Front Spiltter

Sov

is it just the lip on the front? i had one on the shelf a while back but i think i sold it. I thought they were cheaper than $600 too.

I think they have a 'rippled' finish on them, that you'd probably change by wet sanding.

if it's got scratches in the plastic you'll be better off seeing a panel beater, they'll use filler to build it back up and put back in the finish it has, then paint it.

or Gyeon Trim to make it all black and not easily noticeable - Gyeon Q2 Trim 30ml | Product | Car Care Products Australia

5 hours ago, Russ said:

is it just the lip on the front? i had one on the shelf a while back but i think i sold it. I thought they were cheaper than $600 too.

Yes, front splitter. If you have one, I'll buy it.

5 hours ago, Russ said:

or Gyeon Trim to make it all black and not easily noticeable - Gyeon Q2 Trim 30ml | Product | Car Care Products Australia

This is what has been used, unfortunately you can still see the rough texture from all the driveway encounters.

10 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Splitters are basically a consumable…….

Yep, mine has been consumed, with a replacement needed soon. Anyone have 997.1 aero kit or GT3 lip, preferably in SA. 

15 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Sand it to get the worst of the scratches out , then spray it with matt black or as above, Plastidip, rinse and repeat every 3 months 

20210104_152119.jpg

How do these ones attach?  They look to be clip in which would be great.  The one on my 996.1 GT3 uses those plastic screw in spreader thingies which are a pain to remove, and very easy to burr when screwing in.  At least the 996 one is only $300 or so.  

Warning to those going to Luftwasser in March and staying at Quest Wodonga, unless you have a lift kit, don't waste your money on the undercover secure parking....  In fact, I'm not sure whether a lift kit would even stop the scraping.....

2 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Cut 30mm off it to make it a little more user friendly

Good tip Shedpest. Its worn through in a couple of places, will see if there's enough meat on it when i get home.

2 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I always used the cup ones - very cheap vs road version and strong too.  Take a pounding.  

Thanks for the info mc968cs, will have a look for them.

2 hours ago, AD911S said:

Splitters pick up all sorts of flotsam

645.jpg

Collingrove hillclimb?

On 28/10/2021 at 17:03, Merv said:

I did mine.  Removed it.  Used a heat gun to remove a small dent, wet sanded, plastic primed and matt black caliber paint after that.  Something to do every year probably.

Perfect! Thanks Merv, I'll do the same.

36 minutes ago, sjm said:

picked up a 997.1 cup splitter from Porsche Adelaide. They had a new old stock discounted to $200. Bargain.

Yeah. They are very strong those ones.  Take a total pounding.  I kept a couple spare but found they last ages.  Heaps cheaper than road one.