SMT November 28/11/21 Pre Christmas run.

SMT Sunday 28/11/21.

Thinking of a morning run to Eildon or Marysville. Weather is a bit on the wet side right now. Long-term forecast for 28/11/21 seems not to bad. 

Looking at how many people might be interested for the moment.

Meet in Tecoma  Maccas , all details to be confirmed closer to the date , hope to see great cars and drivers. 

PERFECT.

A perfect run on a perfect day. Beautiful weather , all sun , not too warm or too cold. Coffee in hand and some good chats at 6 am , saw us out of the blocks by 6:20 am. Sun was already up , which made for some sun glare for the first 30 minutes. Being a small group , we stayed nice and tight and managed a good pace. only met 1 group of pushies and maybe 2 cars on the slower sections. So no traffic , just open road. Pete took us through the spur and showed us how its done in his GT3. What a beast!! Marysville was just the right spot for a break and breakfast. Learned a lot about the perils of importing a car from the US and convert steering , etc. Opens a can of worms and creates a number of 'too hard baskets'. You get there Pete.!

Thank you everybody who came a long , had a blast , like always , great people , stories and cars. 

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

Thanks again @Arne Krix for forecasting a perfect day and arranging. You seem to be in the know for the long range forecast. Glorious weather and much safer than last run hehehehe

Just the single shot from me in the usual place ;) I look forward to the next one (hopefully this end of the new year!)

IMG_1209.thumb.JPG.07d1cc289914cec14305a09545b88d8f.JPG

What a champion Arne is..........always putting his hand up to motivate the crowd and get us out driving, big shout out to someone keeping the SMT alive.

It really was the perfect day for it, clear roads and excellent conditions, looking forward to the next one

bCR0vpD.jpg

The Forum used to be much more social and inclusive. Different people invited to SMT runs, and a great mix and variety of people and cars showed up. All of that has basically stopped , and established groups privately message each other and organize their social meets. Other folks only want to drive with their type of Porsche , for example GT cars only or earlier 911's. All of that is fine , but it is also totally exclusive . A lot of people in the forum don't know too many members and there are also a good number of 'Newbie's". These like minded Porsche enthusiasts would be struggling to ever be a part of  a drive in the settings of the Forum. Some members I talk to , are not confident or interested to go to Track events , they are looking for social drives. I am one of them. 5 rounds in Winton , and I had it . That is the reason ,, why i keep making the effort and try to get people together , be social in the original spirit of the Forum , and give everybody a shot . I find it actually a bit sad how it is right now , I am sure Covid has something to do with it. Some of you might agree , some might not , that is ok , we all are entitled to our opinions.  But hopefully  we manage to become more of a Forum that includes members. Sorry , my rant for the day , Head :Chuckle2:cold and hangover does not help.

37 minutes ago, Arne Krix said:

The Forum used to be much more social and inclusive. Different people invited to SMT runs, and a great mix and variety of people and cars showed up. All of that has basically stopped , and established groups privately message each other and organize their social meets. Other folks only want to drive with their type of Porsche , for example GT cars only or earlier 911's. All of that is fine , but it is also totally exclusive . A lot of people in the forum don't know too many members and there are also a good number of 'Newbie's". These like minded Porsche enthusiasts would be struggling to ever be a part of  a drive in the settings of the Forum. Some members I talk to , are not confident or interested to go to Track events , they are looking for social drives. I am one of them. 5 rounds in Winton , and I had it . That is the reason ,, why i keep making the effort and try to get people together , be social in the original spirit of the Forum , and give everybody a shot . I find it actually a bit sad how it is right now , I am sure Covid has something to do with it. Some of you might agree , some might not , that is ok , we all are entitled to our opinions.  But hopefully  we manage to become more of a Forum that includes members. Sorry , my rant for the day , Head :Chuckle2:cold and hangover does not help.

I used to go on all of them Arne, but the last few I went on were way over subscribed to the point of leaving in 3 groups of 10-12 cars, I think this is why breakaway groups started forming as 30+ cars on a run can be a bit like herding cats 

5 hours ago, Stepo said:

What a champion Arne is..........always putting his hand up to motivate the crowd and get us out driving, big shout out to someone keeping the SMT alive.

It really was the perfect day for it, clear roads and excellent conditions, looking forward to the next one

bCR0vpD.jpg

Saw you guys having brekkie, I was there albeit sans-Porsche as was MTB riding with mates over the weekend using Marysville as a base :)

Good job on trying to organise SMTs @Arne Krix 

1 hour ago, StevepGT3 said:

I used to go on all of them Arne, but the last few I went on were way over subscribed to the point of leaving in 3 groups of 10-12 cars, I think this is why breakaway groups started forming as 30+ cars on a run can be a bit like herding cats 

I remember ! Shows how much demand is there > Can be managed , just cap it to max 10 cars ,or less. First come best serve I suppose. Miss the sound of your car , for sure.:rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Another one who enjoys your drives and company Arne. Will be on the next one for sure!

Only missed this one as mine isn't a 911 Safari! :lol: 

1398833197_Carport211127c.thumb.jpg.3e434cc8832f32f47fddfabe89b25f0e.jpg

send a photo when finished , Porsche on Driveway!