Chris Harris drives the new GT3

5 hours ago, hugh said:

Great car. Can't say I've warmed to the launch colour though.................. 

Funny you say that, ever since the launch I’ve seen soooo many Mustangs around in a very similar hue Hugh and nah, it’s not for me

carmine red would look great 🤔😂

Henry has a go too

There are so many things I really like about the 992GT3

Some of the highlights for me.

Body styling - (Shark Blue doesn't do it any favours) Its a real step change from the 991

Wheels  - sizing and styling tick

Brakes - The steel brake redesign and weight saving make them a no brainer

Interior - The interior makes for an exceptional cabin to be in; the dumbed down sport mode on the instrument cluster looks great.

Sound - Its probably a little quieter, muffled on the outside but who really cares as they have focused on the driver experience and the natural sounds that are entering the cockpit; sounded pretty amazing to me.

Driving dynamics - This is where most of the tests that I have watched really set the car apart from the previous 991- The US guys had the GT3 on some canyon roads and not a track like the UK guys so you get a better road feel perspective from them.

Track Day Weapon - Those that like to track their GT3 are in for a real treat I suspect.

General consensus is that everyone was very surprised at how the 992 is a lot firmer in the ride compared with the 991; they did mention the turn in feel being  so much sharper and making direct comparisons in feel to the outgoing 991.2GT3; however I'd prefer Chris Harris's take on that aspect.

Is this the last high revving N/A manual true drivers car that the world sees I hope not!!!!

Update from Car Wow test

0-100 time GT3             2.87       (Porsche claim 3.4)

Turbo S       2.55       (Porsche claim ?)

The blue definitely doesn’t work. I get the feeling the metallic colours will look a lot better on this car. CH made lots of references to how we were going to miss these cars. We all know the impending doom of the N/A engine, maybe it’s closer than we think?

1 minute ago, spiller said:

We all know the impending doom of the N/A engine, maybe it’s closer than we think?

It won't happen totally. Imagine the fuel tax revenue the gubberments around the world will lose! It'd be 100's of billions, not to mention the influential fossil fuel suppliers getting the sooks on at losing their profits. 

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

It won't happen totally. Imagine the fuel tax revenue the gubberments around the world will lose! It'd be 100's of billions, not to mention the influential fossil fuel suppliers getting the sooks on at losing their profits. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35577611/porsche-synthetic-efuel-clean-emissions-testing/

https://www.carreracup.com.au/exxonmobil-and-porsche-test-lower-carbon-fuel-in-race-conditions/

End to end supply chain planned to deliver equivalence with electric cars...

15 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

There are so many things I really like about the 992GT3

Some of the highlights for me.

Body styling - (Shark Blue doesn't do it any favours) Its a real step change from the 991

Wheels  - sizing and styling tick

Brakes - The steel brake redesign and weight saving make them a no brainer

Interior - The interior makes for an exceptional cabin to be in; the dumbed down sport mode on the instrument cluster looks great.

Sound - Its probably a little quieter, muffled on the outside but who really cares as they have focused on the driver experience and the natural sounds that are entering the cockpit; sounded pretty amazing to me.

Driving dynamics - This is where most of the tests that I have watched really set the car apart from the previous 991- The US guys had the GT3 on some canyon roads and not a track like the UK guys so you get a better road feel perspective from them.

Track Day Weapon - Those that like to track their GT3 are in for a real treat I suspect.

General consensus is that everyone was very surprised at how the 992 is a lot firmer in the ride compared with the 991; they did mention the turn in feel being  so much sharper and making direct comparisons in feel to the outgoing 991.2GT3; however I'd prefer Chris Harris's take on that aspect.

Is this the last high revving N/A manual true drivers car that the world sees I hope not!!!!

Update from Car Wow test

0-100 time GT3             2.87       (Porsche claim 3.4)

Turbo S       2.55       (Porsche claim ?)

Go buy one and I’ll race ya.  Fancy wishbones and all.  Turn in is pretty good in a 991.2.  I’m already shagging a supermodel (metaphorically speaking 🤔) , don’t need to trade up 😂. Plenty will but mid 4s is massive dollars.

19 hours ago, LeeM said:

I have often pondered that at some point Dino Juice is going to become very expensive for us "Hold outs" as the demand/volume drops and the distribution network shrinks.

Sure it is going to be some time before we will be buying drums to fuel our cars but at some point the large scale commercial refining/distribution and retailing is  going to wind back significantly.

This car is really doing the rounds and really convenient marketing by Porsche unlike McLaren's antics. 

If you hadn't seen it yet, even Car Wow has gotten in on the show. I know it's not a drag car but really impressive figures for his second go!

35 minutes ago, donR said:

This car is really doing the rounds and really convenient marketing by Porsche unlike McLaren's antics. 

If you hadn't seen it yet, even Car Wow has gotten in on the show. I know it's not a drag car but really impressive figures for his second go!

Wonder how many sets of Cups they've been through already????

2 hours ago, donR said:

This guy is annoying. 

14 hours ago, DJM said:

Go buy one and I’ll race ya.  Fancy wishbones and all.  Turn in is pretty good in a 991.2.  I’m already shagging a supermodel (metaphorically speaking 🤔) , don’t need to trade up 😂. Plenty will but mid 4s is massive dollars.

With all these taxes in the new car not a chance, you're not getting tired of Ginger (the super model) yet.

I'll patiently wait on the sidelines for a car, great time to sell poor time to buy hard to bet against that saying.

LCT                           $75,000

GST                          $28,000

Stamp duty (vic)    $32,000

Total                        $135,000