Anyone know a good mechanic in Adelaide that can do PPIs?

• 5 months later...

I recently organised a PPI over the phone through Craig at Buik as I am in Melbourne.

Service was brilliant, PPI was very reasonably priced as I have read what some of the Porsche dealers are charging in other threads, and including a leakdown and compression test.

He emailed through a 2 page report which went through interior/exterior and listed all the little niggles and fault that you would expect for a 25+ year vehicle. He also sent me MMS’s of the underside of the car when it was on the hoist to show that there were no major oil leaks detected. He also went the through books and service history and confirmed that the vehicle was indeed a genuine Australian delivered vehicle. They also test drove the vehicle and I’m happy to say that based on their assessment of the vehicle I purchased the vehicle.

I must have called him another 10 times with questions and he was happy to answer all of them, he really did go above and beyond. One thing that was noted on the PPI was that the alternator was noisy and needed repair. As I will be driving this car back, I decided to get the seller to drop the vehicle off to get this done. Craig rang me yesterday to tell me that they pulled the alternator out, found a loose bolt that had fallen into the casing, so all that was needed was it to be re-tightened with Loctite and put back in the car. The alternator was rebuilt 5k ago so all was good. With me being in Melbourne he could have easily advised of a rebuild if he wanted, and I’m not suggesting that all workshops are dodgy but just saying….I wouldn’t have known the difference

They have also allowed the seller to keep the car there until Sat where I will meet him to finalise the deal. They are going to check all the fluid levels and tyre pressures ect and get it ready for the journey. Great experience and I thoroughly recommend them, especially if you are buying sight unseen from interstate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Reviving this thread as I’m looking at a car that is in SA for a friend. Could any locals confirm if Mark at Buik is still the go to guy for ppi’s? Appreciate any assistance, keen to make a call on this one this week. This is the car:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2008/OAG-AD-15602895

Had a recent and detailed PPI / compression and leak down done by Buiks . They were great. Raised all issues of possible concern for me to then make a decision.

Craig was the person at Buiks that did the inspection though.

..... Mine was on a ‘78 SC though ..... not an almost new Carerra S. 

Looks loke a nice car!!

14 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Had a recent and detailed PPI / compression and leak down done by Buiks . They were great. Raised all issues of possible concern for me to then make a decision.

Craig was the person at Buiks that did the inspection though.

..... Mine was on a ‘78 SC though ..... not an almost new Carerra S. 

Looks loke a nice car!!

Thank you, I’ll give them a call tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, turboT said:

isn't that what we have Lee for?

Just gimme the keys!! ?

My ppi checklist 

Does it run?   Yep✔

Does it stop? Yep✔

Drive good?   Yep✔

Look good?   Yep✔

Buy it ? 

Archived