STUTTFEST is now a TRACK’FEST

Skidmarks

3 hours ago, James P said:

Edit: if using Safari it may have some issues, go to file & new private window then go to the Stuttfest site & complete the form

Thanks... this got it to submit and payment taken! 

But no confirmation numbers or emails... just this thanking me for getting into contact and message/link asking me to download the supplementary regs, to which I have done 20 times today :lol: already. 

1045063375_ScreenShot2021-11-05at2_44_02pm.thumb.png.d7251e41b7587d2d79f2014e4f9f0041.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

STUTT’FEST 2022 POSTPONED

STUTT’FEST, a brand-new three-day festival celebrating all things Porsche, will move to a new position later in 2022 following a decision by organisers to postpone the event from its original January 14-16 date.

A very recent change in the management structure and events delivery team at Winton Motor Raceway, a key partner of the event, encouraged organisers to investigate a postponement of the event to ensure its successful delivery for competitors, partners and fans that had planned to attend.

Additional concerns around capacity and staffing issues from event services suppliers, plus ongoing border closures or restrictions potentially obstructing interstate competitors from attending, also played a role in making the decision to postpone the event.

The event has not been cancelled: STUTT’FEST organisers are committed to finding a new date which will include both on and off-track activities centered around the Porsche brand, later in 2022.

The new date will also reflect the 2022 national motorsport calendar to avoid clashes with major series’, including Supercars and Porsche Motorsport Australia category rounds, and other major events.

The desire is to allow for the maximum possible level of participation from club, state and national level competitors, fans from around the country and the event’s key partners. 

“While we are extremely disappointed to make this decision, ultimately we had to do what was best for the event moving forward,” said STUTT’FEST director, Sven Burchartz.

“Changes to the current management and event delivery team at Winton Motor Raceway, who have been a critical part of the event planning and execution, mean that we needed to push pause and look further forward. This will allow for more lead time so the STUTT’FEST team and our Winton Partners can deliver the exceptional event that we have planned.

“Launching an event in these times is difficult and we want the first year of STUTT’FEST to set the benchmark for years to come. We have no intention of putting on a sub-par event, so delaying for a brief period until later in 2022 is the most responsible decision for the Event, for Winton Motor Raceway and for our competitors and partners.”

After receiving more than 200 expressions of interest, entry numbers were strong and positive for the inaugural event with competitive on-track competition assured and a vibrant off-track scene also set to be part of the show.

However, feedback from some competitors indicated that a delay to later in the year would also ensure even broader grids and greater participation from Porsche enthusiasts across Australia.

“If anything, we are more confident around the STUTT’FEST concept now than we were before launching,” Sven Burchartz said.

"The reaction from competitors, from our partners who have all committed to supporting a new date, and from enthusiasts across Australia who wanted to be part of the event, has only given us more confidence that the concept is a good one.

“Postponing the event until later in the year will allow more people and more cars to be involved than they may have been in January and that is a positive thing.

“Our aim remains to put on the best and most successful event that we can, one that reflects and cements the multi-year deal between STUTT’FEST and Winton.

“We look forward to engaging with the new management at Winton, our partners, entrants and fans who have already supported the event to firm up a new date for STUTT’FEST moving forward.”

All existing STUTT’FEST entrants will be offered a full refund on their entry fee or will be able to roll their entry over to the rescheduled event.

Major partners, including Ascot Insurance, Porsche Centre Brighton & Doncaster, and those yet to be announced have all confirmed their ongoing support of the event.

STUTT’FEST organisers are targeting a new date, potentially in May or September pending final calendars from Supercars and other major national motorsport events.

For more information about STUTT’FEST, visit the official event website at www.stuttfest.com.au

That is the text of our press release.

Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this but as you can see, I had no choice.  We lost the ability to put on a proper show.  We only found out details yesterday.  Winton absolutely agreed with our position.

No doubt there will be loads of questions but we will have this thing. 

Thanks to all those who signed up and made arrangements.

I have personally taken the track for a day (either the 15th or the 16th) and we'll have ourselves an open pit lane for anyone who still wants to come and play.  PM me if you want to be a part of that.  Cars and Cabernet 2022  if you will ...

Apologies to you all if this has mucked you around.

12 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

That sucks Sven.  I'm in for C&C22 - will keep the accom booked. 

If it's on Sat there's still time for beers and recovery after...just saying..

Wounded but beer is the universal cure I hear ...

I’ve had a few PM’s already re the track day

As it’s a matter of public record, it’s easier if people email me confirmations at sburchartz@kkilawyers.com.au 

5 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

As it’s a matter of public record, it’s easier if people email me confirmations at sburchartz@kkilawyers.com.au 

Discussed tonight with my mate who is also booked to come over.   As everything is booked (boat etc) we're still considering coming over for a track day.  I like the idea of C&C Mk2

On 09/12/2021 at 17:29, Skidmarks said:

Bring on C & C mk2, if it’s half as much fun as last year... that’s still awesome

email on its way

Update

Todt was all primed to support.  

Then silence.  

Then I get an email, “talk to Mohammed”. But I’m Lutheran…

I fire up Google

Oh, there’s a new guy …

… won’t delay things though, I’m pressing on regardless.

OK, the press release is late.  My bad.

Tomorrow.  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Skidmarks said:

Hi all.  

Entries are OPEN!

Head to stuttfest.com.au.  

Just booked the boat over from Tassie today actually.  Coming as a spectator though......  Room was booked last December