Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

I am not totally convinced by the sound yet. Inside the cabin at high revs, it sounds quite good...but outside at low to middling revs it seems to have a flat, gruff sound similar to the GT4/GTS 4.0....largely because it is still handicapped by not having a centre merged exhaust like the GT3 so you are still effectively hearing 2 x 2litre 3cyl motors.....which proves yet again IMHO, that the classic GT3 sound that everybody relates to is largely because of the centre merged exhaust.

2 hours ago, WGA said:

I am not totally convinced by the sound yet. Inside the cabin at high revs, it sounds quite good...but outside at low to middling revs it seems to have a flat, gruff sound similar to the GT4/GTS 4.0....largely because it is still handicapped by not having a centre merged exhaust like the GT3 so you are still effectively hearing 2 x 2litre 3cyl motors.....which proves yet again IMHO, that the classic GT3 sound that everybody relates to is largely because of the centre merged exhaust.

Now that's a detailed analysis.  Thanks!

I will be able to tell you first hand how it sounds, both inside and outside, in a few weeks time when I am scheduled to spend two days on track at Spa in a 4RS with Porsche. I plan to take a good poke around and under the car and record some sound bites of the exhaust.

If anyone is curious about any other aspects of the car, let me know in this thread and I will report back.

On 23/01/2022 at 12:36, LeeM said:

You'd be surprised, as I'm sure it was noted on this forum that SA had the highest number of GT3 sales at one point

I went into the SA dealer on the weekend and they pretty much said forget about it for a GT4RS.  Full deposit list, plus a waiting list a mile long.  I put down a deposit for a GT4 allocation and was only 3rd in the queue, which they reckon is about a 12-18 month wait before car arrival. 

17 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Looks to have comfort seats with weissach.  odd.

Has anyone in AU got a build slot on one of these yet?

Some people prefer the comfort seats over the carbon buckets , I have seen this in a number GT3 and GT2 RS ,,,but I just dont see the point in a GT Car with WP option ...I can understand it is a Touring , but not is a WP spec ,d RS ,,,but each to his own :Beer: 

I think WGA may be lucky enough to get one , seems to be very difficult to get any allocations for Porsche GT cars these days .

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Has anyone in AU got a build slot on one of these yet?

I know someone who is supposedly 5th in queue and has submitted a build, but doesn't have an allocation.

I imagine the Felicity Ace sinking will only push things back further.

49 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Similar here, have put a build spec in, but no build slot yet.  No idea where I am in the queue, probably 100th!

If you have a build spec in I would say you are in with a good chance , I say this because when I enquired , the sales man said dont bother with submitting a build , spec ,,,eg if a slot becomes available we will let you know , but highly doubt it  ..

My dealer claimed so far they're only getting 7 cars, they would not commit to anyone else on the list even getting a car. That was before the Felicity Ace sunk.

Edit: I don't believe that will be the case but that is what they've currently been told by the mothership.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the 4 RS or even the GT4 comes with Nose lift like the GT3 , from my experience in my 3 RS the nose lift is a must have item that extra 50mm of lift really makes a difference when getting over speed humps or poor angles on driveways and roads and avoids crunching the front splitter  ..raises quickly lowers quickly really is a practical piece kit for these cars ...

On 05/03/2022 at 14:39, WGA said:

I will be able to tell you first hand how it sounds, both inside and outside, in a few weeks time when I am scheduled to spend two days on track at Spa in a 4RS with Porsche. I plan to take a good poke around and under the car and record some sound bites of the exhaust.

If anyone is curious about any other aspects of the car, let me know in this thread and I will report back.

Crap.... In exactly two weeks time I will be at Spa for 4 days training with Porsche. First 2 days were scheduled to be in the new GT4 RS (second 2 days are in a GT4 Clubsport)....but....just been informed by PAG that due to production delays with the GT4 RS, they will only manage to get 3 cars there by then so seat time will have to be shared between 10-12 drivers which should equate to 2 or 3 sessions across the 3 days. For the rest of the sessions, they are giving me a 992 GT3 to drive.

I will still be able to pass on some first hand experience but nowhere near as much as planned.

PAGs production problems have already delayed my GT3 Touring indefinitely and now this. ☹️

1 hour ago, P-Kay said:

Challenge is timing it just so when you're flying ahem...I mean driving down a road with a dip 😁

I have not encountered a Dip at speed yet , hopefully the lack of suspension travel and how still the RS is it will not affect it so far the nose lift has been a blessing with speed humps and bad entry and departure driveways at service stations etc :Beer: