Rennsport Reunion

Whats the chances of a PFA "tent" so we can meet other PFAers, I'll be traveling down from QLD and would like to meet interstate PFAers who have helped me out in the past.

Also can i please put in an order for the event Poster (I have the two rennsport ones.

Really hope this goes ahead.

3 hours ago, CarreraG50 said:

Whats the chances of a PFA "tent" so we can meet other PFAers, I'll be traveling down from QLD and would like to meet interstate PFAers who have helped me out in the past.

Also can i please put in an order for the event Poster (I have the two rennsport ones.

Really hope this goes ahead.

PFA ... whatever you want!

Poster - for sure, would be cool - maybe a design competition and our resident arty farty (@hugh) can judge!

Also looking at some event merchandise... and any other good ideas other people come up with!

I’m speaking with the Bend people tomorrow and hopefully PI also.  

I’ve organised permits and insurance.  

The next step is settling on format and the resultant need for people and other resources

Working up a budget in the next week or two so I can land on some event pricing sooner rather than later.  

As for it happening, let’s just say I’ve never been accused of not having a crack!   One of my partners says that I will things into existence... pretty accurate actually

My hearts there, the head isn’t far behind - so all that needs to catch up is my wallet!

On 12/06/2021 at 18:58, Skidmarks said:

Hi all

If I was able to get the planets to align, what’s the appetite for a Rennsport Reunion (US style) 2022?

3 days - Friday - Sunday   

Phiilip Island as the track

... and other stuff for those who aren’t into flogging their rigs on track

Another lockdown inspired dream ... 

Me! Thanks

13 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@SkidmarksSven, so this will replace Cars & Cabernet 2.0, or in addition to?

I'm trying to garner a bit of Tassie support for this sort of event, Luftwasser etc, have an article appearing in next months PCT newsletter about such events.

I’m thinking it might stand in its place but the quote of well over $100,000.00 to dry hire PI is giving me a challenge.

Winton may yet get the gig ...!  I think I could get it for less than a third of the PI price.  

Update

PI is out as, whilst I have  significant appetite for risk, I’m not reckless.   Without going all “open book” on the numbers, the fixed up front commitment for funding was looking at over $200K.

The Bend will be the same if not more.

I’ve had very productive discussions with Winton.

My strong expectation at this point is that it’ll be held at Winton.  I’m fortunate that I know their key staff very well so it will be easier all round.

Winton is also far less daunting as a track for those of us who want to have fun but don’t feel the need to hang out the big brass ‘nads

Still looking at a 3 day event Friday to Sunday with a Thursday bump in. 

Bigger than C+Cabernet but very much aiming for the same “feel”.   No crisp white shirts and chilled Sav Blanc in the corporate suite - if you get my drift.

... although there will be opportunity to indulge in fine comestibles.   

Obviously not a pure track day but a key feature of the 3 day program will be meaningful sessions of open pit lane for those keen to enjoy their cars in  low pressure way.

I’ll come back to you with more as soon as I have something solid to report

Hopefully that all still floats your boat.  

I'll have to Google 'comestibles' before committing to my attendance 

Re Winton. I had typed out something very similar in my last post here, as PI and The Bend are pretty intimidating circuits for the novice, whereas Winton is a much 'easier' circuit with lower speeds...and much less of an engine killer. AND it's better for spectators to see nearly the whole track from most viewing areas.

On a personal note, like the way I think of Mallala, I reckon Winton has a shitload more soul than both the other tracks could hope to possess. I'll be doing anything I can to ensure I get to Winton for this event

30 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

What dates are being considered for this?  Luftwasser is scheduled for 2-3 April in Albury 2022 I believe.

Luftwasser is 2nd to 4th April, with Monday 4th being the Weathercraft Wines lunch as the last event.  For us, going back to Tas, we may skip this depending on flight options, as we intend to leave the car in Melb and come back over for Easter

• 4 weeks later...