993 third brake light bulbs

pocketscience

Anyone know where I might find a handful of these bulbs? Whilst I'm re-attaching the third brake light (see other post) I figured I should replace the bulbs that have blown in the light strip. They're available from the US, but shipping (and timing) is a killer.

999-631-135-90_copy_copy.jpg

I found it was a waste of time replacing the globes and changed over to full LED lighting in my 993 build. Check out the Bergvill FX site. The image shows a replacement PCB with LED’s easy as to replace. Tor also has heaps of other LED stuff and HID headlight kits.

43FF5EFA-1359-4F8A-A448-1959BB214858.png

I'm aware of the LED options, including DIY (super simple and way cheaper than Tor's offering), but why a waste of time? Just wondering your rationale? I have 4 burnt bulbs, and they were like that when I bought the car ~7 years ago. I guess you're saying that I'll fix these, reassemble it and another will blow next week? C'est la vie. It is a bit of a PITA to disassemble, but I had to take it apart to fix the mounting pads anyway so fixing the bulbs is just an opportunistic fix.. I would have lived with the 4 blown bulbs for another 7 years.. :) 

@WB997.2GTS did you install the ballast Tor has? I don't know why he just didn't build the ballast into the LED strip...

The ballast is used to add load to the brake lighting circuit if you swap out all of the brake globes to LED otherwise the cruise control will not engage. My understanding is that it is not required if only the centre brake light is upgraded. STBC