Sign in to follow this  
Merv

A project for someone?

She's been for sale a long time this one. I guess there are too many faint hearted people around as the add suggests.

Big undertaking for someone , but do hope the car gets restored by someone , hate to see it like that ..

You would have to have deep pockets to get this back on the road!

I saw that car a while ago and that is too far even for me, even to build as a hot rod. Even doing all the labour yourself, after the price of the parts alone, it would still be much cheaper to buy a half decent runner. 

Interesting Jeff.  I was thinking that $40K was too much but if it was $4K, then the costs ahead would seem to outweigh the ultimate value.

1 hour ago, Merv said:

Interesting Jeff.  I was thinking that $40K was too much but if it was $4K, then the costs ahead would seem to outweigh the ultimate value.

Even if it was free, and you did everything yourself, I would be surprised if it would be cheaper than just buying a complete, running car. All the little pieces really add up, and if you were going to farm out the work it would cost a stupid amount.

If I recall correctly, he started advertising it nearly 2 years ago at $60k

Sometimes you just have to ask "why bother". Yes 356s are getting rare and expensive but they are not that rare nor that expensive to justify taking this project on

Parts car at best and should be priced around $10k. I just spent $2.5k on a nose panel yesterday for my '58 speedster

25 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

If I recall correctly, he started advertising it nearly 2 years ago at $60k

Sometimes you just have to ask "why bother". Yes 356s are getting rare and expensive but they are not that rare nor that expensive to justify taking this project on

Parts car at best and should be priced around $10k. I just spent $2.5k on a nose panel yesterday for my '58 speedster

These guys must have imported a container load at some stage. I remember them selling two or three 356's that all looked like jigsaw puzzles.