Show us your garage

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Next door to me was 1000sqm corner block (as is mine) was sold at $550k, and they fitted 4 boxes on there. Sold each for $495k, and the bloke next to me had to sell his old Statesmam, as it doesn't fit in the carport 😅 Onsite at a recently finished 'house' near my joint coupla weeks ago, 280sqm block. $650k and they can't fit a Toyota Kluger in the carport, so they're turning it into another room. 

It's bloody ridiculous 

..and then you have the issue that the frontage is so small you can basically only fit one car in the driveway and one in front of your house... but everyone has at least 2 cars the fights when someone else parks in 'your spot' on the street in front of your house. Nightmare!

19 minutes ago, MFX said:

..and then you have the issue that the frontage is so small you can basically only fit one car in the driveway and one in front of your house... but everyone has at least 2 cars the fights when someone else parks in 'your spot' on the street in front of your house. Nightmare!

Yep. A girl across the road has a really nice WRX, but can't park in her carport, so she also turned it into a room. She applied to council for a pergola to cover her car but they rejected it, as it would ruin the frontage of all four townhouses 🙄 Our street is quite wide and had a wide median strip they turned into 16 carparks which are now usually full for the exact reason you mentioned. Council consulted us whether we had any concerns, so I asked if they could move the nature strip kerbing 3m to the right from their original plans, as that way there would be no chance of us reversing out of our driveway into a parked car. No problems, they amended the plan. Got home one day, and the kerbing guys hadn't seen amended plans and wouldn't move anything, even after council visited site to tell them to move it. Doesn't bother me really, as to say sorry,  the council fixed my driveway for nothing saving me a few grand, and they also told me my mancave and shed extension hadn't had council approval (they looked it up) which I didn't know about when I bought the place 11 years ago, but they turned a blind eye to it and wouldn't take any action. I'd be devastated if I had to knock it down, as it would take a year to clean up all the crap! 

My mates garage in Europe. Pretty much owns every R/RS/RSR ever made including an original R from 1967. It's an awe inspiring place. There are multiple rooms and every one contains unbelievable stuff. He was kind enough to let me store my modest collection of 6 Porsches there so every trip to his garage to pick up one of my cars was pretty special.

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

On 21/08/2021 at 20:19, spiller said:

@on_booost that looks epic. Mind sharing where you sourced the LED lighting and flooring? I always thought I’d go with Swisstrax but your system looks more robust.

@spiller

The LED's I sourced direct from the manufacturer in China, Happy to PM details - LMK?

The flooring is a WeatherTech product - Techfloor - I used to be the distributer in AU - Mr McNeil and I didn't see eye to eye about a few things.

Its a shame - its a nice product, EXTREMELY well made (actually made in the US) great modular system with lots of configurations and colours. 

I still have a few pallets left - LMK if you want any info or samples etc.

Simon

Yep, thats him. Big guy but boy can he drive! Flogs the crap out of his cars. And he only know one way around a corner and thats sideways.

Here are some additional shots of my cars (964 RS, 991.2 RS, 997.2 RS, GT3 Touring) in his garage. I personally like the shot of my 964 RS nose to nose with his 964 RS 3.8 that was taken for a magazine.

IMG_3176 (1).jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

9 hours ago, Raven said:

Yeh that is like heaven , I could spend hours in there just looking :Beer:

Stuff that, hand me the keys! 😁

17 hours ago, WGA said:

Yep, thats him. Big guy but boy can he drive! Flogs the crap out of his cars. And he only know one way around a corner and thats sideways.

Here are some additional shots of my cars (964 RS, 991.2 RS, 997.2 RS, GT3 Touring) in his garage. I personally like the shot of my 964 RS nose to nose with his 964 RS 3.8 that was taken for a magazine.

IMG_3176 (1).jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

Did you bring these out with you? Very very nice collection.

I was there with Lee Sibley when he did the interview. In parrallel, he also did a feature story on a couple of my cars for Total911 magazine.

17 hours ago, sleazius said:

Stuff that, hand me the keys! 😁

Did you bring these out with you? Very very nice collection.

No I didn’t. After much to ing and fro ing, I decided to sell them all off rather than have to pay the OZ gov a large lump of money. Took me 10 years to collect but had to sell due to OZ gov greed. Although philosophically, it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

On 24/08/2021 at 16:58, edgy said:

Mine is a little clinical at the moment, I need to pull the finger out and get onto the stackers, and think about some aesthetic... but motivation is non existent for anything car related at the moment!

thumbnail_IMG_8366.thumb.jpg.42a2b464a1c29a676327bced8cafe587.jpg

Great space. But given the other photos you need to lift your game... :)

• 3 months later...