INTRODUCTION THREAD

Hi all,

Have been on the forum for a while now so its time I introduced myself. My name is Dominic and I've had an 87 Carrera since 2008, have attached a photo(hope it works). Looking forward to meeting up with some Sydney members for a drive some fine weekend.

Dominic.

Wide body...nice.

Welcome to the forum Dominic.

There's more and more Sydneysiders joining. Got a little while before you catch up to the vics though ;)

I've been here for a bit but have not done the introduction bit other than to say hi in another thread. Anyway a little over a week ago I bought a car from Tasmania at a price to good to go past. So last Tuesday I flew down and picked it up from my (Awesome) Brother and Sister in-law who have moved down there in the last year or so. The car is not one for any purist but it suits my need perfectly. I just couldn't bring myself to build a "HotRod" out of a quality stock car so I've had my eye out for something I could modify and not feel bad about.

The car is a 1977 sunroof delete coupe with a steel wide body and other goodies that I'll leave to a build thread.

Long story short I spent 3 days doing Taga stages in Taz as a shake down and get to know the car. I then drove it home over Fri/Sat/Sunday.

Almost 2,500klm later and we are still the best of Friends.

ec0472f5.jpg

Martin

Cheers Lads. Edit and Lady!

Plans for the car are to leave alone the mechanical side of things for the next few months and just try and getting it to look a bit neater. The paint on the roof and bonnet are not much chop up close so I'm thinking about a vinyl wrap in something fun like RUF BTR NATO Olive drab or Satin Black with Martini stripes. Just a fun light-hearted nod to the past.

I'll get the car on a mates workshop hoist in few days and run a spanner over everything while I change all the motor and transmission oils and filters. The 3ltr is quite new and the Webers are only a few months old so I might give it a roll on the dyno just to check the tune. But to be honest it seems quite good.

The only thing I am buying right now is a better shifter. Think its going to be a Wevo at this stage.

Long term will be better brakes and a set of cams and well we know how these things end up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Nick987

'Watercooled'! Love the selection. Like a fine set of antique shotguns or single malts...one for every mood.

Especially love the CS. One fine machine there with some very desirable options. Great to have you aboard.

Hi all,

I hadnt realised there was an Oz based P-Car forum till the other night!. It was great to come across it. Currently Porscheless till January, when my German mistress will be delivering me my new 991 C2S Cab baby Haven been a Porsche fanatic since primary school and finally had the opportunity to buy my first car at Christmas '98, a 993 Cab Arctic Silver with black leather interior. Upgraded to a 996 in '01 Christmas and sold it in '06 due to our first child arriving (drove the car 950kms that year - what a waste).

Its exciting waiting for the new baby and my girls are madly in love with the cab experience. They dont know about it yet as they would bust them asking when it is arriving.......

Anyway thought I would say hello and look forward to reading plenty on this site....... Love some of the older cars - I still love a good 964 / 993.

Regards

Arthur

Welcome Arthur, good story, and the new arrival will also be eagerly awaited by the forum. Any photos yet, to whet our appetites?

Hopefully we will see you on one of our little get togethers or an SMT (Sunday morning targa) once your new addition arrives.

Niko I will dig up some of my 996 photos and post them. I had the mod bug in its second year of ownership. Nothing drastic, PSS9 lowering kit, side rocker covers and probably the first 996 sports exhaust in the country thanks to suncoast porsche in the US. The day I sold it was the worst and best day of my life. The worst because it meant that the 911 was going and the best because our little girl was with us and needed a family car now :). The 993 predates us owning a digital camera. Both my wife and I were purist photography hobbyists that rejected digital cameras (how stupid were we :) ). I still have fond memories of the 993 as we used it as our bridal car on our wedding day. Apart from that it was my first true (mechanical) love........

Great stuff, look forward to the shots, the 996 sounds nice...hopefully went to a good home.

Haha I can relate to the painful experience of 35mm film to digital. I felt the same, and in my old workplace I hung onto the film camera until it was virtually taken off me and swapped for that scary digital camera. The young blokes I worked with kept telling me I was a silly old d.h for not getting with the digital. Why I hung out for so long now amazes me.

Nice bridal car, beats the yank tanks and old English stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

desismileys_4421.gif

Brian that is a nice 930......, welcome to the forum, yours would also benefit from that addition on the rear spoiler like the green GT3 you posted in the BUTT section.

I think your a bit harsh with the wheels, look good to me....

See you have been a member since March, but good to see you saying hello.

Be nice to hear the story of how you and your P found each other.

There is an active bunch of lads in the harbour city doing the odd drive now and we also have a trip to ACT coming up in Feb.

if you have a look under the Favourite drives SMT's (Sunday Morning Targa) separate thread for the ACT run if your interested.

Nice Avatar by the way.

someporschenextdoor085_zps68c7a2c5.jpg

Hello Again,

have been having trouble loading pics so my description and intro became very short. Sorry. The C2 wheels look ok, but they not the look that I want.

This is a picture of the car with the wheels that the previous owner took off and sold.

I have pictures of this car over the years as it was being sold with these wheels. Once in Victoria and again in South Australia. The car has had 13 owners and been involved in two legal actions in its life and if it wasnt for the last one, I might not have the car at all. I think it has had a hard life at one stage so it does need some TLC. The last owner removing the air con which I have in boxes. fair enough if it didnt work and it was his car.

It is not a concourse car, which allows some flexibility with some modifications that I have in mind. I am not a fan of the sunroof either, although it is nice to open on hot nights, but thats the only benefit I can see. It has larger brakes, strut brace and probably a lot of other tweaks that I havent found yet. I have fitted a wevo short shift kit (easy job for all those considering the short shift) and coupler (the original with new bushes would have been cheaper) which has improved gear selection and reduced travel. No more accidental reverse.

Thanks again for the welcome

Brian