Enclosed vehicle transport

spiller

On 11/02/2021 at 11:29, spiller said:

Looking for some enclosed interstate vehicle transport. So far one quote from CEVA for $4100 and 30 business days (yes, 3-0) transit time. Waiting on another from Prix car but wondering if there are any others anyone can recommend?

TIA

Where is the Car being picked up and taken to

On 10/03/2021 at 21:00, spiller said:

Yep, unfortunately it’s the case with all of the big carriers now. In my case it was going to be a full month plus more expensive than the independents so it was a no brainer for me. Mine took two weeks from Airlie Beach to Adelaide using two different carriers.

I used them to get mine from Brisbane to Adelaide...$2600. Alan himself delivered the car. I was away with work when it arrived, wife at home with three kids under 5. They cannot access my street with their truck but he was happy to park up 700m away, drive the car to my garage and walk back to the truck. It was the same story last time they took my old GT3 to Sydney. Very pleased with his service, highly recommend. Do you mind me asking which GT3 you’ve bought? One of the Richmond’s cars?

Yep, as luzzo mentioned above I bought the black ex-Richmonds GT3. Funnily enough I looked at the car 18 months ago when Richmonds had it in the showroom, but at the time I was looking at the 79 green SC they had for sale. A bit changed between then and now and I found myself looking at 997 turbos and GT3's and was surprised when I saw the same black GT3 pop back up for sale. Came from a serious enthusiast owner who was only parting with it as he ordered a 992 GT3. 

1 hour ago, 901er said:

My turn now... looking for Sydney to nth QLD enclosed. As usual I know Ceva is my best option, but thought on the off chance someone may have a better / cheaper  idea??

I would use the two mobs I went with mate. I know those first guys seemed like cowboys but they got it from you to Bris without a hitch in very good time. 

13 hours ago, spiller said:

I would use the two mobs I went with mate. I know those first guys seemed like cowboys but they got it from you to Bris without a hitch in very good time. 

$1550 with the cowboys, worth the risk at that price, it’s only an old Porsche 😆

On 10/03/2021 at 17:14, DJM said:

The downside of Prixcar......?  Still waiting.  Was picked up in perth 15 Feb arrived in Melb last week and it’s way out west waiting for a truck to deliver to me current eta 15 Mar.  having to wait a full month is a bit rich notwithstanding the 18 business days they quoted........cheap = slow 

Just closing the loop, delivery is finally firmly booked for Monday, so that is full month door to door despite me calling 4 or 5 times to hurry them along.  Can’t help calling them “the Prix” now.......😂.   To be fair they said 18 business days, it’ll arrive day 20 if I take Labour Day out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/03/2021 at 12:19, 901er said:

$1550 with the cowboys, worth the risk at that price, it’s only an old Porsche 😆

If you still looking for transport

I’m taking an empty car trailer to cbr-Qld. likely late April 

23 hours ago, michel said:

If you still looking for transport

I’m taking an empty car trailer to cbr-Qld. likely late April 

Thanks @michel but I got the car here 2 weeks ago with Reardons Towing. They were very professional and got the car here in one piece! 

Enjoy your road trip 

• 3 months later...

You got your car in just one week. It is swift. When I moved to a new state, the transport delivered my car in three weeks. They had some problems with transportation because it is a Ford F150 and it is a huge car. I used the car shipping services of one of the best companies that deal with transportation because I love my car, and I have many memories of it. I wouldn't like to happen with it during transportation. This is why I was delighted when I got it safely at my new house. The guys that transported my car did a great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Perth to Brisbane by sea?

Any reason not to send it by sea? Salt air corrosion? Rough handling by wharfie?

I gather they have RORO vessels with a transit time of c. 14 days.

Alternatively, I am thinking that if it was securely packed in a container then should be ok.

On 26/07/2021 at 17:07, Niels said:

Perth to Brisbane by sea?

Any reason not to send it by sea? Salt air corrosion? Rough handling by wharfie?

I gather they have RORO vessels with a transit time of c. 14 days.

Alternatively, I am thinking that if it was securely packed in a container then should be ok.

Sounds harder than it needs to be.
I used Ceva from Perth to nth Qld a few years ago, about 3k

You could be right 901er.

I called Ceva today and unfortunately got what I sincerely hope was their call centre in the Phillipines. I had great difficulty understanding their agent on the phone which really didn't give me any confidence in their ability to perform. I got a reasonable quote but have zero idea what it entailed. 

I also discovered that due to Covid, there are no containers available so it’s RoRo or bust.

Apart from the risk of feral wharfies destroying property for the fun of it, the sea voyage is actually more gentle on the car than being vibrated to death on a truck.

Not to mention the sea voyage is only $900 vs Ceva $2700

Still looking for a really good reason not to send it by sea. 

Does anyone here happen to have a phone number for Ceva which lets me talk to someone based in Australia? 

Every number I have tried shoots me across to the Philippines via a crappy VOIP connection. Neither I nor the operator at the other end can understand each other. 

Begs the question, does  Ceva actually exist as a physical entity in Australia or is it some virtual offshore brokerage with contractors here doing their bidding? 

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Never had that issue @Niels but I haven’t used them for about a  year. 
Try this Brisbane number 07 3723 1911

Yup. Did that. After a minute I was transported to downtown Manila via a very dodgy VoIP connection.

Starting to think it’s more than the VoIP connection which is dodgy.

• 4 weeks later...

Shipping a car can get really expensive. I've talked with some friends of mine who are car addicts and they're doing their best to avoid hiring someone to transport a car that they want to buy. A car transport quote can be pretty high if you want quality. It would really be a shame to have your car all scratched and in a bad condition. Every single one of them has told me that they would rather travel the whole country and check out the car in person. This way, they're able to see if there's something wrong with it and fully inspect it

OK… here’s my experience.

I shipped my new to me 997 turbo from Perth to Brisbane a couple of weeks ago via Alan’s Unique Car Transport. Eye wateringly expensive but truly well worth every cent. They did every thing right, their truck is setup to load cars with very low ground clearance, their handling of the cars is both gentle and respectful, the office girls Lee and Karen were first class to deal with. Totally faultless.
In short 5 stars. Pay the money and sleep well. I will use them again.

By way of contrast, I tried to deal with CEVA. Yes, they’re cheaper but they’re dodgy at best. You can ONLY speak with someone in Manila who has zero idea of what he/she is talking about. 
To be fair, if I were transporting a rusty old 1995 Hyundai Getz then I’d have no qualms using CEVA. But for anything of value, run for the hills. Alan’s is the Go!

(to be clear, I have absolutely no financial or any other interest in Alans s Unique Car Carriers. I’m just a satisfied customer who believes it’s worth paying extra to keep just one more Aussie in a job)