INTRODUCTION THREAD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, new to the group, thanks to Craig Sedgman, I have a rusty 1974 914 that’s in a slow process of being restored. It won’t be a concourse build, it will be a daily driver build. You can follow it on Instagram @alby914. I’ve also got a massive Porsche memorabilia collection again on Instagram @alby550 Looking forward to picking your brains throughout my build cheers

4E06DF55-17AD-4332-B81A-B385C3415918.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2021 at 19:27, Alby356 said:

4E06DF55-17AD-4332-B81A-B385C3415918.jpeg

It is unfortunate mint and original 914s are next to impossible to find. I was looking for a 1974 914 2.0 with the chrome bumpers and I looked for a while. They are a blast to drive (I drove a new one at the VW dealer I worked for) and one would have been a lot cheaper than the 991.1 Carrera 4 GTS I ended up with. I always called them a go-kart with a roof.

If that is a 1974, would it not have chrome bumpers front and rear? I thought the 1975? and 1976 had the rubber bumpers.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, R33dy said:

Hi Team, new member who just got his first P car. it’s an 86 Aussie delivered cabrio. The Cancan Red interior takes some getting used to but I haven’t seen many others. The car needs some love so I will be asking lots of questions and hunting parts.

20211205_194947.jpg

20211205_195036.jpg

Welcome to the forum I’m sure you’ll get heaps of advice and I’m sure over time you’ll get your car to a place you are happy with the most important thing is enjoying every minute of the pleasure it will give you they are all great cars.

Thanks Guys. 

17 hours ago, Coastr said:

The color combo is awesome.   Looks like with a bit of love it will come up nice inside.  Life's too short for boring interiors.  I wonder if you can find a new carpet set to more closely match the rest.

Yes, new carpets are on the list once i get it back on the road. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, first post for me and to show off my new (to me) Speed Yellow 996.1. I've had it for just over a week now and couldn't be happier. It's had a very easy life with only 84,000km on the clock and could pass as a two year old car. The condition is what sold me on the car after being very close to settling on a 987S, I only went to have a look at this because I'd never driven a water-cooled 911 and wanted a basis for comparison (hated Yellow and the owner was asking waaaaay too much for it). He had it for 12 years and had looked after it by only putting on 28,000km in that time. It is completely stock with the only mod being the window tinting. Having said that it does need ALL of the things that these cars need at this time in their lives like: IMS, RMS, clutch, upper and lower control arms, brakes, engine mounts, plus a few smaller jobs. The plan is for it to go in and get the IMS/RMS/clutch and rear suspension done in one hit some time late January. I've had EMD Automotive in Carringbah do the PPI, so they'll most likely do the work for me unless anyone has any suggestions. I also have a list of things that I'd love to do as well, first being the gundo hack, as it is way too quiet for a 911. I may do a short-shift as well. Any advice and guidance is welcomed and much appreciated.

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

Many thanks!!...and I intend to. 

Has anyone here bought the Fister mufflers from the US? I've been thinking getting them instead of modding my existing mufflers. I've read that some people haven't liked the gundo hack. It seems that some are done better than others, were I think everyone who has Fister mufflers are wrapped in them.