INTRODUCTION THREAD

58 minutes ago, Nikos said:

Morning.

Whilst I became a member of this site a couple of years ago when I started my search for my ideal Porsche, I've actually never really done one of these intro things. I'm based in Sydney and purchased my 84 Carrera from a really nice Porsche enthusiast in WA mid 2019. A holding deposit was paid, and I had Ktec do a PPI which included both a Leak down and Compression Test. The results came back near perfect. The wife booked my flight and accommodation, and it was just a great purchasing experience overall. I've yet to meet any local enthusiasts or join any drive days, but look forward to tagging along something this year. At the moment I'm just enjoying the odd early Sunday morning drive with my young girls (if they can get out of bed). The car is all numbers matching, Aussie del, and with "only" 185,000kms. Image below taken last Sunday after sitting for about a month. No regrets at all. She's definitely a keeper. I love the unusual colour and sleek retro look without the rear wing.

SUNDAY.thumb.PNG.b7a3b9f24eae269b0d171076e8c5b2c6.PNG

Welcome to the group and Porsche ownership, what a beauty!! 

Where are you based, will have to keep an eye out for you on the roads! 

Appreciate the compliments gents.

Thanks Dreamr. Think I saw your C4S at AH when I had my car in for it's first service. Who doesn't love the arse on a C4S. I'll keep an eye out for drives and see if I'm free to come along.

Cheers Niko. Almost as shiny as the BBC hey? I'm tempted to look into ceramic coating, but I've heard it's of no real benefit to polish and wax thereafter, and I actually enjoy the process. I give her a quick wipe down after each drive with some quick detailer before throwing the car cover over. I've only ever actually washed her once with a bucket and hose, just after taking delivery from the CEVA depot. Not a fan of mixing water with older cars.

Thanks Bru, I'm based near the Inner West.

If I do get a chance to take her out it's generally on a Sunday morning. I'll drive out for a coffee at Double Bay nice and early. Otherwise if one of the girls is having a sleep over at a friends, I take advantage of it and take the wife and my other two daughters out mid week for dinner.

On 29/10/2020 at 22:40, Gnrnr said:

Nice car there Box987.  I'm new here myself with a 987 Cayman.  Depending on your service history if it is blowing any white smoke I'd get the Air Oil Separator replaced.  They are excellent cars (mine is my daily, I think I've done about 5,000km in the nearly 4 months I've had it)

I must be loving my 718 Cayman S done just over 2000km this year and it's only been 2 weeks - and only on weekends ! 🙃

45 minutes ago, Nikos said:

Cheers Niko. Almost as shiny as the BBC hey? I'm tempted to look into ceramic coating, but I've heard it's of no real benefit to polish and wax thereafter, and I actually enjoy the process. I give her a quick wipe down after each drive with some quick detailer before throwing the car cover over. I've only ever actually washed her once with a bucket and hose, just after taking delivery from the CEVA depot. Not a fan of mixing water with older cars.

Mate, that does look good....Re the.....Ceramic coating is as you say, it does do away with the regular polishing and waxing etc.  

I had mine done back in December.

The front of the BBC has an "Invisible car Bra" so I only had from the doors back done, including roof.      

Main advantages are protection from Bird shit and other pollutants etc.  

When washing it now, it is virtually a no touching job.    

Just hit it with the K'archer and so far I have done a couple of snow foam jobs on it.  Then clear water spray again with the K'archer to clean the snow foam off.   

The water just beads straight off....Comes up great.... I still however, use microfibre to finish off the drying process.   Although I think you could get away without doing that.

It is suggested the surface should be re charged a little every 6 months or so and the brand I had applied (CRYSTAL SERUM ULTRA from WWW.GTECHNIQ.COM.AU) brings out a spray on spray off recharge product.

It also comes with a 9 year warranty.   

However, I am going to give the BOWDENS BEAD MACHINE when I give mine a recharge.   It can be used on Ceramic coatings and will also give a deep lustre finish.

But I have to say I will miss giving it the waxing and quick detailer/protective sealing etc.    

We ended up at a place called Noojee for lunch a few weeks ago after a run.  When I came back to the car it was covered in small sticky spots all over the bodywork.

No idea what it was.   Anyway, next morning I gave it a  Snowjob and it came up perfectly.    So at this stage I am pretty happy with that.

Good luck with it whichever way you go. 

4 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Check it out @Jason E ;)

Lovely, I pick up mine on Sunday.  It takes a REAL man to drive a Speed Yellow 911 (so I'm told).

Screenshot_20210114-064542_Carsales.jpg

On 20/12/2020 at 16:40, Costas said:

Hi all,

Another Adelaide'n joins PFA...😀

Long time one and only owner of my Speed Yellow 996 C2. Thought I'd join PFA - Have been a long time member of Loren's well resourced USA based RennTech forum for many years.

Only stumbled on PFA forums a few months back and decided to join today after a quick run through the hills this glorious morning.

DSC00031a.JPG

We'll need to chat Costas.  I've just purchased a similar car.  Lots of questions.  Welcome.

4 hours ago, Jason E said:

Lovely, I pick up mine on Sunday.  It takes a REAL man to drive a Speed Yellow 911 (so I'm told).

Screenshot_20210114-064542_Carsales.jpg

And yet .. you bought one! ... seems like any kind of man can drive one ..

That is friggen hot, dude! .. I would buy a yellow one in a heartbeat.

Congrats and many happy days driving ... 😃😃

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

And yet .. you bought one! ... seems like any kind of man can drive one ..

That is friggen hot, dude! .. I would buy a yellow one in a heartbeat.

Congrats and many happy days driving ... 😃😃

Cheers.  Funnily enough I initially scrolled past as soon as I saw the yellow...........then I looked back,.......... looked again, said, "No Way", then looked again.......... & then I said, "you know what?  that color is much like me.  Initially off-putting but on reflection, endearing, alluring, mysterious & dare I say sensual".    

11 hours ago, Nikos said:

Morning.

Whilst I became a member of this site a couple of years ago when I started my search for my ideal Porsche, I've actually never really done one of these intro things. I'm based in Sydney and purchased my 84 Carrera from a really nice Porsche enthusiast in WA mid 2019. A holding deposit was paid, and I had Ktec do a PPI which included both a Leak down and Compression Test. The results came back near perfect. The wife booked my flight and accommodation, and it was just a great purchasing experience overall. I've yet to meet any local enthusiasts or join any drive days, but look forward to tagging along something this year. At the moment I'm just enjoying the odd early Sunday morning drive with my young girls (if they can get out of bed). The car is all numbers matching, Aussie del, and with "only" 185,000kms. Image below taken last Sunday after sitting for about a month. No regrets at all. She's definitely a keeper. I love the unusual colour and sleek retro look without the rear wing.

SUNDAY.thumb.PNG.b7a3b9f24eae269b0d171076e8c5b2c6.PNG

There is nothing about this car that is wrong for me.  It is just about everything I lust after in an air cooled 911.  This car could literally puy a horn on a jellyfish. 

3 hours ago, Stepo said:

I’m glad you came to your scenes Jason, nothing like the 911, looking forward to pics and summary.

Thanks Step, Here's a few carsales photos.  Let's call them the "before" shots.  I'm looking forward to some heavy duty detailing over the next month or so.

Screenshot_20210115-154708_Carsales.jpg

996.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Well a quick morning flight to Sydney and drive home in my new (to me) 996 C4S.

I've coveted this model ever since seeing a new one in the showrooms 18 years ago when I was tooling around in my old 911t... Finally got to own one today.  Big thanks to a few on here that took the time to give me a run-down on the model and "adjust down" my expectations of what I'd end up with if I didn't "adjust up" my budget - and in the end one person even agreed to sell me their own C4S.  @disco I honestly couldn't have asked for a better owner-seller to deal with, who even sent me off with full tank and some cold water for my 5 hour drive home :D

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

On 17/01/2021 at 20:30, Fishcop said:

I've coveted this model ever since seeing a new one in the showrooms 18 years ago when I was tooling around in my old 911t... Finally got to own one today.  Big thanks to a few on here that took the time to give me a run-down on the model and "adjust down" my expectations of what I'd end up with if I didn't "adjust up" my budget - and in the end one person even agreed to sell me their own C4S.  @disco I honestly couldn't have asked for a better owner-seller to deal with, who even sent me off with full tank and some cold water for my 5 hour drive home :D

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

Congratulations again Mr Magnus Walker!😁

I will miss it but it’s gone to a great owner/home.

Enjoy C4S ownership mate, they are a wonderful car, truly.

Cheers,

Dave.

Mr @Fishcop ...

Firstly .. congrats on the purchase! I’ve seen it many times on the screen but to see it in person today was something special. You got a good one mate. Congrats!

Secondly ... don’t think it escaped my attention how you have it parked in the garage .. 🤣

37 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Mr @Fishcop ...

Firstly .. congrats on the purchase! I’ve seen it many times on the screen but to see it in person today was something special. You got a good one mate. Congrats!

Secondly ... don’t think it escaped my attention how you have it parked in the garage .. 🤣

That was just for you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2021 at 20:30, Fishcop said:

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

Congrats John , you will love it , I was devastated when I sold the 911T (SIR70T) but found joy in my 2001 C4 - they are a great car - hope to see you soon

Shane

2 hours ago, 01CFOR said:

Congrats John , you will love it , I was devastated when I sold the 911T (SIR70T) but found joy in my 2001 C4 - they are a great car - hope to see you soon

Shane

Hey Shane!  Your 70 was a cracker!  I miss my old car at times - but these newer cars are just so much more usable...