Leather colour

tomo

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Just wondering if anyone has had success in changeing their leather colour, And if so what product was used?

Cheers 

I've done some seats in the past with Leatherique, came out great.  It is absolutely all about the preparation.  But you also have to be starting with something likely to succeed... You're not going to change black leather to cork for example.

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

I've done some seats in the past with Leatherique, came out great.  It is absolutely all about the preparation.  But you also have to be starting with something likely to succeed... You're not going to change black leather to cork for example.

Cheers @Fishcop  I have had a crak on a few little jobs on touch ups of same colour where worn, But this time Iam hoping  to go from seal grey to black or reapolster if colour change don't work .

6 hours ago, tomo said:

Cheers @Fishcop  I have had a crak on a few little jobs on touch ups of same colour where worn, But this time Iam hoping  to go from seal grey to black or reapolster if colour change don't work .

You should be good to go from grey to black.  You need to check the leather - most of the modern automotive stuff has a poly coating which will need to be lightly sanded back.  Best to read the instructions and there are a lot of Youtube/internet sites to watch what others have done.  A mate and I changed a set of cork leather seats to black over several weeks of light coats and letting it soak right in. Definitely worth having a go compared to recovering.

http://www.leatherique.com/

Thanks for the tips fellas, But have gone for a UK company that bring out a kit for steering wheels, As that is what I am color changing, They are called the leather repair company.