blue_ixxi

Central locking remote duplication

So my 930 has an old rickety central locking remote. Works fine, but needs a few press of the button before it registered the click and I worry one day it is going to just die on me mid-drive.

Showed it to my local mister mint guy and he said it can't be duplicated. There are 1000s of central locking remote and its impossible to find the frequency/ code to duplicate it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can this be done? Any recommendations who can do it in Sydney?

I would hate to change the central locking just to have a newer remote fob.

20210907_170818.jpg

3 minutes ago, blue_ixxi said:

So my 930 has an old rickety central locking remote. Works fine, but needs a few press of the button before it registered the click and I worry one day it is going to just die on me mid-drive.

Showed it to my local mister mint guy and he said it can't be duplicated. There are 1000s of central locking remote and its impossible to find the frequency/ code to duplicate it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can this be done? Any recommendations who can do it in Sydney?

I would hate to change the central locking just to have a newer remote fob.

20210907_170818.jpg

Not a porsche,But my ford ute remote started doing this some time ago, So pulled it apart and had a gork, And what had happened was a corner of the pressure button contact where it is soldered to the mother board had broken, Which is why it takes a couple of goes to actervate it , A little dab of solder on the break, Brand new .

Tomo's fix is very common and worth trying first.

I've had success purchasing a new remote for an alarm system that was installed 10 years ago.

I searched online for the specific alarm instructions and found a sequence to go through when synchronising a new remote to the existing system.  Basically several turns of the ignition key and then press the new remote button to sync when the blinkers flash a certain number of times.  I expect it differs for individual models but from what I understand the remote synchronises with the existing alarm frequency.

When the remote arrived it had similar instructions, not exactly the same as the alarm instructions but all worked fine in the end and no worries about the alarm locking me out due to a poor quality remote.

15 hours ago, Stepo said:

Tomo's fix is very common and worth trying first.

I've had success purchasing a new remote for an alarm system that was installed 10 years ago.

I searched online for the specific alarm instructions and found a sequence to go through when synchronising a new remote to the existing system.  Basically several turns of the ignition key and then press the new remote button to sync when the blinkers flash a certain number of times.  I expect it differs for individual models but from what I understand the remote synchronises with the existing alarm frequency.

When the remote arrived it had similar instructions, not exactly the same as the alarm instructions but all worked fine in the end and no worries about the alarm locking me out due to a poor quality remote.

I have also heard that disemboweling a chicken and hurling it’s entrails at the car whilst undertaking this sequence virtually assures the success of the process.