Singer Australian/NZ partner

Coastr

3 hours ago, KGB said:

Would have to be,, but assuming that since Zagame have Fezza, A Martin, Rolls, Lambo, Lotus, Audi, and Pagani (Fiatromeo not included for obvious reasons) it’s the case that their already existing multi-car garage mega-client doesn’t want to be dealing with commoners to secure the base car, so Zagame offer that service.  And charge well for it.  I’d even wager that 2/8 wouldn’t even realise it’s an old sh!tter underneath. 🤣

I think you might be right. 8 cars sucked out already and they’ll probably triple that over the next 24 months!

Was chatting with a mate on this conundrum earlier in the week. so 964 prices In aust get even more stupid as people chase doner cars. Price of a 964 in HK circa AUD64k plus shipping and tax’s, still less than the price of Au car circa $160+
So with a reimagined singer does the providence of the chopped up doner car matter? In the end it’s still a rhd drive 964 that is no longer a purist collectible..

5 hours ago, KGB said:

Would have to be,, but assuming that since Zagame have Fezza, A Martin, Rolls, Lambo, Lotus, Audi, and Pagani (Fiatromeo not included for obvious reasons) it’s the case that their already existing multi-car garage mega-client doesn’t want to be dealing with commoners to secure the base car, so Zagame offer that service.  And charge well for it.  I’d even wager that 2/8 wouldn’t even realise it’s an old sh!tter underneath. 🤣

I think you might be right. 8 cars sucked out already and they’ll probably triple that over the next 24 months!

(Fiatromeo not included for obvious reasons)  Whats wrong with a fiatromeo?   

With reference to your 991.1gts,  a 5 figure one of those used fiatromeo's  ( + spend 5k on it extra on it with a tweak here and there)  and you would be lucky to see any of it in any of your mirrors,  but it would see plenty of yours in its in a roll race and potentally from a dig.   Personnel choice , but  I would even say that the engine note  in your 991,1gts if its in stock guise would be somewhat underwelming in comparison on  startup, when cruising or when on the throttle.   PS.   I forgot,   they even have a soccer mums version for around the 6 figure mark used that would equally have you 991.1gts as good as covered once both cars are in second gear.

That comments  mostly from an  actual/  perceived reliability standpoint and not about engine performance right?  Those in the know,  drive those fiatromeo's stock  into a mob North of Melbourne in the morning and they will give you a dyno sheet in the afternoon with a lazy number starting with a 6 at the crank and matching TQ increase.  

Back to Singers.  So how many 964 owners have rang Zagames and asked them whats my shell worth  and can you out my car specs on your database along with my number.

16 hours ago, smit2100 said:

(Fiatromeo not included for obvious reasons)  Whats wrong with a fiatromeo?   

With reference to your 991.1gts,  a 5 figure one of those used fiatromeo's  ( + spend 5k on it extra on it with a tweak here and there)  and you would be lucky to see any of it in any of your mirrors,  but it would see plenty of yours in its in a roll race and potentally from a dig.   Personnel choice , but  I would even say that the engine note  in your 991,1gts if its in stock guise would be somewhat underwelming in comparison on  startup, when cruising or when on the throttle.   PS.   I forgot,   they even have a soccer mums version for around the 6 figure mark used that would equally have you 991.1gts as good as covered once both cars are in second gear.

That comments  mostly from an  actual/  perceived reliability standpoint and not about engine performance right?  Those in the know,  drive those fiatromeo's stock  into a mob North of Melbourne in the morning and they will give you a dyno sheet in the afternoon with a lazy number starting with a 6 at the crank and matching TQ increase.  

Back to Singers.  So how many 964 owners have rang Zagames and asked them whats my shell worth  and can you out my car specs on your database along with my number.

1. Nothing, if they’re your thing.  My comment relates to not many (if even one) being in an Aussie Singer orderer’s garage.

2. Who cares, it’s in pieces in 7 years and worth SFA. Typical Alfa, I love them. I completely forgot that the only reason I bought a 991.1GTS was to drag race it, silly me. And the Giuliaromeo is, unlike a 911, getting even more beautiful as it ages just as it’s forebears 164, 159 and 156 did..

3. At least one I’d think.

4. Oh the folly of spending $1.5-3.0M on a Singer only to be hosed away from the lights by a Soccer mummy in her flashed SpaghettiUV.

5. I love your posts, as someone who has 4 languages, it takes me 6 reads to think I might be vaguely close to understanding wtf you’re talking about.😜 All good fun, though, challenging like a Mensa test.

How’s the 996 Turbo going?  Still modding or are you now in a happy, powerful, fast and reliable place?

**(Note; above may contain traces of sarcasm.)

19 hours ago, Tips said:

Was chatting with a mate on this conundrum earlier in the week. so 964 prices In aust get even more stupid as people chase doner cars. Price of a 964 in HK circa AUD64k plus shipping and tax’s, still less than the price of Au car circa $160+
So with a reimagined singer does the providence of the chopped up doner car matter? In the end it’s still a rhd drive 964 that is no longer a purist collectible..

Cars are also being obtained from the near east apparently.  Provenance of donor car seems unimportant to most.  I agree as once your Singer arrives the only historical components are VIN & Engine no’s and it’s shape, realistically.

6 minutes ago, KGB said:

991.1 GTS ??????? Did I miss the photos, description etc????? 

6 minutes ago, KGB said:

2. Who cares, it’s in pieces in 7 years and worth SFA. Typical Alfa, I love them. I completely forgot that the only reason I bought a 991.1GTS was to drag race it, silly me. And the Giuliaromeo is, unlike a 911, getting even more beautiful as it ages just as it’s forebears 164, 159 and 156 did..

On 02/07/2021 at 21:49, Tips said:

How does one find and buy a car from HK? I'm genuinely interested...

On 02/07/2021 at 21:49, Tips said:

This to me would be the smartest advice I have seen.  Why buy a RHD Aust delivered car when cheaper RHD versions are available overseas.  Buy in HK and ship from there to the USA.  I like Mike would like to know how you go about buying a car from Hong Kong.

17 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

This to me would be the smartest advice I have seen.  Why buy a RHD Aust delivered car when cheaper RHD versions are available overseas.  Buy in HK and ship from there to the USA.  I like Mike would like to know how you go about buying a car from Hong Kong.

Doesn’t work that way. You need to buy the HK car, bring it here and then send it to the states. 

Buying in HK is not much different from interstate buying here - via dealer or online private. 

25 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Doesn’t work that way. You need to buy the HK car, bring it here and then send it to the states. 

Buying in HK is not much different from interstate buying here - via dealer or online private. 

So has anyone had final advice about whether a SInger is a new car for duty purposes, or a repair?  Remember there was a change to the duty rules 12-18 months back I think it was, that duty would imposed when a car was sent overseas for repair? 

If that is the case, paying the duty to import a HK car to then send to Singer for Singerisation would be mmuucchh less than paying it on Singer value to import if it had been sent direct.....

36 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So has anyone had final advice about whether a SInger is a new car for duty purposes, or a repair?  Remember there was a change to the duty rules 12-18 months back I think it was, that duty would imposed when a car was sent overseas for repair? 

If that is the case, paying the duty to import a HK car to then send to Singer for Singerisation would be mmuucchh less than paying it on Singer value to import if it had been sent direct.....

Duty wasn’t the problem - LCT was. My understanding is they have an ATO ruling say it is a restoration so no LCT. Car goes in and out via a Carnet. GST still applicable.

2 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Duty wasn’t the problem - LCT was. My understanding is they have an ATO ruling say it is a restoration so no LCT. Car goes in and out via a Carnet. GST still applicable.

GST hit would definitely be a downer 😞 

12 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Yes here first then states. Quite a bit of info on line about import costs. What I see is if you can keep the car under $65k landed with import and GST there is no LCT. 

A friend is looking at this option atm to then send it to LA. What he has been told by Zag is find a C4 tipper coupe as the cheapest doner and as long as it’s a RHD delivered it should be ok, subject to the singer checklist.
example oh HK car circa $60k but since sold. https://www.everycar.hk/adview/786d3eaef2ac6ec1cc98120b5708b3e4

Im hoping he pulls the trigger, would love the opportunity to spend time with it, in about three years 🙄

2 hours ago, Tips said:

Yes here first then states. Quite a bit of info on line about import costs. What I see is if you can keep the car under $65k landed with import and GST there is no LCT. 

A friend is looking at this option atm to then send it to LA. What he has been told by Zag is find a C4 tipper coupe as the cheapest doner and as long as it’s a RHD delivered it should be ok, subject to the singer checklist.
example oh HK car circa $60k but since sold. https://www.everycar.hk/adview/786d3eaef2ac6ec1cc98120b5708b3e4

Im hoping he pulls the trigger, would love the opportunity to spend time with it, in about three years 🙄

Does a singer fall under the US free trade agreement between US and Australia,  I brought some car parts from a one man band US  Supplier / manufacturer and he had all this free trade agreement paperwork / letter that reduced the customs import duties. 

Hong Kong cars seem to be a bit sought after here lately, as people are dubious of a UK car with the road salt and rust thing, so an HK car is probably better value for money price wise. One step down from an Aussie car perhaps? My HK car is, but thats a worthless backdate 😄👍

Henry Catchpole gets his first close-up look at Singer's $1.8m DLS Porsche 911 restomod and soaks in the screaming 9000rpm flat-six at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021. Subscribe for more Carfection videos

Porsche 911 DLS Reimagined By Singer: On-Board & Up-Close With The $1.8m Ultimate 911 | Carfection - YouTube

ps at 2.45min looks like it has a screw in the tyre!