Dash LCD issue

Gnrnr

I jumped in the car last week and noticed a bright yellow lit squiggly patch on the lower right hand side of the centre screen.  Has anyone seen this before?  Getting in the car again today and it has become worse.

IMG_0367[1].JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Spread further, but it also looks like some areas have "healed" themselves.  This is after about a week sitting outside.  i might try getting a heater into the car and leave it there for a day or so.  I've seen a few suggestions regarding moisture and maybe bumping the temp up to say 40°C for a day or so will help.

IMG_0369[1].JPG

• 2 months later...
On 27/08/2021 at 13:47, Gnrnr said:

Spread further, but it also looks like some areas have "healed" themselves.  This is after about a week sitting outside.  i might try getting a heater into the car and leave it there for a day or so.  I've seen a few suggestions regarding moisture and maybe bumping the temp up to say 40°C for a day or so will help.

IMG_0369[1].JPG

Almost looks like the Nurburgring!!!

22 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Almost looks like the Nurburgring!!!

I was going to say a Strava overlay...

The self-healing is interesting.  I hope it just buggers off after a while but if not a repair should not be impossible.  I've removed the cluster from my 996 which was extremely easy, 987 presumably not too different.  There are various places around who will repair cluster faults like this.
I used these guys to repair the LCD of the climate module, and also the ABS module in my SAAB:
https://injectronics.com.au/
Both were quick, cheap and worked fine for years if I recall.  It was many years back but they still appear to be there so probably still doing a good job.

• 3 weeks later...

With the weather warming up it seems to be starting to self heal somewhat.  I can live with it for now, but I'll obviously have to fix it should the worst ever happen and I decide to sell it.... :D  For now that is the worst i can think of.  Sad thing is looking at the ODO I only got another 3,000km since August on it.... :(

IMG_0396[1].JPG

I had the same problem when I bought my car with the LCD issue appearing on my climate control unit display. Initially I dismantled the unit and coloured out the bbackside of the LCD display with a permanent marker, which looked okay at a glance, but it looked shoddy. I bought a replacement LCD panel from Partworks.de - Took a while to come out during these Covid-impacted times, but the swap over was quick enough and it looks brand new again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

No it didn't.   I was musing just last week that it didn't come back at all this year.  Car was stored pretty much the same, though driven a lot less this year so far.  Looking at the ODO in the pics I have only done about 15,000km so far this year.  Need to lift my game.