The Pet thread

Vas

• 1 month later...

My best mate Wilson. Has been great over past few years through some shit times!!

Listed as a hound cross. From what I can gather he is part grey hound/ deer hound with maybe some Airedale thrown in... He just does not stop running and he is fast, chased down and caught a wallaby! (he did not harm the wallaby)

Whatever he is he is great. The happiest and friendliest dog I have ever come across, great with my son and everyone else!

IMG_0827_zpsfp1b7wmv.jpg

IMAG2065_zps7kf2vs1w.jpg

IMG_1199_zpsidfymt5d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sally, my nutball of an English Springer Spaniel and best mate. She would've been about 3 when I took this photo, on Black Rock Sands in Wales, back in the UK. 4 years ago we put her on a plane and moved to Oz, away from her beloved fields and squirrels. She's now 12 1/2 years old, part deaf, blind in one eye and only partially sighted in the other. Still lies under the car when I'm working on them in the garage and likes nothing better than a trip in the car with the roof down, just so she can flap her ears in the breeze.

She's still completely bonkers, as she always has been. Little bit more flatulent than she used to be mind....

5178832368_0ea02db1eb_z_d.jpg

I actually miss my pooch (Lucy the beagle). Being as I'm in Tassie this week, and I was away last week, I only got to spend a few hours with her on Saturday night. Maybe I can get her to send me a selfie.

You can have a pat of Wilson :)

• 4 months later...

We lost one of our girls overnight.  She suddenly succumbed to a severe internal infection which had spread resulting in multiple organ failure.  Typical herding dog, wouldn't let on she was unwell.   Today we laid her to rest on my sister's farm.

RIP Chloe

25172565870_95b9417f63_b.jpg

We lost one of our girls overnight.  She suddenly succumbed to a severe internal infection which had spread resulting in multiple organ failure.  Typical herding dog, wouldn't let on she was unwell.   Today we laid her to rest on my sister's farm.

RIP Chloe

Very sorry to hear that Harvs.   I know exactly how you feel.  

it was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do, putting down my Long haired German Shepherd family member of  15 years.

That's why we don't have one anymore.. couldn't go through it again.

My sympathy Harvs.

Thank you, Niko and Lee.  It's been a tough day, especially for my son.  Chloe was his dog, they've grown up together.   He was determined to be with her right to the end.  

We have lots of fond memories of the 12 years she was part of the family.  

Thanks for the kind sentiments guys. It's appreciated.  

I don't want to bring the mood of this thread down so let's see some happy snaps of your furry/feathered/scaly friends.  Our pets bring so much joy to our lives so it's great to share it around a bit. 

Running around the local park 3 weeks ago :P:)

24471231339_8185ac3acf_b.jpg

My dog Lucy relaxing after a bath.  Rare Lemon and White, Australian delivered, late 2013 model.  I can hide a Scooby Snack anywhere in the house and she'll sniff it out within a minute.  She won't play with a ball though. It's like "you threw it there, you go get it".

20160306_184632_zpsepmywd2s.jpg

My son's 6 month old Husky.  He just eats and poops.

20160224_203406_zpsrv6otw09.jpg

Very sorry to hear that Harvs.   I know exactly how you feel.  

it was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do, putting down my Long haired German Shepherd family member of  15 years.

That's why we don't have one anymore.. couldn't go through it again.

My sympathy Harvs.

1990%20Mischca..jpg

This was our Mischca.   The runt of a litter destined to be Police Dogs.   I got her for my daughter when she was 6 years of age.  

I had to put Mishy down on my daughters 21st birthday.   So you can imagine how her 21st was.

Just to balance the canine faction.

964 & Oriental play time yesterday afternoon.

IMG_6765_zpsndhdviss.jpg

Well that would explain the whining noises from the front of your car :ph34r:

Have a beer and shed a tear Harvs. It doesn't help but it doesn't hurt.

Thanks Barry.  We did all that and it does help.

This was our Mischca.   The runt of a litter destined to be Police Dogs.   I got her for my daughter when she was 6 years of age.  

I had to put Mishy down on my daughters 21st birthday.   So you can imagine how her 21st was.

She was a beauty for sure, Niko.  I've known a few Shepards that have been wonderful pets. I'd have one but swmbo won't allow it.  Something about the mother in law is scared of them and wouldn't visit if we had one. I didn't think that was such a problem.

Thanks for the kind sentiments guys. It's appreciated.  

I don't want to bring the mood of this thread down so let's see some happy snaps of your furry/feathered/scaly friends.  Our pets bring so much joy to our lives so it's great to share it around a bit. 

Running around the local park 3 weeks ago :P:)

24471231339_8185ac3acf_b.jpg

We had a Border Collie when I was a kid.  She was such beautiful and intelligent dog.  She lived to be 21.  Her name was Candy.  I used to call her sandy when my brother was around, because his girlfriend's name was Sandra.  She was a bit of a dog as well, but not as intelligent (or faithful).