WTB: 964/993 manual coupe

Crayon GT3

22 hours ago, GTP911 said:

OK, I wont tell you _ BUT I have owned a 1984 XE ESP ex FMC exec vehicle since 1986 and never broken a handle. (OK it's been in the garage since 1991, but still true) 

PA180152.JPG

PA180135.JPG

PA180150.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

I lusted after one of these.  Still stirs the loins ...

My XD was a white ex cop car.  Lowered, 4 speed single rail, steel wheels

Loved that car.  Got me through uni

Uniroyal Wild Cats

A man’s tyre - for when grip doesn’t matter ...

On 14/04/2021 at 08:51, Skidmarks said:

Perhaps wait for the market to cool ...?

Not meaning to be a smart arse, but I've been hearing people say "wait for the market to cool" for the past 15 years. Yet prices keep moving up. Do you really think the market will cool for C2 964s and 993s?

On 18/04/2021 at 21:59, GTP911 said:

OK, I wont tell you _ BUT I have owned a 1984 XE ESP ex FMC exec vehicle since 1986 and never broken a handle. (OK it's been in the garage since 1991, but still true) 

PA180152.JPG

PA180135.JPG

PA180150.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

Man, that is a great looking car. Always fancied an ESP. Oh those wheels

3 hours ago, Blue964 said:

Not meaning to be a smart arse, but I've been hearing people say "wait for the market to cool" for the past 15 years. Yet prices keep moving up. Do you really think the market will cool for C2 964s and 993s?

The market has cooled, then got hot, then cooled. Yes, they will ease again.  Not sure when.  But it will happen.  Until then, enjoy the ride.  

13 minutes ago, TDW911 said:

This lasted about an hour or so. You have to be pretty quick off the mark to even get a look in. They had $169k on it.

8D40FBB1-8D62-4440-AE6C-421262A9D499.png

Hard to save a search on Carsales when there are no 993 listings so you can't select 993 as a series. And black leather is so meh. I'm holding out for

969449DD-8FD5-47F0-A55D-35530AA2EE51.jpeg

4 hours ago, Crayon GT3 said:

Hard to save a search on Carsales when there are no 993 listings so you can't select 993 as a series. And black leather is so meh. I'm holding out for

969449DD-8FD5-47F0-A55D-35530AA2EE51.jpeg

Is that The Joker’s car???

16 hours ago, Crayon GT3 said:

Hard to save a search on Carsales when there are no 993 listings so you can't select 993 as a series

You can create a saved search on Carsales, based on Year.

Select Make, Model, then go to year. Do it without any body type selected, so that it will capture every new listing in that year range.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.(C.Make.Porsche._.Model.911.)_.Year.range(1994..1997).)

Good to receive the notification of a new listing, however sometimes by the time the Carsales notification comes in, someone else has already seen it before you..!

32 minutes ago, luzzo said:

You can create a saved search on Carsales, based on Year.

Select Make, Model, then go to year. Do it without any body type selected, so that it will capture every new listing in that year range.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.(C.Make.Porsche._.Model.911.)_.Year.range(1994..1997).)

Good to receive the notification of a new listing, however sometimes by the time the Carsales notification comes in, someone else has already seen it before you..!

Luzzo - super helpful - thanks very much!

47 minutes ago, MFX said:

Although that is definitely my kind of style, I would have thought you would know what a 993 and 996 interiors look like 😜 

Personally I couldn't tell if it was a Porsche, an Alfa or a Ferrari. All that purple was too overwhelming 😂

2 hours ago, MFX said:

Although that is definitely my kind of style, I would have thought you would know what a 993 and 996 interiors look like 😜 

With the amount of cars you own and have owned, it wouldn't surprise me if you had a 993 cab stashed behind the shed ready for an Kia powered RWB style resto 😁

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2021 at 22:50, Crayon GT3 said:

Hi all, looking to add a 964 or a 993 to the garage. Coupe, ideally C2, manual and RHD. Cash waiting, please pm me if you're selling or if you have any leads. Thanks!

Have u seen the white one at CTS?

9 hours ago, Crayon GT3 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I have seen it and driven it, a bit too track focussed for me. It's not a car for occasional weekends in wine country with Mrs Crayon. That said it will surely suit someone who is looking for a track oriented car really well.

Just out of curiosity how did the car drive?  Was it a solid car that ran well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2021 at 15:25, MARTY said:

Not your average 964 these things look amazing and this has just popped up on Dutton’s website I’m guessing price will be sky high 

7F7FF21F-89D1-48FC-846D-859F4BADD9D8.png

Omg just seen the price $380k how much would a turbo be worth?