996 suspension, brakes, seats and exhaust

reggiegums

Just bought a 996.1 C2.

Before I look OS, does anyone have:

• Decent (new or used) set of coilovers/shocks and lowering springs
  • GT3 or GT2 or pole position seats
  • An exhaust for more bark
  • Big brake kit or GT3/Turbo brakes, i'll consider them too please.

For the exhaust, you can't go past the Gundo Hack. It is the cheapest and the best sounding exhaust upgrade for a 996 I have heard ;)

Most of the full aftermarket solutions are far too loud and you will end up hating it.

26 minutes ago, MFX said:

For the exhaust, you can't go past the Gundo Hack. It is the cheapest and the best sounding exhaust upgrade for a 996 I have heard ;)

Most of the full aftermarket solutions are far too loud and you will end up hating it.

In no way disputing the ease and effectiveness of the Gundo hack I do not think that it is correct that most after market systems are necessarily far too loud.

I have a full system from Gemballa who are not exactly renowned for subtly and I have to disagree, a well engineered system should give you the best of both worlds with mild noise at lower revs and a nice burble at higher revs that is entirely pleasant. 

Driven at normal speeds my car would be no louder than most air cooled 911s and it is only at high revs or when driver is behaving juvenilely that it is super loud.

I am looking at a Kline exhaust. TGE tv (YouTube channel) has one on his C4S, his channel is worth a look. Sounds OEM plus but similar price point to a PSE. Shame PSE are so bloody expensive to retrofit, they sound great! If anyone has one laying around let me know 🤞😂

24 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

I am looking at a Kline exhaust. TGE tv (YouTube channel) has one on his C4S, his channel is worth a look. Sounds OEM plus but similar price point to a PSE. Shame PSE are so bloody expensive to retrofit, they sound great! If anyone has one laying around let me know 🤞😂

I have a Kline on my 996 turbo and ordered it to be fabbed with 100 cel HJS race cats.   I,m with @Carrera28.   Yes a lot of aftermarket exhausts are over the top loud, but like his Gembella, the Kline it not over the top when at idle, startup and driving under 3500 rpm.  Get on the throttle and once pass 5000rpm, the note from the mezger steps up another notch. 

1 hour ago, Carrera28 said:

In no way disputing the ease and effectiveness of the Gundo hack I do not think that it is correct that most after market systems are necessarily far too loud.

I have a full system from Gemballa who are not exactly renowned for subtly and I have to disagree, a well engineered system should give you the best of both worlds with mild noise at lower revs and a nice burble at higher revs that is entirely pleasant. 

Driven at normal speeds my car would be no louder than most air cooled 911s and it is only at high revs or when driver is behaving juvenilely that it is super loud.

Gundo hack is similar. nice subtle sound at idle but when you get up in the revs it sounds great, not stupidly loud. On the highway there is no drone.

I accept that the Gemballa and others can sound great, but considering the Gundo hack is a couple of hundred bucks (or a well placed case of beer) it is a very compelling option. I definitely can't handle a car that drones on the highway, so that is always a huge consideration for me, and crazy loud wears me down these days. Maybe I am just getting old :P

That all said and I am halfway through building a custom exhaust on Harry, my 911 hot rod, which I am quite concerned is going to be very loud :D

I also hate loud exhausts on cars and have the Gemballa full system on my 6.2 and it's great, not intrusive at all.  It's just a nice background soundtrack with zero drone on the highway (most of my driving), by far the prevailing noise in the cabin is road noise.

@michel's 6.2 exhaust on the other hand....  🤣

18 hours ago, MFX said:

For the money and whats available to me locally, it looks like the way to go.

• 1 month later...
On 01/07/2021 at 10:47, st3ve said:

I also hate loud exhausts on cars and have the Gemballa full system on my 6.2 and it's great, not intrusive at all.  It's just a nice background soundtrack with zero drone on the highway (most of my driving), by far the prevailing noise in the cabin is road noise.

@michel's 6.2 exhaust on the other hand....  🤣

Ha! It’s more fruity fruity than 

carmen 

IMG_1988.JPG