WTB 987.2 Cayman S, Cayman S Black Edition or Cayman R

Yeatesy

I've just sold my 987.1 Cayman S and now wanting to buy a 987.2 Cayman S, Cayman S Black Edition or Cayman R preferably in a manual but I would also consider PDK if it was the right car.

I know these are rare beasts but if you have one and are considering selling it please contact me.

I'm flexible on colour and options but it must have a full service history and I have no issue with buying a car from interstate as I've done this plenty of times previously.

Good luck with your hunt Yeatesy,  I have the 987.2 S, 6 speed.  Fantastic cars.  

1996734482_ScreenShot2021-02-17at8_33_35am.png.c7052daa03542c506b8001df062460bf.png

Black edition or R even better.,   I think they are as rare as rocking horse poo, but fingers crossed for you.     

15 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

I've just sold my 987.1 Cayman S and now wanting to buy a 987.2 Cayman S, Cayman S Black Edition or Cayman R preferably in a manual but I would also consider PDK if it was the right car.

I know these are rare beasts but if you have one and are considering selling it please contact me.

I'm flexible on colour and options but it must have a full service history and I have no issue with buying a car from interstate as I've done this plenty of times previously.

Believe there's a black / dark colour R in your area Yeatesy....  Owner does frequent PFA, not sure how often though

Very nice car mate. Only 19 R's came into Australia but I have seen 4 advertise in the last 18 months so they do come up sometimes. Not sure how many Black Edition's but it was probably even less as they only made 500 of them.

11 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Believe there's a black / dark colour R in your area Yeatesy....  Owner does frequent PFA, not sure how often though

Oh wow, do you know the owner and if so is he/she considering selling?

31 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Very nice car mate. Only 19 R's came into Australia but I have seen 4 advertise in the last 18 months so they do come up sometimes. Not sure how many Black Edition's but it was probably even less as they only made 500 of them.

Oh wow, do you know the owner and if so is he/she considering selling?

No idea if they're interested in selling.  I can't remember last name or PFA name, you'll have to hope they pop up here and see your message

6 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

No idea if they're interested in selling.  I can't remember last name or PFA name, you'll have to hope they pop up here and see your message

Thanks mate, fingers crossed

2 hours ago, Niko said:

Good luck with your hunt Yeatesy,  I have the 987.2 S, 6 speed.  Fantastic cars.  

1996734482_ScreenShot2021-02-17at8_33_35am.png.c7052daa03542c506b8001df062460bf.png

Black edition or R even better.,   I think they are as rare as rocking horse poo, but fingers crossed for you.     

Niko your S is pretty close to R spec!

In a nutshell the R was lowered, light weight wheels, light weight alloy doors from the GT3, Cloth Pull tab's instead of  plastic handles and the nice little cover over the instruments deleted. Body styling wise it has the Aero kit  specified which I could never understand as it adds weight and the R was marketed about saving weight! Of course you  could have A/C delete and PCM delete as well however I have never seen one in Australia that had the deletion done.

I don't think that you will notice the 8kw difference between the S and the R / Black edition. :)

Of course if you want an R for the "Badge" and the collectability aspect then yes I get it however you could build a better R from an S base and have a much wider choice of vehicles.

28 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

Niko your S is pretty close to R spec!

In a nutshell the R was lowered, light weight wheels, light weight alloy doors from the GT3, Cloth Pull tab's instead of  plastic handles and the nice little cover over the instruments deleted. Body styling wise it has the Aero kit  specified which I could never understand as it adds weight and the R was marketed about saving weight! Of course you  could have A/C delete and PCM delete as well however I have never seen one in Australia that had the deletion done.

I don't think that you will notice the 8kw difference between the S and the R / Black edition. :)

Of course if you want an R for the "Badge" and the collectability aspect then yes I get it however you could build a better R from an S base and have a much wider choice of vehicles.

The Australia spec R's didn't have the A/C & Radio delete. Agreed probably not much of a performance difference to the S but I love the look and the rarity factor.

4 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

The Australia spec R's didn't have the A/C & Radio delete. Agreed probably not much of a performance difference to the S but I love the look and the rarity factor.

I see carsales has a 2011 S under wraps for 80 K

2 hours ago, tomo said:

I see carsales has a 2011 S under wraps for 80 K

I'm all over it but recognised the car from the options list. I did some detective work and discovered that it was listed on Carsales for 791 days with terrible photos including this beauty and there was 3 different rego plates shown on the various photos. The car is now for sale in Melbourne after being purchased by the dealer from a wholesaler and I'll be giving this one a wide berth.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.37.20 pm.png

29 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Good way to sell having your kid sitting on the car, NOT!!

It's a machine made high production volume car not a Faberge egg. Someone small such as the child leaning on or sitting on a relatively small area of strong metal (as opposed to a 80k to heifer standing in heels on the roof panel)  isn't going to hurt the car. It might not suit your sensibility but plenty of things can be done without any damage.

7 minutes ago, jakroo said:

It's a machine made high production volume car not a Faberge egg. Someone small such as the child leaning on or sitting on a relatively small area of strong metal (as opposed to a 80k to heifer standing in heels on the roof panel)  isn't going to hurt the car. It might not suit your sensibility but plenty of things can be done without any damage.

It's a faberge egg to a buyer. if he lets his kid scratch the duco with her shoes what else doesn't he give a stuff about.

20 minutes ago, jakroo said:

You are right a small child probably wouldn't cause any damage but it's not a good look when your trying to sell a car. It's more the various std NSW rego plates and the length of time it was advertised for that puts me off the car.

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

I'm all over it but recognised the car from the options list. I did some detective work and discovered that it was listed on Carsales for 791 days with terrible photos including this beauty and there was 3 different rego plates shown on the various photos. The car is now for sale in Melbourne after being purchased by the dealer from a wholesaler and I'll be giving this one a wide berth.

Must be something about  Caymans "S" of the 987.2 Variety,  It was the main reason I got the 996,  The 2 987.2 S that I had found over a year ago had the same type of dodgy history , Had the service books , They checked out but both cars had a couple of different sellers at the same time, And was covid so you could  not have alook see. There was trust issues created :(

9 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

What would the going market value of a nice Black Edition or R spec Cayman in the current pricing bubble?

Good question. I've never seen a Black Edition advertised and the R's have been well over 100k

3 minutes ago, tomo said:

Must be something about  Caymans "S" of the 987.2 Variety,  It was the main reason I got the 996,  The 2 987.2 S that I had found over a year ago had the same type of dodgy history , Had the service books , They checked out but both cars had a couple of different sellers at the same time, And was covid so you could  not have alook see. There was trust issues created :(

Hmm yes COVID would have complicated things too. I bought my 987.1 from Townsville and previously I bought a 930 from Perth, on both occasions I didn't fly there to see the car but the sellers were reputable, the service history was spot on, I'd had the cars checked out and they were perfect when they arrived.

46 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

It's a faberge egg to a buyer. if he lets his kid scratch the duco with her shoes what else doesn't he give a stuff about.

nup, it's still a car.  It can be repaired if really needed, and there's plenty of vehicles to replace it with.  Unless you're particularly athletic and jumping to conclusions, I'm thinking that just because the child is on the car doesn't mean they didn't get it serviced as needed, put sugar in the fuel tank, used it as a cat scratching area or bounced it off the rev limiter instead of using the clutch.  It could have simply been a cute photo with the kid and the car.....

12 minutes ago, jakroo said:

nup, it's still a car.  It can be repaired if really needed, and there's plenty of vehicles to replace it with.  Unless you're particularly athletic and jumping to conclusions, I'm thinking that just because the child is on the car doesn't mean they didn't get it serviced as needed, put sugar in the fuel tank, used it as a cat scratching area or bounced it off the rev limiter instead of using the clutch.  It could have simply been a cute photo with the kid and the car.....

Yes I agree, there's plenty of vehicles to replace it with - the buyer just moves on and buys another car and not the one with a kid scratching it. Obviously you're happy to let your kids sit all over your cars. Me, I prefer to look after mine.

3 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yes I agree, there's plenty of vehicles to replace it with - the buyer just moves on and buys another car and not the one with a kid scratching it. Obviously you're happy to let your kids sit all over your cars. Me, I prefer to look after mine.

I must admit I’m the same... I work too hard to let my kid ruin my achievement 

12 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

When I originally saw this add at the time I thought what on earth is the seller thinking? 987.2's are now at a point where they are most likely going to be sought by an enthusiast.

An enthusiast is not likely to want to plonk kids/girlfriends/cats/dogs/fluffy toys etc on their car and possibly most likely be turned off by this add!

10 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

....Obviously you're happy to let your kids sit all over your cars....

Not at all, but the cars are driven by my wife and I (circa 105,000 kms a year across 4 cars) and when I park it up somewhere who knows what happens to it. I wash the cars occasionally and always feed them oil, water and fuel. 

Look at it this way, if they'd had plenty of photos of the vehicle without the child on it (possibly they'd only allowed them to eat an ice cream in a crunchy waffle cone) then you'd not be any the wiser and wouldn't have dismissed it. 

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Not at all, but the cars are driven by my wife and I (circa 105,000 kms a year across 4 cars) and when I park it up somewhere who knows what happens to it. I wash the cars occasionally and always feed them oil, water and fuel. 

Look at it this way, if they'd had plenty of photos of the vehicle without the child on it (possibly they'd only allowed them to eat an ice cream in a crunchy waffle cone) then you'd not be any the wiser and wouldn't have dismissed it. 

Totally understand what you're saying, but I guess the point is that he didn't. So to me it shows he has a careless attitude so I'd be looking at that car after others

5 hours ago, jakroo said:

You just made my point.

You are now agreeing with my initial post that you took exception to, "Good way to sell having your kid sitting on the car, NOT!!"

You are saying that if the photo of the kid sitting on the car wasn't included in his ad then no buyer would know his kid sits on the car and therefore an interested buyer would not be turned off the car because of the photo.

Ok enough said.

I couldn't care one way or another if the kid is sitting on the car. You and a few others are the ones who care.

It doesn't matter to the seller about the sitting on the car or including the photo which is why it's in the stack of photos. You do as the buyer, but if I was the buyer I wouldn't care one iota about it cos there's plenty of occasions that the car will be imperiled without documentation so my argument is simply overlook that photo and decide on proper evidence of mechanical treatment of the vehicle. A couple of scratches in the duco that can be buffed out shouldn't be the deal breaker.

You guys are suggesting it's not sold cos the kid is on the car.