Spotted (non-Porsche)

Do we have a thread for interesting stuff you've seen on the road that's not a Porker?

Canberra, Moreshead Drive this afternoon I caught glimpse of an unusual looking set of rear lights between rows of traffic.  "Fezza"?
Sure enough, zipping past I caught glipse of a black Ferrari FF in the slip lane onto the Monaro Hwy.  Nice.  A bit like the BMW 'clown shoe' but nicer.

Not unlike this:

3115273.jpg

Saw this quirky but cool ( to me anyway) Smart Roadster? in an underground car park in Newton NE Adelaide. Remember a journalist competed in the Classic Adelaide many years ago when these were new. If I remember correctly he had a lot of fun. 

07C4C481-F800-4141-AB01-ADA669CCEBF3.jpeg

13 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Thanks - I really like them….then again also bought one of the matching bmw ‘bread vans’ or ‘clown shoes’ back in the day! 

Yeah, I really like the BM, so odd looking and sort of unloved for a while there due to odd looks.  Would have been great to pick one up when they were underappreciated.  Reminds me I vaccilated on a genuine e36 M3 sedan with a dead SMG for $12k.  Easy conversion back to manual on those.  Yep, kicking myself still.

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Saw this quirky but cool ( to me anyway) Smart Roadster? in an underground car park in Newton NE Adelaide. Remember a journalist competed in the Classic Adelaide many years ago when these were new. If I remember correctly he had a lot of fun.

One of our members (who has been a lot quiet lately though??) has one of these Roadsters, loves them.  Cool thing

5 hours ago, sjm said:

07C4C481-F800-4141-AB01-ADA669CCEBF3.jpeg

Might be someone I know, Mike https://instagram.com/dkubus.mike?utm_medium=copy_link

He's hill climbed his car at Mt Gambier Legend of the Lakes, and I vaguely recall he was/is going to fit an electric motor in his Smart car. Clever bloke who designs all sorts of car related stuff, including some of the rims Magnus Walker puts his name to

19 hours ago, LeeM said:

Might be someone I know, Mike https://instagram.com/dkubus.mike?utm_medium=copy_link

He's hill climbed his car at Mt Gambier Legend of the Lakes, and I vaguely recall he was/is going to fit an electric motor in his Smart car. Clever bloke who designs all sorts of car related stuff, including some of the rims Magnus Walker puts his name to

Bit of track, But this is a smart car kit.

16630410.jpg

On 04/08/2021 at 19:20, st3ve said:

Do we have a thread for interesting stuff you've seen on the road that's not a Porker?

Canberra, Moreshead Drive this afternoon I caught glimpse of an unusual looking set of rear lights between rows of traffic.  "Fezza"?
Sure enough, zipping past I caught glipse of a black Ferrari FF in the slip lane onto the Monaro Hwy.  Nice.  A bit like the BMW 'clown shoe' but nicer.

Not unlike this:

3115273.jpg

Station Wagons and Shooting Brakes are my guilty pleasure. A V12 GTC4Lusso would do nicely if money was unlimited.

On 04/08/2021 at 18:58, mc968cs said:

Thanks - I really like them….then again also bought one of the matching bmw ‘bread vans’ or ‘clown shoes’ back in the day! 

I'd love a clown shoe

On 06/08/2021 at 20:02, sleazius said:

Station Wagons and Shooting Brakes are my guilty pleasure. A V12 GTC4Lusso would do nicely if money was unlimited.

No need to feel guilty... my last 3 cars - Saab 9-5 Aero Sportwagon, e39 530i MSport Touring, B8 A4 Quattro Avant.  Yeah I love the wagons.  One of those Fezzas would do me nicely, or even a Panamera Sport Turismo, Taycan Cross Turismo... budget a slight issue and besides one of the things I love about the euro wagons is how under the radar they fly.  I'd love an e39 M5 or e46 M3 Touring...

17 hours ago, st3ve said:

No need to feel guilty... my last 3 cars - Saab 9-5 Aero Sportwagon, e39 530i MSport Touring, B8 A4 Quattro Avant.  Yeah I love the wagons.  One of those Fezzas would do me nicely, or even a Panamera Sport Turismo, Taycan Cross Turismo... budget a slight issue and besides one of the things I love about the euro wagons is how under the radar they fly.  I'd love an e39 M5 or e46 M3 Touring...

M3 touring in 2022 could be of interest. I can't stand the oversize grill but I might just have to grin and bear it.

Would love a Sport Turismo or Cross Turismo, but that'd eat into my 911 budget ;)

2022-bmw-m3-touring-render-1.thumb.jpg.20cc48698db93e81fa1f79692b235394.jpg

On 08/08/2021 at 19:43, sleazius said:

M3 touring

Have always loved the idea of an M3 Touring, but the whole frontal area of the new model is hideous. 

On 06/08/2021 at 20:02, sleazius said:

Station Wagons and Shooting Brakes are my guilty pleasure.

Totally with you. 

RS4 Avant ftw 

• 1 month later...