Coolant for 996 turbo

BNR34

Hi all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what coolant to use on a 996 turbo? 

Last time we used genuine but it is expensive.

It looks like Penrite Blue might be suitable?

My mechanic reckons lots of people have add issues with aftermarket coolant and we should keep using genuine.

TIA

1 hour ago, BNR34 said:

Hi all.

TIA

That is what my mechanic has used following my recent clutch change and engine out stuff.  Of course a complete flush is required to remove all traces of the pink stuff in case of any potential incompatibility....  

On 19/07/2021 at 09:52, BNR34 said:

Hi all.

TIA

Whats the definition of expensive given our turbo's have  probably up 20-30% on paper.

each to their own on where you get your part from, but if you  that spend a bit of time playing around with cart and getting a shipping price ( refer to link below, (I given you 50% of the lead and done the hard work for you) and throw in  genuine air filters, cabin, oil etc ,  until the shipping cost bumps up to the next volumetric charge rate  you reckon thats expensive  as a package for GENUINE porsche parts even allowing for usd fx and shipping.    My experience is the premium for genuine porsche parts  if you know where to purchase, can be  had nearly for circa 10-15% more than local OE stuff.  ( aboun 30%-40 difference delear pricing) You just need to dollar cost average your shipping .  eg yeah buying that coolant standalone may be expensive, but chuck in you other service parts and that changes the equation

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/porsche-engine-coolant-antifreeze-97143001001