I managed to fluke reducing one in size so hopefully it will upload.  Cheers Peter

Photo1.JPG

That can't be right! We can't BOTH have the best condition Cayman S in all of Australia :D

Looks WONDERFUL mate.

PS re pics, I use tinypic.com to upload, then I use embed code for the forum. Uploading in 800x600 is a good size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After over a 4 year absence and to make matters worse driving a Captiva whilst living in Singapore for 2.5 years have finally pulled the trigger on a lightly used 911.2 MY18 GTS in Crayon. So good to be behind the wheel of a 911 again. Have done a few track days in my heavily modified SSV Redline but just cannot get comfortable on the track. I'm sure this will solve that problem.

 

image.thumb.png.74d6e2f8661320779d12eb64a11f2131.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure haven’t heard the words crayon & porsche in the same sentence before (😁)... Congrats !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I've been looking at 911's on & off for the past 2 years. I got stuck on the, "It must be air cooled" mantra for a while, but struggled with some of the asking prices, still may go there one day, but for now have found the car that ticks all the boxes for me. I got my car about six months ago and thought I would wait for the novelty to wear off before posting, to avoid sounding too excited ! ...... Jethro comments in his video are correct. The 996 is amazing value and a very satisfying car to drive. To say that I'm happy with my car is a understatement. Looking forward to meet other P car people for drives, coffee & tyre kicking.

 

Cheers,

Joe

9964.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum @PIC 

 Your car looks fantastic! Always great to see that colour 996

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter John said:

Looks great! Did you buy it off Kane?

Thank's,

No i brought it from a dealer, it wasn't on the market long, Finding a 996, low ks, six speed, .2 in this color combo with nice options  takes a while, needles to say i moved quickly when it became available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PIC said:

Hello all, I've been looking at 911's on & off for the past 2 years. I got stuck on the, "It must be air cooled" mantra for a while, but struggled with some of the asking prices, still may go there one day, but for now have found the car that ticks all the boxes for me. I got my car about six months ago and thought I would wait for the novelty to wear off before posting, to avoid sounding too excited ! ...... Jethro comments in his video are correct. The 996 is amazing value and a very satisfying car to drive. To say that I'm happy with my car is a understatement. Looking forward to meet other P car people for drives, coffee & tyre kicking.

 

Cheers,

Joe

9964.JPG

 

6 minutes ago, PIC said:

Thank's,

No i brought it from a dealer, it wasn't on the market long, Finding a 996, low ks, six speed, .2 in this color combo with nice options  takes a while, needles to say i moved quickly when it became available.

Very, very nice! Funnily enough, I mentioned this car to @TINGY996 when we talked briefly today on a SMT! Being on a 996 hunt at the time too, I remember it coming up because I was in Melbourne that week for work. Also remember it disappearing very quickly indeed, well done! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2019 at 21:16, PIC said:

Thank's,

No i brought it from a dealer, it wasn't on the market long, Finding a 996, low ks, six speed, .2 in this color combo with nice options  takes a while, needles to say i moved quickly when it became available.

Looks like the one I missed out on. Couldn't make it after work and then telephone ping pong trying to get a hold of salesman on the Saturday while at the Alfred hospital. Sold that day. Congrats on the purchase, it did look really nice. Ticked a lot of boxes. Well done 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PDean said:

Looks like the one I missed out on. Couldn't make it after work and then telephone ping pong trying to get a hold of salesman on the Saturday while at the Alfred hospital. Sold that day. Congrats on the purchase, it did look really nice. Ticked a lot of boxes. Well done 👍

Thank's mate,

I also missed out on a couple cars prior to this one so when i saw it on the Saturday i didn't hesitate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PIC said:

Thank's mate,

I also missed out on a couple cars prior to this one so when i saw it on the Saturday i didn't hesitate.  

The best value sports car going, highly capable and best bang for buck 911 IMO, good luck with it and a great colour also. The excitement doesn't go away either and if it does it's time to move on to something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PIC congrats on the purchase. Looks like a stunning car. The air cooled thing is great and I love mine but the 996 is such a fantastic all rounder and makes for the best daily driver for the dollar. You can't go wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

 

I started a thread elsewhere before properly introducing myself.

My name is Patrick, I'm 47 and originally from the Netherlands. My goal was to own a Porsche before I turned 30 and i just missed it by 2 years... I bought a light yellow 1973 Porsche 911 2.4T in The Netherlands and decided to ship it over a few years back, when it became clear that our 2 year expatriate adventure was going to last a little bit longer. 

The car was delivered in Italy to its first owner, and is fairly original. I have fitted the timing chain modification and replaced the comfort seats with BF Torino Rallye ST seats that really brighten up the interior and do wonders for the driving enjoyment.

I drive it a lot and hard, but since it's an almost 50 year old car, I do try to keep out of the rain when possible.

I have driven it on the LeMans track (Le Mans classic 2006), on Zandvoort, Nurburgring, Eastern Creek and on the Philip Island track, so the Nurburgring badge on the back I feel is warranted. Looking forward to join you on a drive one of these days!

  

219753_160775877318807_7503956_o.jpg

230422_162532637143131_6865694_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Patrick.....Great looking car and good to hear our very own Phillip Island mentioned in the same sentence as the Nurburgring.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...