996 turbo hollow rims.

Joz

8 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

yes - i thought they were a highly coveted updated hollow spoke. 

The correct Turbo Twists are hollow too.  But the C4S wheels are physically identical from the front , so it confuses some people (flip them around and you can see the reinforcing ribs and the fact they aren't hollow).  The Russian ones I posted above are proper hollow spoke Turbo Twists.

Your mate's are nice, but they need to be repainted for the anoraks... They didn't come in charcoal.

And FWIW I love those Sport Technos - they were an option for the C4S, but alas mine didn't have them.

3 hours ago, Fishcop said:

They were a rarer option for Turbos - they are a legit original wheel for a turbo. 

They were rare as with tyres fitted,  they were around an $8K option.

Don't ask me how I recall that figure...😂

Bonus is that they are extremely easy to clean...!

QMB5vR.jpg

2 hours ago, Fishcop said:

The correct Turbo Twists are hollow too.  But the C4S wheels are physically identical from the front , so it confuses some people (flip them around and you can see the reinforcing ribs and the fact they aren't hollow).  The Russian ones I posted above are proper hollow spoke Turbo Twists.

Your mate's are nice, but they need to be repainted for the anoraks... They didn't come in charcoal.

And FWIW I love those Sport Technos - they were an option for the C4S, but alas mine didn't have them.

I  have a set of Sport Techno's on  my turbo.    If contemplating for a turbo,  I would DYOR as some consider my car to be non roadworthy (the techno's are accompanied with factory spacers).  On a C4S, I understood direct bolton with no spacers.

5 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Yes, with numbers they are legit.

I would rather deal with locals though.

I missed a lovely mint set a little while back for a great price (less than that), but I was still in limbo with the car.

By the time the car came through wheels were sold 😱

11 hours ago, Joz said:

Yes, with numbers they are legit.

I would rather deal with locals though.

I missed a lovely mint set a little while back for a great price (less than that), but I was still in limbo with the car.

By the time the car came through wheels were sold 😱

To be clear @Joz, you're chasing numbers perfect Turbo Twists (not also correct Sport Technos) and not the non-hollow but visually identical C4S versions?  Happy to keep an eye out, but won't throw you ideas/ads with anything other than the TTs :)

XRC - Turbo techno wheels option on C4S $5290

My car however has the twists on it atm! Wonder if I can see if PCP can sus out the previous owner and see if they are still tucked away in a garage đŸ€”

76D01530-444D-44B6-99B4-C592765EBF2B.png

6 hours ago, Fishcop said:

To be clear @Joz, you're chasing numbers perfect Turbo Twists (not also correct Sport Technos) and not the non-hollow but visually identical C4S versions?  Happy to keep an eye out, but won't throw you ideas/ads with anything other than the TTs :)

💯👍

On 23/07/2021 at 07:33, mc968cs said:

If I had not bought my GT3 rims and tyres I would buy these.

I love them.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking

On 23/07/2021 at 20:35, smit2100 said:

I  have a set of Sport Techno's on  my turbo.    If contemplating for a turbo,  I would DYOR as some consider my car to be non roadworthy (the techno's are accompanied with factory spacers).  On a C4S, I understood direct bolton with no spacers.

I don't suppose you have the correct part numbers for those rims?

Are the offsets the same as the twists or perhaps sit little wider?

Why would the car be considered non roadworthy?