Which Throttle Bell Crank for Webbers?

tk111

Hi PFA,

I recently became aware that the stock bell crank on my 79sc is not ideal for the Webbers.

Which totally makes sense, because I have always felt that I really had to mash the pedal to get WOT.

Does anyone know which is the correct part for a Carburettor setup, I know it is said to go for the 'early model' but I don't know which?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

1118204454_ScreenShot2021-08-18at3_32_18pm.png.8c0b2be649c2ebd7534c3c443fad4db3.png

I recall having a similar issue when I changed out engines and gearboxes in my 69 (sporto to manual).  There are two bell cranks, one on the gearbox and another on the engine and the changes relate to Solex/Weber/Zenith/MFI/CIS variants.  And as you'll have discovered, there are no markings on the cranks, and you're spot on - you can't get WOT with the wrong linkage.  When you put the variants together you can clearly see the differences in both offset angle and radius arm length.  Think I resolved my issues by replacing the lot with a full set of PMO-Weber linkages (which also resolved a lot of slop from the old ball and sockets).

18 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I recall having a similar issue when I changed out engines and gearboxes in my 69 (sporto to manual).  There are two bell cranks, one on the gearbox and another on the engine and the changes relate to Solex/Weber/Zenith/MFI/CIS variants.  And as you'll have discovered, there are no markings on the cranks, and you're spot on - you can't get WOT with the wrong linkage.  When you put the variants together you can clearly see the differences in both offset angle and radius arm length.  Think I resolved my issues by replacing the lot with a full set of PMO-Weber linkages (which also resolved a lot of slop from the old ball and sockets).

Thanks @Fishcop I didn't realise that PMO had a set of linkages.. I'll go down that rabbit hole next..
Cheers