Rennsport Reunion

Jeff Grech at Winton is your man to talk turkey. I would think they will be much more user friendly than PI or Bend.

PI are increasingly dicks and want big bucks. Hard for a casual event like this to avoid you having to mortgage your house to get it set up.

my only reservation with Winton is its “charm”, I.e. very limited hard stand area and potential dust bowl at that time of year. PI is much easier for setting up show and shine and a tent city. You want to make sure Jeff gives you access to all 3 garage areas at winton which gets people out of the sun and wind, but does physically fracture the footprint of the event a lot.

Sandown is a good option for the event side but a potential panel beaters picnic where there could be a lot of damage on track.

13 minutes ago, 550Spyder said:

my only reservation with Winton is its “charm”, I.e. very limited hard stand area and potential dust bowl at that time of year. 

You think Winton is a dustbowl, wait till you experience Tailem Bend in summer! You may as well be in Saudi Arabia...just add rocks 😅 

Winton is a MUCH better venue for this type of event

UPDATE - WE HAVE A DATE

Put this one in your diaries -

14, 15 and 16 January, 2022

I'm working with the events team at Winton on a draft program and outline in the next 7-10 days.

I'll then send it around to a few of you lunatics for some feedback to see if I've hit the right tone and format - knowing that you can't please everyone ...

Right now the thinking is:-

1. Thursday - drop your stuff and cars and set up what you need to set up

2. Friday 14th - fun stuff on track, off track, skid pan, show and shine, concourse, stuff for friends and family, food and beverages during and then, more importantly,  late in the day at a location of your choice but best at the track for a few, exchange views on each others cars and driving (facts preferred but not mandatory) and move onto whatever is planned for the evening

3. Saturday 15th - repeat Friday

4. Sunday  16th - repeat Friday and Saturday but perhaps less drinks for those hitting the road, tearful goodbyes, promises to keep in touch, BS about how good your mates cars/driving was ... the usual.

Stay tuned.

35 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Glider City is good because they have a mini bus and are happy to cart you around/ pick up later in evening from whatever venue we end up at (or at least were happy to this year at Cars & Cabernet)

+ The bus does mad skids. 

2 hours ago, Jedly said:

Motels in Benalla quite often don’t put availability online to the booking sites this far out …. Call them direct and theres plenty availability 

Spot on @Jedly

I just booked in at Glider City and there's still capacity.

44 minutes ago, hugh said:

+ The bus does mad skids. 

Michael has confirmed there will be bus skids again next year..

@Skidmarks Brilliant work. Looking forward to it!

Following on from Wilburs's posting, I've just had a call from Michael at Glider City, there's a few of us that made forward bookings for 7th & 8th January 2022 following on from C&C earlier this year.  They still have those bookings in, but this is obviously now the wrong weekend, so if you did make a forward booking, best you ring and change.

He said they've already got a couple of bookings same weekend as us for an area family re-union, so best you get in quick for Glider City!!!

22 hours ago, Jedly said:

Motels in Benalla quite often don’t put availability online to the booking sites this far out …. Call them direct and theres plenty availability 

Good to know. Rebooked now at Gilder city. Sounds like it is where the cool kids are at :P 

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

Booked Glider City... fingers crossed I can cross the border or leave my house by then! :lol: This is take 2 for that motel and @Skidmarks Winton event. 

With you, @hugh; & perhaps @luzzo that would be at least 3 RS's,  @9r, me and probably more, with GT3s, Glider City is going to be GT3 central!!!!!  Got a mate with a 991 RS interested as well.......

Svensport here we come. 

Booked Glider City

They had 3 rooms left when I booked this morning.
Can’t wait for this! Now I got to decide weather to bring an air conditioned or air cooled car. 

If I can help you guys with anything please let me know. George 

26 minutes ago, 911B said:

Svensport here we come. 

Booked Glider City

They had 3 rooms left when I booked this morning.
Can’t wait for this! Now I got to decide weather to bring an air conditioned or air cooled car. 

If I can help you guys with anything please let me know. George 

Fingers crossed by then I can bring both :D