What did you do to your GT3 today?

Cam Arnott

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

-2D…..That’s not very much front camber on a GT3…..you can double that on semi slicks or good road tyres and the car handles it - loves it actually….

Mmm, my first reply must have got lost, or I didn't press the right button....

mc, you mightn't have seen these before, but here are the Roland Kussmaul settings that have been reproduced here a couple of times, most recently by @spiller a few months back.  I'm running pretty close to these, with Dunlop Direzza ZIII hybrid Road / Track tyres, and I'm very happy with the handling, especially after fitting the adjustable length rear toe arms, which transformed my steering.

FB509954-7872-4FA3-89BE-2BF8A36B167D.jpe

5 hours ago, mc968cs said:

-2D…..That’s not very much front camber on a GT3…..you can double that on semi slicks or good road tyres and the car handles it - loves it actually….

Agree! I used to run -3.8 on my old GT3 and it was perfect. Went for -3 on my current car and it needs more, but not getting too carried away as it’s not a track car.  I think it’s also important to look at front to rear camber ratio. If you like a car that turns , it’s best to run less on the rear than the front otherwise it will plow everywhere.

21 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

mc, you mightn't have seen these before, but here are the Roland Kussmaul settings that have been reproduced here a couple of times,

I’m sure he has mate, Mark has one of if not the most developed 997 GT3’s in PCNSW and was always helpful with advice when I had mine… 

From what I’ve seen, the Kussmaul settings are what most people use as baseline, but track alignments tend to be far more aggressive with camber for sure! 

• 2 weeks later...

Slack of me, no photos, but Super Sprints with Light Car Club of Tas at Symmons Plains today.  I wanted to try out the new clutch, great not having to concentrate on getting the co-ordination of the shift just perfect, light clutch made it so much easier.  Did 5 sessions I think it was, got down to a 6 which I was pretty happy with on my Direzza ZIIIs (improvement of 4 secs during the day), will be interesting to see what I can do with my track wheels and A050's next time.  Chose the perfect time to head home as a ran into the rain 5 kms after I had left the track.....

• 2 weeks later...

@edgy was nice enough to sell me back my old OZ wheels from 4 years ago. The CS is now looking very similar to my old flame (bottom). I think I’m done now. If anyone is interested in some minimally used Nankang AR-1 r compound/semi slicks/whatever you want to call them, they will be for sale.

C68D60AA-1905-4127-AE41-7197B1306F39.jpeg

599F4518-F535-4FD9-B3D2-D32B58A2F27A.jpeg

2D69291C-4499-449E-B499-3561AAF31A34.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Peter John said:

how’s Mello Yello

Story of this car is a few pages back and I am a little distracted with working on Birdie, although still gathering parts and almost completed remaking the loom.

=======

To the broader collective - Does anyone have experience/recommendations on Front Grille inserts?

Most, if not all the reviews I have read mention reshaping/so so fitment, which is making me think to buy a sheet and just cut and mould myself

37 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

To the broader collective - Does anyone have experience/recommendations on Front Grille inserts?

Yeah, dont bother.. just get proficient at removing the front bar and make a regular routine of cleaning the ducts out!