INTRODUCTION THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I’ve just found this forum and I am moving back to Aus from NZ in early Feb.  I am shipping my 07 997TT and 10 Cayenne GTS, which I expect should be landing in Aus and complianced by early/mid March.  

Although the Turbo is a Tip, I did the AMG paddle modification and really looking forward to getting it on some decent NSW roads (by comparison to NZ where they have traffic lights on state highways).  I think Putty road will be on the early on the Sunday Drive rotation!  The one thing I will miss though is my radar detector!  

38F14AEB-40A3-42B1-A398-449972250010.jpeg

0A024447-7785-401E-99B3-0122F7A7C358.jpeg

10A05376-8AE4-4FBC-8F7E-07607FB5759E.jpeg

Hi all,

I'm new to Porsche ownership and just signed up to the forum this evening. Picked up a 981 Boxster 2.7 from Melbourne just over a week ago and drove back to Canberra with my son (he loves it!). Drives beautifully but lots of tyre roar from the P Zeros at 110 km/h (any recommendations?). It's a 2013 with Sport Chrono, 20" alloys, and not much else. Expecting to do some mods including exhaust (although the stock exhaust is reasonable, I don't want to annoy the neighbours with anything too loud), headers (if it's worth it), and rear camera.

Lots of great topics here so hope to be contributing soon.

Cheers
John

IMG_1024.jpeg

17 hours ago, kenblats said:

Hi all,

I'm new to Porsche ownership and just signed up to the forum this evening. Picked up a 981 Boxster 2.7 from Melbourne just over a week ago and drove back to Canberra with my son (he loves it!). Drives beautifully but lots of tyre roar from the P Zeros at 110 km/h (any recommendations?). It's a 2013 with Sport Chrono, 20" alloys, and not much else. Expecting to do some mods including exhaust (although the stock exhaust is reasonable, I don't want to annoy the neighbours with anything too loud), headers (if it's worth it), and rear camera.

Cheers
John

IMG_1024.jpeg

Welcome John, nice car! I've got a 981 Cayman base with the same wheels, so very similar. Mine's got the Porsche Sports Exhaust on it, I love it because it's not overly rowdy for the neighbours but makes a great sound when you push the button and give it some stick! Re the tyre noise, it has never really bothered me (maybe it's a little more obvious in the Boxster?) but I recently changed from the P-Zeros to the Michelin PS4S and I can't say I noticed any difference in noise.

19 hours ago, kenblats said:

Hi all,

Cheers
John

IMG_1024.jpeg

Welcome John, virtually same spec as ours except ours is Dark Metallic Blue.  Yep, hated the P Zeros on ours, couldn't get PS4 or 4S in sizes needed at the time, went for Yoko V105s.  Been very happy with those, now onto 2nd set, although next time I'll look harder for the Michy's.

As car is my wife's daily she won't let me play with the exhaust, standard isn't so bad, it still sounds pretty good when you get into it.

5 hours ago, herbie said:

Re the tyre noise, it has never really bothered me (maybe it's a little more obvious in the Boxster?) but I recently changed from the P-Zeros to the Michelin PS4S and I can't say I noticed any difference in noise.

Many thanks for the welcome herbie! The tyres are in need of replacement and right now more important than the exhaust, etc, so will consider options including the PS4S.

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

As car is my wife's daily she won't let me play with the exhaust, standard isn't so bad, it still sounds pretty good when you get into it.

Thanks TwoHeadsTas! My wife doesn't have a say in this one - oddly enough, she hasn't even been interested in driving it (yet)... all the more for me 😉

1 minute ago, kenblats said:

Thanks TwoHeadsTas! My wife doesn't have a say in this one - oddly enough, she hasn't even been interested in driving it (yet)... all the more for me 😉

I'm probably lucky she enjoys driving Porsches (in fact she got one before I did - her first Porsche was an 05 987 manual S).  I'll let her have her car, I have a 996 GT3 for when I want to play 🙂 

Hi all. 
Finally introduce myself and the car. Recently rebuilt motor to 4.0 with IMS solution and a few other goodies. Need to get it dynoed and tuned to get the most out of it. Latest edition are the forged wheels and I still have quite a few parts yet to fit. Finding the time and place to do it is the problem. Next install is the Numeric shifter which has been sitting around.

Would appreciate it if anyone can recommend a reputable tuner with a dyno. 

Looking for a rollcage, seats and custom wing uprights to complete the build. Well, it never really ends does it?

Cheers,

George

6F1480B4-46A2-4BF3-95BE-175649F0415D.jpeg

12 minutes ago, RobCarrera said:

Very nice...what a BEAST!! Congratulations.

Did you get the motor built by LN Engineering?

Thanks Rob. Yeah. I sent the bottom end to the US where LN did all the machine work and supplied the forged pistons. Had it rebuilt here with a lot of other new parts I had waiting.

27 minutes ago, MYF1_ said:

Hi all. 
Finally introduce myself and the car. Recently rebuilt motor to 4.0 with IMS solution and a few other goodies. Need to get it dynoed and tuned to get the most out of it. Latest edition are the forged wheels and I still have quite a few parts yet to fit. Finding the time and place to do it is the problem. Next install is the Numeric shifter which has been sitting around.

Looking for a rollcage, seats and custom wing uprights to complete the build. 

Cheers,

George

Welcome George, Wow very nice, stance and the  wheels look great !! we'd love to see more photos and details of the engine build.

4 hours ago, MYF1_ said:

Hi all. 

Looking for a rollcage, seats and custom wing uprights to complete the build. Well, it never really ends does it?

Cheers,

George

Very nice, will be a weapon with the 4.0.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Joined a few back, and never got around to saying hi.

My first 911 ...  loving the experience.

This is a 3 owner, 160k on the clock, mostly highway miles I think. The hardtop is a bonus.

The 19" wheels and tyres as purchased, now replaced by the original 18" wheels and Michelins.

A Pioneer SPH-C10BT replaced the (still functional) original CDR, the Bose system is still functional.

Since owning, replaced the AOS and a two of services.

I have added a few more k's since owning, mostly attending Porsche Club Vic events - as a track marshal.

Drove up for the Bathurst 6 hour. Gobbled up those highway miles ...  or k's. Whichever.

:)

--chris

2003 C2 996.2 with hardtop.jpg

• 7 months later...

Welcome Yianni indeed! There is nothing like that first time you’re thrown back into the tombstone seat with the wall/wail of the flat six winding up behind you, is there?! 😳😵💫🤯

I was considering the very same memory myself a couple of days ago, however I had to wait until my fortieth birthday for that pleasure so lucky you know where your coin now needs to go 🤨😉👍🏻 

11 hours ago, Krash2811 said:

Hi all,

My dream car since young has been the Porsche 930T, my "poster car".

Cheers,

Yianni

Then the last year of the 930, a 1989 with a 5-speed G50 transmission might be the one to get.

By the way, I also have a dark silver coloured 930 poster that I mounted on a board myself back in the late '70s. I still have it, but I have a real 993 and 991.1 GTS.

1 minute ago, IXLR8 said:

Then the last year of the 930, a 1989 with a 5-speed G50 transmission might be the one to get.

By the way, I also have a dark silver coloured 930 poster that I mounted on a board myself back in the late '70s. I still have it, but I have a real 993 and 991.1 GTS.

Oh well, never mind 🤷🤟🏻

13 hours ago, Krash2811 said:

my father has been an owner since '90. He has an '85 aus 930T purchased in '90 (2nd owner), a '95 aus 993rscs (2nd owner), a 997.1 and 997.2 GT3RS (Both first owner), and a 997.1 GT3 cup car which he raced many years ago.

Wow. Great collection. 

That's the way to influence your Son. 

You have been bitten Yianni @Krash2811. Enjoy..! 

On 27/04/2022 at 15:41, gnusance said:

Hi all,

The 19" wheels and tyres as purchased, now replaced by the original 18" wheels and Michelins.

Drove up for the Bathurst 6 hour. Gobbled up those highway miles ...  or k's. Whichever.

:)

2003 C2 996.2 with hardtop.jpg

Hey Chris,

Great looking 996 Cab. Love it. 

Bathurst..? perfect that you're keen to drive & enjoy it.

@gnusance I am liking the new wheels on your car. Can you share details, model, brand etc, please?  

By the way, I also have a dark silver coloured 930 poster that I mounted on a board myself back in the late '70s. I still have it, but I have a real 993 and 991.1 GTS. 

Sorry @IXLR8, I referred to the above 🙄

I need to use “  /s  “ after my sarcastic quips which means sarcasm apparently….

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_8799.thumb.jpg.83a7f3ebadc3791d35c2717a3279777f.jpgIMG_8798.thumb.jpg.41dc9b840d1471bd8294bef8aa6188c8.jpgIMG_8807.thumb.jpg.93d12564646a5198d3e9da3bc1598a2f.jpgIMG_8808.thumb.jpg.32d56c631c9844b2755b75ebd721352e.jpg

IMG_8811.thumb.jpg.feb7a73e829f7ac4c7c0e83a346a28f0.jpg

Just had my new (to me) 992 C2S paint-corrected and ceramic coated (thanks Jayde @ Dulvari Prestige), so as good a time as any to introduce her to PFA. My second 911, this time with PDK as I intend to daily drive her. May end up being a keeper, as fast enough for me and no interest in hybrid/electric. I think the first owner (PM if you're on PFA?) did a great job with the options.