INTRODUCTION THREAD

10 hours ago, Gnrnr said:

Nice car there Box987.  I'm new here myself with a 987 Cayman.  Depending on your service history if it is blowing any white smoke I'd get the Air Oil Separator replaced.  They are excellent cars (mine is my daily, I think I've done about 5,000km in the nearly 4 months I've had it)

Thank you. More jealous of your Cayman as that is beautiful and was out of my reach.

I did once see smoke on a cold start in the morning when i had the car parked in the driveway which has a slight gradient. It was only for a bout 2 seconds and the only time I've seen it. Not sure if that is normal of a Boxster engine or is a concern. Out of curiosity how much would the Air Oil Separator replacement be?

3 minutes ago, Box987 said:

Thank you. More jealous of your Cayman as that is beautiful and was out of my reach.

I did once see smoke on a cold start in the morning when i had the car parked in the driveway which has a slight gradient. It was only for a bout 2 seconds and the only time I've seen it. Not sure if that is normal of a Boxster engine or is a concern. Out of curiosity how much would the Air Oil Separator replacement be?

99% of the time a bit of smoke on start ups is not a problem.   the AOS will normally really attract your attention.   Heaps of smoke and for a short period of time.   Also intermittent.  Price...... if you have it done by an independent probably around the $300 mark.    Someone posted up the other day they had one done and were charged $5 or $600 dollars from memory which was way out of the ball park.    I can't remember exactly  how much they paid but it was way too much.   Next service maybe get a quote if you are concerned about it.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm Greg, and currently Porsche-less, and hoping to fix this problem next year. I'm looking at the 987 twins and 996 911s as a weekend / driving holiday car and hoping to line up at least one targa tour before too long.

Is there a thread or forum already for potentially renting a willing member's car? I'm located in Mackay and there's an absolute drought of anything interesting up here, so its difficult to find which one would suit me better.

Hi all, 

long time lurker on this forum (it's great by the way). I'm in south oz and drive the hills often.

Lucky enough to have a 2005 997 Carrera S, Man, coupe in Seal Grey. Will post pics. Tech newby, hope they come through.

Got a fair bit of time on my hands at the moment so i thought now's the time to say hello.

Cheers Steve. 

IMG_0333.thumb.JPG.fc00bff258b3fe2bb56bb14b45c58e09.JPGIMG_0335.thumb.JPG.2ed6867ac82678a82a1d01880c3cfe3f.JPGIMG_0334.thumb.JPG.9abddef732638dc56f652d54006f026d.JPG

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

@sjm Reckon I've seen your car coupla times in the hills mate.

Welcome to the forum 👍

Thanks Lee, yeah any chance i can, go to Blackwood and unley c&c here and there.

13 hours ago, tomo said:

Cheers Steve , Good lookin car, Welcome to the forum

Thanks tomo, life's pretty good when we can own and drive these cars.

1 hour ago, sjm said:

Thanks Lee, yeah any chance i can, go to Blackwood and unley c&c here and there.

We very rarely go to C n C now, especially Blackwood, as you need to get there by 3am just to get a park 😁 We might be heading to Lobethal tomorrow via Basket Range. We're near Marion area. Keep ya posted

Just now, LeeM said:

We very rarely go to C n C now, especially Blackwood, as you need to get there by 3am just to get a park 😁 We might be heading to Lobethal tomorrow via Basket Range. We're near Marion area. Keep ya posted

I'm up for that if it goes ahead. I hear ya bout Blackwood, it's v popular. lucky i'm an early riser.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Another Adelaide'n joins PFA...😀

Long time one and only owner of my Speed Yellow 996 C2. Thought I'd join PFA - Have been a long time member of Loren's well resourced USA based RennTech forum for many years.

Only stumbled on PFA forums a few months back and decided to join today after a quick run through the hills this glorious morning.

DSC00031a.JPG

12 minutes ago, Costas said:

Hi all,

Long time one and only owner of my Speed Yellow 996 C2. Thought I'd join PFA - Have been a long time member of Loren's well resourced USA based RennTech forum for many years.

Only stumbled on PFA forums a few months back and decided to join today after a quick run through the hills this glorious morning.

DSC00031a.JPG

Looks sweet in yellow welcome to the group 

28 minutes ago, Costas said:

Hi all,

DSC00031a.JPG

Good  looking car welcome the forum

Thanks for the welcome all...!

On 20/12/2020 at 18:26, Rob H said:

Montacute, Lobethal etc, etc.

Plenty of old motorbikes out and about.

I'm a biker from way back and the Adelaide hill runs were always fun on a sports bike - Just a lot more comfy in the 911 these days...😁

• 3 weeks later...

The bright lights & colourful cars at John Newell Porsche, Darlinghurst, set a dream of one day owning a Porsche. 
45 years later I have a UK delivered  1986 930 turbo sitting in my driveway. I’m very grateful for the wealth of information that exists on on this site.

B017E664-CF97-4203-BD20-37F44A6B482E.jpeg

Morning.

Whilst I became a member of this site a couple of years ago when I started my search for my ideal Porsche, I've actually never really done one of these intro things. I'm based in Sydney and purchased my 84 Carrera from a really nice Porsche enthusiast in WA mid 2019. A holding deposit was paid, and I had Ktec do a PPI which included both a Leak down and Compression Test. The results came back near perfect. The wife booked my flight and accommodation, and it was just a great purchasing experience overall. I've yet to meet any local enthusiasts or join any drive days, but look forward to tagging along something this year. At the moment I'm just enjoying the odd early Sunday morning drive with my young girls (if they can get out of bed). The car is all numbers matching, Aussie del, and with "only" 185,000kms. Image below taken last Sunday after sitting for about a month. No regrets at all. She's definitely a keeper. I love the unusual colour and sleek retro look without the rear wing.

SUNDAY.thumb.PNG.b7a3b9f24eae269b0d171076e8c5b2c6.PNG

On 20/12/2020 at 17:40, Costas said:

Hi all,

DSC00031a.JPG

Check it out @Jason E ;)

Beautiful colour @Nikos ... cant agree with you about the wing though .. :Chuckle2:

I sold my air-cooled SC a few months ago after a 6 year love affair .. do miss it but now have a new love in the form of a water-cooled beauty.

I’m on the Central Coast and often go for drives with a few of the boys from Sydney / Newcastle .. feel free to hit me up if you are ever up this way. Always happy to meet fellow owners and enthusiasts ...