Faded black rubber parts(due to UV damage) on 993 spoiler- ?best way to remedy this

911virgin

I've used a few over the years and found the best to be Lithium Trim Serum. It lasts for many months and a little goes a long way so the 473ml bottle should last you a decade or more.  Give the spoiler a good wash and dry then apply the gel sparingly using a microfibre pad. Let it soak a few minutes then buff off with a cloth.  It has a nice natural finish rather than a shiny, silicone look to it. I've tried G Techniq C4 trim restorer which is much more expensive but it didn't seem to last any longer then the Lithium. 

I got mine off eBay

eg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/363390808610?hash=item549bc7b222:g:ZyAAAOSwGgdf6Tdp

22 minutes ago, LeeM said:

👍

s-l400-1.jpg

And yes I have used it on tyres and bumpers before

That’s like telling a lady to use plain old soap on her face that actually does a better job than the $300 per gram magic creme she uses, agree WD40 works as well as anything, but Inox works a little better 

Probably the inspiration for Mr Black and but nearly half the cost:

Forever Black Bumper and Trim dye followed up by 303 Protectant.

Still think kindly of Geoff, the PFA'er who gave me this tip, every time I use these products 

2 minutes ago, TINGY said:

I thought this was for plastics only

There is not much rubber on a 993 spoiler, they're all plastic except for a few of rubber bump stops!

18 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Probably the inspiration for Mr Black and but nearly half the cost:

Forever Black Bumper and Trim dye followed up by 303 Protectant.

Still think kindly of Geoff, the PFA'er who gave me this tip, every time I use these products 

There is not much rubber on a 993 spoiler, they're all plastic except for a few of rubber bump stops!

If that's the case I am a big fan of Mr Black, you know what they say, once you go black......................