924 turbo flywheel sensor

bear924

Hi all,

The series 2 924 turbo was fitted with a DITIC (Digital ignition system) that utilised a flywheel sensor.  The 924 turbo is one of the few cars on the world that utilised this technology and lots of people (including myself) have found that their flywheel sensor needs to be replaced, and then find they are no longer produced.

Surfing on the 924 groups on FB recently and discovered that a company called 'Classic Line' will be soon releasing a replacement.  Company doesn't have a website (that I know of), however if interested you'll easily find in FB and could message Corentin.

That's the limit of my knowledge on the subject, if anyone else is wiser I'd be interested in feedback on the sensor etc.

I saw this as well on Facebook and was only telling someone about it last night.

I'm lucky, or unlucky enough, depending which way you look at it, that I have a Series 1 so this doesn't affect me, but what great news for Series 2 owners. This part has been the weakest link and downfall for many S2 Turbos.

Thanks for sharing!

Just now, brian in buddina said:

Is this sensor different than the ones on the 944?

Yes it is Brian.

The last one I know of for sale is $1,400 used for the 924T. I believe the 944 ones are readily available which makes it a really hard pill to swallow for those that need one.

The 944 sensor is much longer than the 924T one.

If the function of the sensor is the same between the 924 turbo & 944, you would think you could adjust the height of the sensor to make it work. Someone in the US made a plastic tool that is for sale, to set the gap between the sensor & flywheel. The bracket that hold the sensor, in the 944, is adjustable height wise to set the gap. 
This must all have been discussed somewhere on line. 

1 hour ago, brian in buddina said:

If the function of the sensor is the same between the 924 turbo & 944, you would think you could adjust the height of the sensor to make it work. Someone in the US made a plastic tool that is for sale, to set the gap between the sensor & flywheel. The bracket that hold the sensor, in the 944, is adjustable height wise to set the gap. 
This must all have been discussed somewhere on line. 

Completely different parts ..

images.jpeg-7.jpg

images.jpeg-8.jpg