Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
the_sovereign_man

Painting 996 Graphite Grey Interior

Recommended Posts

Morning!

New member here looking for some insight. What are my options with repainting badly damaged trim? Does anyone have experience, either DIY or professionally, with advice and/or suggestions? I've seen a photo of one with parts painted in exterior silver/grey and it looked nice to my eyes. Just evaluating my options before proceeding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about the centre console?  It appears that body colour was an option (as per my 996.1 GT3) but my 996.2 C2 had a black rubberised type coating.  I think that might be quite difficult to repair, but I'm sure the pro's have a way of fixing / redoing.  I think I would actually prefer the black rubberised coating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a quote recently to sort out my plastics  the console being the main one and tidy up scuff marks it was about $400 I’ve not had it done yet as I’ve been busy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine hydro dipped for the Carbon look. The rubberised surface was looking very shabby..

IMG_3454_(002).jpg?width=450&height=278&

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barks said:

I had mine hydro dipped for the Carbon look. The rubberised surface was looking very shabby..

Never had hydro dipping done @barks.  Is it available in different finishes?

would you recommend the place you used?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just fitted a spankers black centre console.   I have the original black rubberised console which is perfect except for the scuffs and scratches in the coating.   Might be an option if anyone wants to have it painted.  After making me a fair offer for what is a $1000 plus new buy, of course!  😜

If you remove your console yourself be attentive to the underside of the handbrake lever, leather scratches easily during removal and refitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KGB said:

I just fitted a spankers black centre console.   I have the original black rubberised console which is perfect except for the scuffs and scratches in the coating.   Might be an option if anyone wants to have it painted.  After making me a fair offer for what is a $1000 plus new buy, of course!  😜

If you remove your console yourself be attentive to the underside of the handbrake lever, leather scratches easily during removal and refitment.

Just thinking about doing exactly that. 

Great work @KGB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, luzzo said:

Just thinking about doing exactly that. 

Great work @KGB

An hour to get it out, an hour to transfer the 748 clips, lids etc, 2.5 minutes to install.  Better if your handbrake is super slack and poorly maintained, mine wasn’t!  And don’t forget the screw beneath the coin “rack”.

Whoever formulated the original plastics should be shrink wrapped in them and dropped from a great sticky height. 💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KGB said:

An hour to get it out, an hour to transfer the 748 clips, lids etc, 2.5 minutes to install.  Better if your handbrake is super slack and poorly maintained, mine wasn’t!  And don’t forget the screw beneath the coin “rack”.

Whoever formulated the original plastics should be shrink wrapped in them and dropped from a great sticky height. 💩

Yep, that coin rack bolt is a killer 🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...