Good evening

I am moving house   

I have more space.

Therefore, looking to sell 2 if not all 3 of my Tuff Lift 4 post hoists. They are fully assembled.

$2750 and you collect

They will fit onto the back of a tilt tray tow truck in their assembled state

Picture below.  Cars for illustrative purposes only ..

89FC9348-E371-41F2-885A-A9D7A41FAB0C.jpeg

22 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

That was fast.  Just as an aside @Skidmarks - for the two 997 RS variants - which do you enjoy more / and which would you keep if could only have 1? 

This may surprise some but, the 2007

I’ve thought about it before and have often driven them back to back.

Objectively the 2010 is the better car - Porsche doesn’t go backwards when it releases a new model

Why the 07?  Short answer, the engine.  Seems sweeter, more lively.  That’s subjective but I suspect it’s  down to the capacity.  And loads of development on and off track.  The engine is the same as for the GT3 so anyone with one, you know what I’m saying   

That said, the 2010 is a weapon.  Best of breed and all that stuff. With the 3.8 it’s closer to the Cup Car so when it’s balls to the w … on track I’d take it.

I’m very fortunate. I love both. 

And in an odd way, they both have the direct tactility of a long hood.  The DNA is strong.  

In effect, you’re asking me to choose between the wife and the gi ….. erm, kids …

9 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

This may surprise some but, the 2007

I’ve thought about it before and have often driven them back to back.

Objectively the 2010 is the better car - Porsche doesn’t go backwards when it releases a new model

Why the 07?  Short answer, the engine.  Seems sweeter, more lively.  That’s subjective but I suspect it’s  down to the capacity.  And loads of development on and off track.  The engine is the same as for the GT3 so anyone with one, you know what I’m saying   

That said, the 2010 is a weapon.  Best of breed and all that stuff. With the 3.8 it’s closer to the Cup Car so when it’s balls to the w … on track I’d take it.

I’m very fortunate. I love both. 

And in an odd way, they both have the direct tactility of a long hood.  The DNA is strong.  

In effect, you’re asking me to choose between the wife and the gi ….. erm, kids …

Surely the lack of “sticky buttons” on the .2 gets it just over the line 😁😆

I'm building a house next year and want to put a hoist in.  How high would I need to make the garage door rails to accommodate? Ceiling height is 3.7m but I feel like the door rails are going to be limiting factor as I can't go back much further (only 6.2m long) and need to be able to walk through the back side in to house. 

9 hours ago, Mondo74 said:

I'm building a house next year and want to put a hoist in.  How high would I need to make the garage door rails to accommodate? Ceiling height is 3.7m but I feel like the door rails are going to be limiting factor as I can't go back much further (only 6.2m long) and need to be able to walk through the back side in to house. 

@Skidmarks  Wow they sold quick.  I am thinking of installing a lift for car storage in the new house we are building so I have a similar question as Mondo 74 above.  What height would I need as well.  If you do consider selling the 3rd lift in a few months please let me know

10 hours ago, Mondo74 said:

I'm assuming a sectional lift garage door? 

55 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

@Skidmarks  Wow they sold quick.  I am thinking of installing a lift for car storage in the new house we are building so I have a similar question as Mondo 74 above.  What height would I need as well.  If you do consider selling the 3rd lift in a few months please let me know

Short answer is as high as possible. This will depend on the type of garage door and the desired height above and below the lift (pending what size of car you plan to park in either space). 

In either case, there are a few variables and details that would need to be worked out in order to determine a definitive height in for each instance. 

On 19/09/2021 at 18:28, Skidmarks said:

Good evening

I am moving house   

I have more space.

Therefore, looking to sell 2 if not all 3 of my Tuff Lift 4 post hoists. They are fully assembled.

$2750 and you collect

They will fit onto the back of a tilt tray tow truck in their assembled state

Picture below.  Cars for illustrative purposes only ..

89FC9348-E371-41F2-885A-A9D7A41FAB0C.jpeg

I will have both , cars and hoists , you can make your move much easier without them 

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

But if I sell them, I won’t need to move …

Sound logical, think of the stamp duty on the new house and the agents fees ... you could give me a discount too, then we would all be happy..   I see you in an apartment on the goldcoast mate .. you can drive up here....and keep the family nest in Melbourne.      The tarmacs hotter up here , gotta be better driving.

6 minutes ago, symsy said:

Sound logical, think of the stamp duty on the new house and the agents fees ... you could give me a discount too, then we would all be happy..   I see you in an apartment on the goldcoast mate .. you can drive up here....and keep the family nest in Melbourne.      The tarmacs hotter up here , gotta be better driving.

Your powers of persuasion are immense. 

The thing is, I’m actually going to a bigger factory...!

Having acquired a transporter (naturally), the kids Karting trailer and a couple of race cars that I shouldn’t have ...

Flat in surfers?   Mmmm. I’m yet to hit 60 so not sure I fit the demographic.  

That and I’d see the same people there as I do when I’m here!

11 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Erm ... I did some man maths and ... turns out I need them ...

Purchaser was a great person but they didn’t fit so they were back with me

I did some calcs and if I gather up all stock from the various places they’re in right now - (cough) I need them

Idiot ... 

Ok you can keep the hoist and I will still take the car , wont you be needing a place for the new puppy 

On 20/09/2021 at 09:47, Mondo74 said:

Honestly talk to the Tuff Lift guys. They can work it out exactly so you don’t have any surprises. I knocked down an old garage not long ago and built a new slightly taller one in its place just so I could fit the lift. My builder worked with Tuff Lift and the garage door folks to get a perfect fit. I still have storage above the lift, and I use the lift to get to it.

8360BF3C-0117-43E9-A296-53CB31F0D2AC.jpeg

44 minutes ago, pocketscience said:

Honestly talk to the Tuff Lift guys. They can work it out exactly so you don’t have any surprises. I knocked down an old garage not long ago and built a new slightly taller one in its place just so I could fit the lift. My builder worked with Tuff Lift and the garage door folks to get a perfect fit. I still have storage above the lift, and I use the lift to get to it.

8360BF3C-0117-43E9-A296-53CB31F0D2AC.jpeg

That green is amazing!

A panel door can be made to any height you want, it just depends on the depth of your pockets, i just did mine.

My door is 4.5 metres wide and 2700mm high at the bottom of the lintel with 3100mm ceiling heights, but when you build you need to stipulate that the rails and guides for the door run as tight as possible to the ceiling. If you take a close look at the door, the whole top panel is useless but it allows me to get the height into the garage that i need as i will be putting in a hoist as well. I'm going to put in a single arm lift to accomodate my 997 GT3 and a VH SL/E.

Its going to be tight but it fits

On 20/09/2021 at 09:47, Mondo74 said:

On 20/09/2021 at 19:44, Lucky Phil said:

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg