1969 Porsche 911E 2.0L Rhd Sportomatic value

10 hours ago, Frank Early Porsche said:

Also, are there better ways to sell?

Hi Frank, we are PFA FM's and sponsors, so hopefully nobody minds us mentioning Summon as an alternative way to sell.

We are quite different from Collecting Cars - we will host inspections on your behalf, and we don't auction the car, instead we advertise your car on all the car marketplaces for sale, and manage all the enquiries for you.

We have a few classic Porsche's for sale now, more details about our service is here or DM me with any questions! 

www.summon.com.au 

Gorgeous car btw!

Import, Sporto, hard to price as the market is fickle.  It is an amazing looking car.

I saw a GT4 sit on carsales for a long while recently, and it got put on collecting cars, it then sold there under reserve.  It is now back on carsales...

Seems to me the best way to move a car is price it to meet the market.  If you can't be bothered with tyre kickers get somewhere like porschaden to sell it for you.  

Also advertising here on PFA increases the amount of virtual tyre kicking :)  but reduces the time wasting test drives and only has serious buyers hassle you...From my experience.

14 minutes ago, Frank Early Porsche said:

However, I don't know if that's a reasonable price and am looking for feedback in this thread. 

I would suggest that is a areasonable price. You need to draw a line in the sand to give people a guide. If you're not in a rush, and you don't want to advertise it here, then I would suggest @Summon 

Good Luck!

Sportos are always a tough sell.  In my experience, they are normally bought almost solely on price by people trying to get into a cheap(er) 911.  Occasionally, you see them sell into bigger Porsche collections “just to have one”.

Its a shame, as they can be fun  

It looks lovely (I’m biased as I also have a Bahama yellow 69E) but sporto means it takes a decent value hit against a comparable manual (as does being imported against AU delivery but less so). 

33 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Sportos are always a tough sell.  In my experience, they are normally bought almost solely on price by people trying to get into a cheap(er) 911.  Occasionally, you see them sell into bigger Porsche collections “just to have one”.

Its a shame, as they can be fun  

It looks lovely (I’m biased as I also have a Bahama yellow 69E) but sporto means it takes a decent value hit against a comparable manual (as does being imported against AU delivery but less so). 

is driving a sporto as easy as driving an automatic?

Just thinking out loud but what if you converted your car from a Sporto to a manual and throw the Sporto in with the sale for originality.

I've never done the conversion so I have no idea of the cost or complexity nor do I know your circumstances for selling it but with the price of 911E' s these days ( I had one back in the mid 80's, lovely car ) it might be worth considering if you are after a sooner rather than later sale. 

It's already an import ( I don't have an issue with imports, my 930 was an import ) so having the conversion is not really going to hurt it that much price wise but may make it easier to sell.

No harm in doing some research.

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@3legs

The last sporto/manual conversion cost I was told about by the bloke who owned the car was around $20k

4 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Ouch.

No so bad if you can get a hold of a manual box at a reasonable price. It would be an option worth considering. 

Finding a rhd manual pedal box and related parts is the hard bit at present. 

Sporto conversions are always a tough call. You pick up some buyers but you lose the collector/originality types (although they often aren’t import buyers anyway). 

Put it to auction?

52 minutes ago, Frank Early Porsche said:

I wouldn't convert the car from sporto to manual just for the sake of the sales price. I reckon that since the car has stayed original for 50 years, I won't change that. I agree with you that auction is probably a good way to go, as it will show the interest in a Porsche with sporto. The car is very original, so I would assume that there are buyers who are looking for a very original car and won't mind the sporto. 

Agree 100%

Frank, you have a seldom found gem there. And it looks a fuchin treat! Whilst a sporto doesn't do it for the masses there is a buyer out there for your car without a doubt and at a reasonable price. The masses also will apply the import $$$ deduction in their minds but to the right buyer it wont matter (as much).

By the looks of the car it will drive and present beautifully for a vintage Porker and I think the best way to get your best dollar is consignment or similar. I know CS etc doesn't do it for you with the tyre kickers but it's a necessary hassle to put up with a private sale and will unearth a buyer when the price from each side is right. Auction will probably find a buyer at your right price but maybe not. Auction buyers don't get to PPI it, don't get to drive it, can't see it on a hoist and just hear it running and all in a limited timeframe and setting. An effective way to sell a cheap to fair car that wont stand up to the utmost scrutiny.

I think present the car the best way for the gem that it is. Let a professional have the hassle of dealing with the punters, it can be PPI'ed, driven, hoisted, extensively inspected and anything else, and that will be an important handful of your cars best points, and a good salesman will clinch the $$$ for you.

I'd suggest a visit to The Healey Factory and a chat with Rob. He's a top bloke and very realistic to achieve a fair to top dollar sale. He has a tremendous diverse range on the floor and looks for first class vehicles for sales. I don't know how the consignment type of sale works there  but it does.

1 hour ago, Mik001 said:

Beautifully presented car however you guys are over estimating the demand for sportos... there is none zero. 
import is less of an issue with this vintage.  
Early 100k I’m afraid 

I think early 100k would have people lining up. Mid to high 100s is more likely. Good shape, factory rhd, all original, good colour. 

your estimate of the demand for sportos is incorrect, I would buy this and wold happily own a sporto longhood. So change your estimate to 0 + 1