Beware, more ATO action

2 hours ago, Grimmy said:

Peter you were early with the scoop ! 

Lead article on ABC this morning!

ATO matches insurance info on luxury goods with declared incomes to catch out tax cheats - ABC News

Bugger Looks like the RS 4.0 will have to go 😁

IMG_0382.JPG

Nah, ABC was a week and a half behind the times 🙂  My copy and past was from a daily industry newsletter

Nothing new, they have just let us know they are spying on us. I am sure they have had this ability for many years.

If you have a car in your super fund beware. I was made to sell one out of my fund some years ago now. Was told not allowed to own it - after initially getting permission 

Your can own collectibles in your super fund.

What you can't do is gain any personal benefit from them today. That is.... Buy a piece of art or buy a car but neither can be able to be used in any form by you or a related party.

They could be leased for a period of time by a 3rd party (very common with art) or put in to a storage facility but you still are not able to gain any personal benefit from them today (for example you can not go and see them in your day to day activities). Any income and expenses associated with them are the super fund's.