INTRODUCTION THREAD

Hello ladies and gents,

I've been reading on here a while and learning from all the knowledgeable members here, as I research for my current and upcoming projects:

First is my driver 1988 Carrera 3.2 with 210k kms on it, fairly stock and runs well, with a few upgrades (Bilstein suspension, EZ electric power steering, 930 tie rods, DP muffler, etc)

And the big project is a 1977 911S that I am going to build up with a 3.6, G50, long hood and Turbo or RSR width body, after I finish the FFR Cobra replica in the background.

Cheers from Vienna, Austria!
Lukas

48666505817_f0eb18d8d2_b.jpgIMG_5090 by Lukas M, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

Although I am not lucky enough to live in Oz, I have spent the last 5 years on the Gold Coast during your summers. Talk about paradise!

I am hoping to get to one of your cars and coffee or show 'n shines in the area as long as it is close by since I do not have a vehicle while there. By the way, your transit system is tops! I did manage to get to the Porsche Centre Gold Coast dealer, picked up some accessories for my Porsche friends back home and they were nice enough to give me a couple of Queensland Porsche Club magazines.

Anyway lets get down to Porsches. I have been a Porsche fan since Sunoco was raffling a 911 off on their TV ads. That was back in the late 60s or early 1970s. Back then and into most of my working life, a 911 was a dream. Now I own two. My first in 2009, thanks to an unfortunate incident when I was hit by a kid yapping on his cell phone while I was stopped in traffic on my annual motorcycle tour of the Alps. That snapped my lower leg ninety-degrees. Well life can be short, so I bought my dream car, a 911. I didn't really know which one at the time, but I did luck into a mint and low mileage 993. 

Then in 2018, I came across a 2015 911 Carrera 4 GTS with a...get this...157 km on it. The original owner just took it in for an oil change. I ran my Durametric on it; no over-revs in any of the six ranges. I then ran my Defelsko paint thickness gauge over the body; no repaints. I sort of expected that at 157 km or 98 miles.

I do all my own maintenance on cars, motorcycles and aircraft (when I was a flight instructor). I am into Porsche history and have visited their museums in Stuttgart (D), Gmünd in Kärnten (A) and Mattsee (A) as well as the Porsche family summer residence in Zell am See (A) where most of the family lies.

1995 Porsche 911 (993).JPG

Porsche 993 Underside - Engine.JPG

2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS (991.1).JPG

On 06/02/2021 at 12:18, LukasM said:

Hello ladies and gents,

And the big project is a 1977 911S that I am going to build up with a 3.6, G50, long hood and Turbo or RSR width body, after I finish the FFR Cobra replica in the background.

Cheers from Vienna, Austria!
Lukas

48666505817_f0eb18d8d2_b.jpgIMG_5090 by Lukas M, on Flickr

You will like this video...
You Can Only Think About One Thing - Jack Olsen's 1972 Porsche 911

By the way, nothing like a garage with an "attached" house. ☺️

And you might be familiar with this pic. My BMW R1150 GS Adventure is parked under the "Alpengasthof" on the wall.

KalteKuchl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Bandyboy33 said:

Hey y'all,

I'm Dimitri from rural WA. I'm a new member to this porsche forum and very happy owner of my very first porsche Gt3. I took the plunge or should I say dive a bought this amazing 997.2 Clubsport.

Got a few questions and queries first of all any Perth Porsche groups? Drive days, track days etc etc. And how do I go about getting this bad boy on a track?

🤙Screenshot_20210520-195734_Gallery.thumb.jpg.643a806990a2978611f6a3a6f0700c23.jpg

Re track days, Porsche club WA do a few track days.  I might head to cars and coffee this week at University of WA car  park.  You might luck out there as well as  you probably wont be on your lonesome in terms of a  gt3  badge to get some leads.   Last time I headed down there,   got chatting to this older fellow after we were both admiring a super clean red 993 turbo being parked by a young fellow in his twenties.  Been burnt before and learnt early in my younger years to never judge a book by its cover.  Great bloke, but never would of picked it, but after about 30 mins of chatting as we did a lap of the half the  carpark,  he shows me his car. Didn't lead on at all during our chat,   but when we get  to his car, its shiny, relatively new,  red and one of the most expensive cars  in the  carpark ( 812 superfast and he spent more on optional track focused extras that cost about a 1/3 of perths average house price).    Local ferrari dealer was a bit suprised with how many k's he had put on the car  and  services compared to other customers.  He said 95% of the k's on the car are track k's. Classic line from him to  was I  brought it to f'n  drive it as it was designed for and not just have it sit in the garage.  He regularly books out Barbagello with a few mates during the week.  

3 hours ago, Oggie said:

Hey Dimitri,

The Porsche Club of WA's next track day is the 20th June. You can find the minimum requirements on the website: http://www.porscheclubwa.org.au/PorscheClubs/pc_westernaustralia/pc_main.nsf/web/77D79A054C26DE2FC1257D9600152152
We'd love to see you there!

Hey Oggie

Cheers for that, found this very helpful! Don't know about the next one but definitely try and make a few this year. I'll send you a message when I get my shit sorted! Just watched the introductory video on the website can't wait!!!!

On 20/05/2021 at 20:58, smit2100 said:

Re track days, Porsche club WA do a few track days.  I might head to cars and coffee this week at University of WA car  park.  You might luck out there as well as  you probably wont be on your lonesome in terms of a  gt3  badge to get some leads.   Last time I headed down there,   got chatting to this older fellow after we were both admiring a super clean red 993 turbo being parked by a young fellow in his twenties.  Been burnt before and learnt early in my younger years to never judge a book by its cover.  Great bloke, but never would of picked it, but after about 30 mins of chatting as we did a lap of the half the  carpark,  he shows me his car. Didn't lead on at all during our chat,   but when we get  to his car, its shiny, relatively new,  red and one of the most expensive cars  in the  carpark ( 812 superfast and he spent more on optional track focused extras that cost about a 1/3 of perths average house price).    Local ferrari dealer was a bit suprised with how many k's he had put on the car  and  services compared to other customers.  He said 95% of the k's on the car are track k's. Classic line from him to  was I  brought it to f'n  drive it as it was designed for and not just have it sit in the garage.  He regularly books out Barbagello with a few mates during the week.  

Hey cheers for that, oh mate would love to hear a 812 around a track! 🤯

When I finally get things sorted and head up 2 perth I'll sing ya a message ! 🤙

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Leon here from Bendigo Victoria, I've been on PFA for a while, love the content and have enjoyed a few chats with members but haven't introduced myself yet.

I've worked for Toyota dealerships for over 20 years and currently have a GR Yaris (this is for sale 😉) but I've been an absolute Porsche nut for about as long & have owned 3 P cars, an 84 3.2 Carrera, an 81 930 & an 08 Cayman S manual 😊

I sold the Cayman recently and I'm now on the daily 🤥 hourly hunt to find my next Porsche which I plan on keeping for a very long time as I regret not keeping the others for long due to changing circumstances especially the 930 😢

My heart is set on a Cayman R but as only 19 were delivered to Australia I'd also be interested in a 987.2 Cayman S manual.

If anyone knows of someone that may consider selling one of these cars I'd love to hear from you.

1125016557_ScreenShot2021-06-12at1_22_10pm.thumb.png.ebbbb9c953d58fd90c70fece44246849.pngCheers,

Yeatesy

Hello and a quick introduction.  Looking forward to joining this community. I am a long term Porsche fiend. Whether the cars,  rennsports, museums, tours, ice driving, track days, cars and coffee  - love them all.

I am fortunate to have have been or be a custodian of a 968CS - Porsche Club Drivers champ winner, 996 GT2 - concourse winner, 997 GT3 CS (current), 993 C2S (current favourite!) plus others in current garage from Porsches neighbours. Not averse to a bit of bling and stripes either! @mark2559 @DJM

25DA1B8E-3B7F-4ACD-A37D-6748486D076A.jpeg

97973111-A35D-42BC-8BF3-3D11995A2E81.jpeg

8AD1FF36-8BC4-4635-9EEE-01896309A656.jpeg

9E47582B-046A-4801-818E-E194A82144A0.jpeg

C299A0FB-C3BA-4776-8BA8-278864356280.jpeg

7DEB6971-5CCA-4342-8257-725826409B33.jpeg

8 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Hello and a quick introduction.  Looking forward to joining this community. I am a long term Porsche fiend. Whether the cars,  rennsports, museums, tours, ice driving, track days, cars and coffee  - love them all.

I am fortunate to have have been or be a custodian of a 968CS - Porsche Club Drivers champ winner, 996 GT2 - concourse winner, 997 GT3 CS (current), 993 C2S (current favourite!) plus others in current garage from Porsches neighbours. Not averse to a bit of bling and stripes either! @mark2559 @DJM

25DA1B8E-3B7F-4ACD-A37D-6748486D076A.jpeg

97973111-A35D-42BC-8BF3-3D11995A2E81.jpeg

8AD1FF36-8BC4-4635-9EEE-01896309A656.jpeg

9E47582B-046A-4801-818E-E194A82144A0.jpeg

C299A0FB-C3BA-4776-8BA8-278864356280.jpeg

7DEB6971-5CCA-4342-8257-725826409B33.jpeg

What took you so long Mark?  That 996 GT2 looks very familiar............i still remember driving from Melbourne to Sydney with a mate, trailer in tow and seeing you roll into Eastern Creek in that immaculate beast and loading it up and taking it home. I remember unloading and driving it locally for the first time.....what an experience that was.  Now owned by the family of @spiller another PFA regular.  

Your attention to detail never ceases to impress.  The 997 on BBS rims is mint.  And 3.9 i believe?   I reckon you'd get along well with @hugh you guys share this obsession with tasteful mods and impeccable presentation of your cars.  Welcome!

On 19/06/2021 at 19:56, DJM said:

What took you so long Mark?  That 996 GT2 looks very familiar............i still remember driving from Melbourne to Sydney with a mate, trailer in tow and seeing you roll into Eastern Creek in that immaculate beast and loading it up and taking it home. I remember unloading and driving it locally for the first time.....what an experience that was.  Now owned by the family of @spiller another PFA regular.  

Your attention to detail never ceases to impress.  The 997 on BBS rims is mint.  And 3.9 i believe?   I reckon you'd get along well with @hugh you guys share this obsession with tasteful mods and impeccable presentation of your cars.  Welcome!

Thanks mate. Just a slow adopter of keyboard car stuff I guess!  
Ahhh that gt2. What a beautiful beast of a car that one was.  Loved the looks, handling and go - if only it sounded really good to match it would still be in my garage.  I still remember it lighting up the 315 rears (w camber), in a straight line, in the dry.  I think it was the top of third gear.  I looked down and was pulling 140+…..geez. 
Absolutely loving this 993 C2S - what a cool real world drive.  Fast enough (low 5 s car) and extremely  enjoyable.  Recently did a 4700km road trip with my wife and both loved it - it didn’t miss a beat either .  Not a track thing of course.  Did have one fun long slide in the wet though…..half way through I thought I’d better let her know it’s ok so said ‘it’s ok babe - I’ve got this’. Response = ‘you f_cking better!” Good fun.  

@DJM have to admit the 991.2 touring GT3 caught my eye recently as a good thing too.  

13 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Thanks mate. Just a slow adopter of keyboard car stuff I guess!  
Ahhh that gt2. What a beautiful beast of a car that one was.  Loved the looks, handling and go - if only it sounded really good to match it would still be in my garage.  I still remember it lighting up the 315 rears (w camber), in a straight line, in the dry.  I think it was the top of third gear.  I looked down and was pulling 140+…..geez. 
Absolutely loving this 993 C2S - what a cool real world drive.  Fast enough (low 5 s car) and extremely  enjoyable.  Recently did a 4700km road trip with my wife and both loved it - it didn’t miss a beat either .  Not a track thing of course.  Did have one fun long slide in the wet though…..half way through I thought I’d better let her know it’s ok so said ‘it’s ok babe - I’ve got this’. Response = ‘you f_cking better!” Good fun.  

@DJM have to admit the 991.2 touring GT3 caught my eye recently as a good thing too.  

Were you at SMSP on Sunday with your C2S?

27 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Hello. Yes just watching for a while though. C2S wasn’t on track. 
‘did you go too? 

If it’s the nice black one parked up in the carport pits I spotted it’s beautiful!!! 

Yea, I was there in my ‘95 6sp 993 having a little old fashioned fun on track. 

5737BCCD-1B42-4A9C-800B-27AF6C0FE330.jpeg

Hello!

Dylan from Melbourne here, new to the forum. Not a Porsche owner (yet), looking for and considering a 987.1 Boxster at the moment, but haven't seen the right one come up for sale yet.

I have looked through some threads over the past few days and looks like a great group of Porsche enthusiasts! I've been part of the Melbourne car community for a few years now as a spectator and photographer, but looking forward to potentially becoming more active as an owner at some point in the future.

51 minutes ago, mfcdr992 said:

Hello!

Dylan from Melbourne here, new to the forum. Not a Porsche owner (yet), looking for and considering a 987.1 Boxster at the moment, but haven't seen the right one come up for sale yet.

I have looked through some threads over the past few days and looks like a great group of Porsche enthusiasts! I've been part of the Melbourne car community for a few years now as a spectator and photographer, but looking forward to potentially becoming more active as an owner at some point in the future.

Welcome mate.  I'm up at Benalla but down to Melbourne each week in my 987.1 Cayman S.  Best car i ever owned for sure.  I've had mine 12 months now and still have the same feelings for it as when I first got it.

5 hours ago, mfcdr992 said:

Hello!

Welcome!! As a previous manual '05 987.1 Boxster S owner that was used as a daily drive by my wife for nearly 5 years, I can thoroughly recommend them.  Follow the "be alert but not alarmed" principle about the IMS, and have a ball driving it.  You'll go through 3 pairs of rears to 2 pairs of fronts (depending on how you drive it 🙂 ).

Enjoy it when you find one!!