Mission R – the all-electric concept racecar

Raven

I like the Use of all the carbon fibre materials in the different finish,s Matt , gloss and satin , and as a design concept I like it , my problem is I am just not a fan of the Electric car even though I fully understand that this is the the future of motoring and motorsport in the next decade ,and Porsche are pretty much at the Pinnacle of the electric sports car and sports racer ...

Australian motor sport and Cams need to start thinking about this , currently as far as I know electrics are not allowed ,,something to do with the different  fire and safety constraints that go with EV race cars ,, "YEH" no brainer train your fire Marshals and officials up ...

I know Radical trialed a full electric version off one off their cars at SMSP quite some time ago , never really heard much about the out come , it all went quite quiet ...????

^^^
Motorsport Australia would have to do more than think about this. Battery cars require recharging so you have two options. 
1) Have the tracks upgrade their power infrastructure by about 100 fold. This upgrade needs to go all the way to a major substation at a minimum and would come at a huge expense and be overall an under utilised asset(liability). 
2) Fill the paddock with 200 to 500  KW diesel generators as there would need to be enough to be charging 3/4 of the cars at any given time. They could move from event to event also using diesel.
A fully EV event is nothing but a pipe dream. And even a 30 car field at a meeting would be a logistics nightmare to get them all re-charged.

Pretty much the same as a full EV fleet. 5-10% of the fleet goes EV, the grid falls over. The only way around it is to up the grid capacity by double the current amount, and on top of that, all EVs would have to have their charging controlled centrally. In other words, if you need it charged now, maybe you can charge it, maybe you can't. You are no longer in control of when the car is charged.