mark2559

964 RUF Inspired Hot Rod

Time to post a few more pics that have accumulated over the last few months of the build.

Body stripped to bare metal and epoxy primer applied.

Should get colour early next week, with a goal to finish the body prior to Christmas.

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_20211207_171605.png

Well finally got some colour on (just before Christmas).

Amazon Green is a beguiling colour ... in the flesh it really is as per the Front Bumper !

Final paint and panel work this week ... then back to Corse Motorsport for some building !

IMG_20211221_145227.jpg

IMG_20211221_145234.jpg

20211220_154713.jpg

I just discovered this Mark and I’m loving the build thread. I will follow it with interest since I’ve just bought a car that is RS/RUF CTR Yellowbird inspired. 

2 hours ago, mark2559 said:

Well finally got some colour on (just before Christmas).

Amazon Green is a beguiling colour ... in the flesh it really is as per the Front Bumper !

Final paint and panel work this week ... then back to Corse Motorsport for some building !

IMG_20211221_145227.jpg

IMG_20211221_145234.jpg

20211220_154713.jpg

Absolutely superb - though subtle, the roof rail delete looks cool too.  

Well next week the body returns to my mechanic (Corse Automotive, Sydney) for the assembly process.  Visited Berlina Body Works today and thought I would post some before and after images.

The car had recieved some very bodgy respray (at some time during the last 30 years) - including that they didn't even match the colour correctly (not even close).  In the windscreen and rear screen surrounds we found the correct colour.  Then mixed that colour & and an original formulation prior to settling on exactly what was Amazon Green.  Here is the correct Amazon Green.

RH Rear Quarter - Final B.png

RH Rear Quarter - Original B.png

LH Rear Quarter - Final.png

LH Rear Quarter - Original.png

Colour Sticker.png

RH Rear Quarter - Final.png