Show us your garage

8 minutes ago, MFX said:

Very cool. I am also a fan of the rustic barn look.

Well ya halfway there mate. Just stop cleaning up 👍 😅

Seriously though, I did a job last year at a blokes house and he also wanted the timber look in his garage instead of his normal steel framed one. The quote he got for shed demo and timber rebuild was ridiculous and theres no way he could afford it, so I suggested to fit timber panels to hide his existing frame. He went for that instead, and it turned out fantastic. Think they used 18mm pine and just bolted it to the frame with some decent screws to give the original look. Sadly I didn't get to be involved, but the bosses hand didn't shake when he got paid!

Knew I shoulda done a cashy there 🙄

There are a number places in Sydney that do second hand and reclaimed timber flooring and cladding , when I did my brothers man cave we got a huge bundle of mixed sizes and lengths of recycled stuff for $500 , took a little longer to instal as we had to mix and match boards to make it all work , but he ended up with the effect he wanted and it turned out great with some old corro iron as feature wall   ..

He has it deck out know with pool table in middle,,, old latins , rabbit traps ,, old tins ,,cans,bottles and other old stuff from years paste , looks cool 

IMG_3336.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3438.JPG

My shed is halfway to this style - has internal buildings that are built out of recycled materials, fence palings, old tin, old windows. I couldn't find a photo prior to putting pins in there so try to ignore them. The new shed will kick that style up a notch though.

barn2018.thumb.jpg.8cb06b570601128b7802bcd2361f70f2.jpg

My existing garages

garage_area.thumb.jpg.3e27edc5e3f32e825b46f5cd48aeaca8.jpg

On 20/08/2021 at 17:00, MFX said:

That is a really nice clean set up, I wish my garage could be that clean, but I know myself and that is never going to happen :D

I have also been looking at those lights for my garage, as I am always looking for more light when filming. 

Hi Jeff,

I managed to source the lighting directly from the manufacturer, not from the re-seller in Qld.....

The good thing is, its modular - so you can add and move if you want to. Provides good clean shadowless light.

Im not a Videographer or even much of a photo guy but the quality is spot on.

Simon

45 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

I have looked at all these garages and what I find amazing is that nobody owns a lawn mower !!

The lawn mower and whipper are stored behind the mancave in their own little storage locker :Chuckle2:

I have a ride on so it has it's own dodgy garden shed.

I realised pretty quickly that mowers take up too much floor space. So when I first built my shed, I made a long work bench built to the wall and deliberately had no shelves under it so things like the lawn mower, petrol pressure washer, etc, could live underneath on the floor.

2 hours ago, MFX said:

I have a ride on so it has it's own dodgy garden shed.

And I thought I was lazy having a self drive mower!

Wish my lawn was big enough to need a ride on, but I'd be doing skids on it all the time being the child that I am 🙄

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

And I thought I was lazy having a self drive mower!

Wish my lawn was big enough to need a ride on, but I'd be doing skids on it all the time being the child that I am 🙄

If you saw how big and steep my back yard is you would understand. I did it once with a push mower and that was enough ;)

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Same, though unlike Jeff's, mine is just a suburban block on 800sq so my lawns aren't that big...thankfully! Hate gardening with a passion 

800sqm is huge compared to some of the blocks they are selling in these horrible new estates. Most are about 350sqm.

1 hour ago, MFX said:

800sqm is huge compared to some of the blocks they are selling in these horrible new estates. Most are about 350sqm.

Next door to me was 1000sqm corner block (as is mine) was sold at $550k, and they fitted 4 boxes on there. Sold each for $495k, and the bloke next to me had to sell his old Statesmam, as it doesn't fit in the carport 😅 Onsite at a recently finished 'house' near my joint coupla weeks ago, 280sqm block. $650k and they can't fit a Toyota Kluger in the carport, so they're turning it into another room. 

It's bloody ridiculous