1974 911 Dashboard

Manni187

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring my dashboard on a 1974 911. There is a crack in the middle of the dash top. I am looking to either replace with new, or recover. I would like to know what method will be most authentic to the original design.

Option 1 - remove and send to dash doctor

Option 2 - remove and have vinyl wrapped(need to source correct vinyl for a 74)

Option 3 - replace with this item (speaker grill is incorrect) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223662348372?hash=item3413509854:g:iZcAAOSwWm9c8Fw1

I have attached photos of the dash below.

I am also looking at restoring/ replacing the glove box lid and front fascia panels.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank You.

2B681D6E-0E16-4E68-AC5C-2C09017D69F2.jpeg

ADD7B4B3-5D9C-4AF4-9E1D-EE5946FD9767.jpeg

I think the dash doctor was my original preference - but I am unsure how they would go about rectifying the foam material underneath - from what I understand vacuum formed is the way to go.

I couldn’t find the correct dashboard from dash original and the fibreglass isn't ideal.

The eBay listing has RHD versions but I will most likely need to source the speaker grille part from stoddards. Just unsure about quality.

Has anyone used the dash doctor - I’d like to have the dashboard in steel and as close to factory as possible.

Interestingly Porsche sell the dashboard new albeit with the later Center vents for quite a reasonable amount of anyone is looking.