STUTTFEST is now a TRACK’FEST

Skidmarks

This one deserves a new thread.

The plan?

Cars and Cabernet but lots more cars and other stuff.

Why?  Why not?  

Yes, its a weekend to race, but only how you want to.  You don’t have to race, you can come, display, look.  The journey there can be as good as what you’ll be a part of when you get there.

STUTT’FEST 2022

The  Event

THis is a motoring festival of all things Porsche. Importantly though, this is an event created and delivered by Porsche enthusiasts for all those who share a passion, be that experienced racers, club sprint competitors, daily drivers or advocates of the marque.

It’s an opportunity to compete, get plenty of track time, display historic legends or just simply enjoy the spectacle in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere of camaraderie.

This is an event we can all look forward to after a tumultuous last 2 years, lifting our collective spirits and reinforcing friendships, creating new ones and making connections we can all look forward to renewing in the years to come.

Now let’s face it, we’re talking Porschephiles here! So, the on-track activities will be serious, and will cater for all levels of experience and motivations but the underlying element that is the DNA of this event is relaxed fun.

BUT - you won’t need a black tie or cocktail dress for this weekend, just bring your casual clothes, your gear and your sense of humour.  Packing list should start with 4 pairs of undergarments, 4 T shirts, 2 pairs of shorts (one “dress”) one pair shoes.  Not sure there’s a lot left actually …

For those not donning a helmet for the track there will be a multitude of Porsche related special vehicles, trade displays and other activities to keep everyone engaged.

The inaugural 2022 STUTT’FEST will run over 3 days at Winton Raceway in Victoria in mid January 2022 and has already attracted solid commitment from a wide range of key stakeholders.

STUTT’FEST 2022

The Delivery

The team behind STUTT’FEST have a solid track record in delivering successful motoring events Australia wide. Most relevantly being Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and functionally Formula 1, V8 Supercars, Bathurst 12 Hour, Porsche Carrera Cup Australia and much more.

The combination of track, event promotion and event delivery experience as a core management team ensures every aspect of execution has been well considered. The depth of current experience in motor racing specifically with Porsche, track management and its related industries is significant and broad.

Jodi Zylstra
Event Director

Sven Burchartz (Skidmarks)
Management and Legal

Steven Kepper
Marketing & Communications

Terry Knight
Event Management

Richard Craill
Broadcast & Social Media

Chris Lewis Williams
Winton Raceway Management

Prue Payne
Winton Raceway Management

STUTT’FEST 2022

What’s Happening At The Event

On-track

As we are celebrating all things Porsche, consideration has been given to the various groupings for on-track competition activities that not only captures the brand, but also keeps in mind relevant motor sport regulations around licensing, scrutineering and speed differentials.

To ensure that there is a fair representation of the marque entries will be open for the following:-
 • 944’s
• IROC compliant vehicles
• Race cars - if it’s got a log book and doesn’t fit in the other categories, this is the place!  Will have some very tasty cars and a very diverse field
• GT3 Cup cars from 996 through to 991 Cup cars
• Classic Race Cars

In order to especially cater for road registered models for those wanting some track time, there’s a way to participate in an InterClub Challenge (think state of origin) by way of a Regularity style event.  You set your time, and drive to it, or if you’re like me, don’t and bust out laps!  It’s likely that there will be a couple of fields to make sure cars and driver of similar pace are out at the same time.

Final on-track groupings will be subject to entries, however, if it is a Porsche and you want to run it, we will find a place for it!

Also, the day before formal festivities begin will be a entrants only practice day where you can blow out the cobwebs and dial in the fun.

Off-track

Off-track there will be a show’n’shine, fine food and various displays....but most importantly good wholesome fun with like-minded people

We’ve built a holding site where you can go and register your interest and when entries open formally, you’ll be contacted.

So, head to stuttfest.com.au

You’ll also see things through Facebook and Instagram.

This event will be one that happens every year and will also be able to go to other states.

I hope it’s something that floats your boat.  Not quite the track day I was looking at but I thought, its been a while since there was a Porsche event that revolved around motorsport heritage so, rather tha wait for other, I decided I’d have a crack …

I’m either going to take a bath or be a visionary …

Hope to see you there.

Stay tuned …

7 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

Nice work everyone involved. What’s the go to accomodation? 

Thanks!

Winton Raceway is working with local operators and the plan is for the updated website to have links to accommodation options. 

Apparently the locals work closely with each other to help people and each other out.

30 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thks, EOI in, room booked, boat next.  Mate's interest rekindled, he might come with his RSR rather than his RS.  I'll try to wind a few more Taswegians up...........

Excellent.  He could bring both …

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thks, EOI in, room booked, boat next.  Mate's interest rekindled, he might come with his RSR rather than his RS.  I'll try to wind a few more Taswegians up...........

I had to check my reservation, but it was correct; check in Thursday 13th Jan, check out Sunday 16th… yes rally the tas troops,   see you there! 

EOI in too, thanks @Skidmarks let’s hope take 2 goes well for the NSW contingent! 🙏🏻 

2 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Registered interest.  Sounds great - goodonya for setting it up.  Search for accomm begins.

Skids - family friendly or don't bother?  The rennsport had a family vibe but I'd planned to go solo to the last one.

Family friendly for sure

We’re looking at local tour/experience options for family if they’ve had enough of hearing us all tell each other how good/fast we are/were 

However, the vibe will be hang out, look around, chat, eat and ... hang out, look around, chat, eat ... hang out ... 

Part of the program will have rides at the end of each day so depending on minimum age limits, there will be a chance to get family/friends into the car with you

Not intended to be a boys weekend.  Can be if you want but I’m bringing my family ...

3 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Family friendly for sure

We’re looking at local tour/experience options for family if they’ve had enough of hearing us all tell each other how good/fast we are/were 

However, the vibe will be hang out, look around, chat, eat and ... hang out, look around, chat, eat ... hang out ... 

Part of the program will have rides at the end of each day so depending on minimum age limits, there will be a chance to get family/friends into the car with you

Not intended to be a boys weekend.  Can be if you want but I’m bringing my family ...

Perfect - thanks....will bring some along.

12 minutes ago, spiller said:

Awesome! Can anyone indicate some viable accommodation options/general area to stay if one was wanting to attend from Adelaide with family? Have been to Winton once a few years ago but my knowledge of the area and it's relation to Melbourne is poor.

Most of us have booked Glider City Motel mate. 

12 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

but I’m bringing my family ...

12 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Perfect - thanks....will bring some along.

37 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Keen to bring Family. 

Looks like I have to approach the discussion of a 6+ hour road trip in my wife's "favourite car" 😂 I am pretty sure the response will be you drive, I'll fly... 

30 minutes ago, spiller said:

Can anyone indicate some viable accommodation options/general area to stay if one was wanting to attend from Adelaide with family?

15 minutes ago, edgy said:

Yep @spiller, stayed at Glider City last time. Humble place but fresh and clean. Motel management was great, family friendly with a pool and BBQ area. All except for that rowdy bunch with the noisy GT3's ...

20 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Yep @spiller, stayed at Glider City last time. Humble place but fresh and clean. Motel management was great, family friendly with a pool and BBQ area. All except for that rowdy bunch with the noisy GT3's ...

Who you calling rowdy!!!  From memory you were there too, mind you, I think 2/3rd of the people staying there had them 🙂   Great collection of RS's for sure 🙂 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

Awesome! Can anyone indicate some viable accommodation options/general area to stay if one was wanting to attend from Adelaide with family? Have been to Winton once a few years ago but my knowledge of the area and it's relation to Melbourne is poor.

If you don’t have luck there, they will put you onto someone else.  They share information.  Sort of like a cartel but without the price collusion.  

40 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

If you don’t have luck there, they will put you onto someone else.  They share information.  Sort of like a cartel but without the price collusion.  

Suggest people look and book sooner than later.  I was told there is an area family re-union on the same weekend (how dare they!!!) so the sooner you book the more likely you'll get something closer to Winton

9 hours ago, edgy said:

Looks like I have to approach the discussion of a 6+ hour road trip in my wife's "favourite car" 😂 I am pretty sure the response will be you drive, I'll fly... 

I've offered third class seats in the defender towing a lump behind (lets call it 8 hours) to try & cut the hangers on down a little :)  Might be a busy weekend for the airport too....