Sign in to follow this  
the_sovereign_man

Painting 996 Graphite Grey Interior

Morning!

New member here looking for some insight. What are my options with repainting badly damaged trim? Does anyone have experience, either DIY or professionally, with advice and/or suggestions? I've seen a photo of one with parts painted in exterior silver/grey and it looked nice to my eyes. Just evaluating my options before proceeding.

Are you talking about the centre console?  It appears that body colour was an option (as per my 996.1 GT3) but my 996.2 C2 had a black rubberised type coating.  I think that might be quite difficult to repair, but I'm sure the pro's have a way of fixing / redoing.  I think I would actually prefer the black rubberised coating

I had a quote recently to sort out my plastics  the console being the main one and tidy up scuff marks it was about $400 I’ve not had it done yet as I’ve been busy 

I had mine hydro dipped for the Carbon look. The rubberised surface was looking very shabby..

IMG_3454_(002).jpg?width=450&height=278&

3 hours ago, Barks said:

I had mine hydro dipped for the Carbon look. The rubberised surface was looking very shabby..

Never had hydro dipping done @barks.  Is it available in different finishes?

would you recommend the place you used?

I just fitted a spankers black centre console.   I have the original black rubberised console which is perfect except for the scuffs and scratches in the coating.   Might be an option if anyone wants to have it painted.  After making me a fair offer for what is a $1000 plus new buy, of course!  😜

If you remove your console yourself be attentive to the underside of the handbrake lever, leather scratches easily during removal and refitment.

30 minutes ago, KGB said:

I just fitted a spankers black centre console.   I have the original black rubberised console which is perfect except for the scuffs and scratches in the coating.   Might be an option if anyone wants to have it painted.  After making me a fair offer for what is a $1000 plus new buy, of course!  😜

If you remove your console yourself be attentive to the underside of the handbrake lever, leather scratches easily during removal and refitment.

Just thinking about doing exactly that. 

Great work @KGB

12 hours ago, luzzo said:

Just thinking about doing exactly that. 

Great work @KGB

An hour to get it out, an hour to transfer the 748 clips, lids etc, 2.5 minutes to install.  Better if your handbrake is super slack and poorly maintained, mine wasn’t!  And don’t forget the screw beneath the coin “rack”.

Whoever formulated the original plastics should be shrink wrapped in them and dropped from a great sticky height. 💩

2 hours ago, KGB said:

An hour to get it out, an hour to transfer the 748 clips, lids etc, 2.5 minutes to install.  Better if your handbrake is super slack and poorly maintained, mine wasn’t!  And don’t forget the screw beneath the coin “rack”.

Whoever formulated the original plastics should be shrink wrapped in them and dropped from a great sticky height. 💩

Yep, that coin rack bolt is a killer 🙂