991 Exhaust upgrade

CR0911

Hey guys, I have a 991 Carrera S and was looking into upgrading the stock exhaust. I have been to Porsche Brighton ViC who have quoted $5800 to supply and fit the Porsche Sports Exhaust with console button. I have asked if I get an aftermarket system on from elsewhere if it will void my extended warranty to which they said it will. Im reluctant to void the warranty but wondering if anyone else has been in the same position or can offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

I also forgot to mention that relates to anything changed on the car!

If you take into account the fact that you will be able to sell off your existing mufflers, that will lessen the hip pocket burden. Plus, to be honest, a pair of sport mufflers are not far off that figure anyway. Plus you ensure no drone and not to annoy your neighbours in the early morning ;) 

Might as well see whether Melbourne can do any better - Good luck!

38 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I also forgot to mention that relates to anything changed on the car!

If you take into account the fact that you will be able to sell off your existing mufflers, that will lessen the hip pocket burden. Plus, to be honest, a pair of sport mufflers are not far off that figure anyway. Plus you ensure no drone and not to annoy your neighbours in the early morning ;) 

Might as well see whether Melbourne can do any better - Good luck!

Thanks P-Kay I will call Melbourne PC and see if they can do better. I will mention that I am a (newly joined) Porsche Club VIC member and see if that helps also.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you end up getting the PSE @CR0911? Did you manage to get a better price?

I have just bought a 991 Carrera S and I’m thinking about an upgrade as it doesn’t have PSE.

I’m already out of warranty, so aftermarket would not necessarily be a problem.

Would people suggest going with the PSE with console button or are there better options out there? I like the idea of the console button.

24 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Did you end up getting the PSE @CR0911? Did you manage to get a better price?

I have just bought a 991 Carrera S and I’m thinking about an upgrade as it doesn’t have PSE.

I’m already out of warranty, so aftermarket would not necessarily be a problem.

Would people suggest going with the PSE with console button or are there better options out there? I like the idea of the console button.

@Marcus yes I have gone with the PSE and console button. I called all of the Melbourne dealers and Doncaster came back with the best price. It’s coming ex Germany so still waiting for the parts to arrive. 

• 4 months later...