Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Great image of Signal Yellow car :Beer:

n3jhohpb7k581.webp

I'm not a huge fan of the WP on this car from an aesthetic point of view. Mango is definitely one of my favs though.

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Must have item in these cars I use mine constantly ...

It was a standard inclusion on 991.2 GT3s, optional on GT4 RS. Is it included on 992s? I haven't bothered to check the configurator (and doing that from phone is a pain in the bum). :Chuckle2:

2 hours ago, WGA said:

Crap.... In exactly two weeks time I will be at Spa for 4 days training with Porsche. First 2 days were scheduled to be in the new GT4 RS (second 2 days are in a GT4 Clubsport)....but....just been informed by PAG that due to production delays with the GT4 RS, they will only manage to get 3 cars there by then so seat time will have to be shared between 10-12 drivers which should equate to 2 or 3 sessions across the 3 days. For the rest of the sessions, they are giving me a 992 GT3 to drive.

I will still be able to pass on some first hand experience but nowhere near as much as planned.

PAGs production problems have already delayed my GT3 Touring indefinitely and now this. ☹️

This sucks but was always a possibility with covid, the Felicity Ace, and now the war.

Would not be surprised at all if we see no GT4 RS in customers hands in Australia this year.

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Challenge is timing it just so when you're flying ahem...I mean driving down a road with a dip 😁

I know you're joking but there is a maximum speed over which the lift doesn't operate, and it isn't very fast at all.

Just now, sleazius said:

I'm not a huge fan of the WP on this car from an aesthetic point of view. Mango is definitely one of my favs though.

I do really love Sig Yellow eg Mango in regards to WP the striped bonnet like on the 2RS looks better than the full carbon one , but I do prefer the bonnet painted over the two carbon options like on my RS .

Dont know the weight of the carbon bonnet but mine is silly light weight 

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I do really love Sig Yellow eg Mango in regards to WP the striped bonnet like on the 2RS looks better than the full carbon one , but I do prefer the bonnet painted over the two carbon options like on my RS .

Dont know the weight of the carbon bonnet but mine is silly light weight 

The stupid thing on the GT4 RS is the bonnet is already CF, just painted. The only actual difference between WP and non-WP is the air intake scoops and the engine cover. The catch of course is some other interesting options are only available if you spec WP. What a shock!

So in effect you pay $28k to unlock other options (WP). Never mind that limited PTS (from the list of pre-approved colours) is another $19k, and true PTS is $38k.

$66k to access true PTS with no real benefit other than the intake noise in the cabin sounding more raspy (supposedly).

On 05/03/2022 at 13:39, WGA said:

I will be able to tell you first hand how it sounds, both inside and outside, in a few weeks time when I am scheduled to spend two days on track at Spa in a 4RS with Porsche. I plan to take a good poke around and under the car and record some sound bites of the exhaust.

If anyone is curious about any other aspects of the car, let me know in this thread and I will report back.

May be an old man thing but will be interested to hear if it is too loud in the cabin.  Drive.com.au says it is loud, but Henry Catchpole drove it 2700km and said he'd do it again.

Personally I always thought the Boxster dispersed the sound better thanks to the fabric roof compared to the glass rear hatch in a Cayman when doing highway miles. Otherwise, I am excited but probably won't be getting it until end of 2023 if I am being realistic with Porsche GT cars coming in to Australia so slow. I doubt we'll even get the 200 cars over the lifespan of the model that PCA were mentioning in November 2021 if logistics stay messed up.

2 hours ago, HWY said:

May be an old man thing but will be interested to hear if it is too loud in the cabin.  Drive.com.au says it is loud, but Henry Catchpole drove it 2700km and said he'd do it again.

Personally I always thought the Boxster dispersed the sound better thanks to the fabric roof compared to the glass rear hatch in a Cayman when doing highway miles. Otherwise, I am excited but probably won't be getting it until end of 2023 if I am being realistic with Porsche GT cars coming in to Australia so slow. I doubt we'll even get the 200 cars over the lifespan of the model that PCA were mentioning in November 2021 if logistics stay messed up.

My guess is it will depend what you are used to. When in Europe, I routinely did 2000-4500 kms road trips in my 991.2 GT3 RS and didn't blink an eye so it will have to be a whole lot louder for me to even notice. I will let you know.

Over the last 24hrs, I have now pretty much watched most of the GT4 RS youtube reviews and I have to say that all the Aussie reviews are universally crap. They always seem to send reviewers that drive the car like a grandma and can't actually, umm, drive. Comes across as very amateurish.

37 minutes ago, WGA said:

Over the last 24hrs, I have now pretty much watched most of the GT4 RS youtube reviews and I have to say that all the Aussie reviews are universally crap. They always seem to send reviewers that drive the car like a grandma and can't actually, umm, drive. Comes across as very amateurish.

Normal then 😁

8 hours ago, WGA said:

Funny you say that and I totally agree 100%, I was at SMSP pre covid say 2018 ish doing a sprint day on the South Circuit and one of the Aussie motoring Magazines were on the North Circuit doing track reviews of a number of Superscar like the Mclaren 650 , Lotus Exige, GTR Skyline and the AMG GTS , a Jag F Type R and one of the Aston Martins .

What I saw , was seriously poor driving from all of them and I do mean pathetic , to me it looked like none of them had even driven on a circuit before , and this could have very well been the case , but seriously they were terrible all day and did not get any better, my conclusion was that they were obviously employed for their journalistic skills , eg being able to put a good story together and not for their drive skills .

Since then I have never payed any attention to Aussie motoring Journo,s reviews , I just can not give then any credibility :wacko:

9 hours ago, WGA said:

I am not saying I am a gun driver or journalist, but I contacted the local Porsche PR to see if I could get invited to any future launches, as my channel is easily the biggest Porsche YouTube channel in Aus, and I get a heap more targeted views than some of the Aussie publications They couldn't be less interested. Again not saying I could do a better job, but Porsche in the UK and the US are much more open to other forms of media, even if it just gives a different perspective.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

..... my conclusion was that they were obviously employed for their journalistic skills , eg being able to put a good story together and not for their drive skills .

Raven,

I don't think they can even write a good story as well!  Gone are the days of great Australian journalism of Peter Robinson, Stahly, Tucker and a couple others who's names have faded away.

Wheels magazine is an embarrassing shadow of its former self.